Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Natural footballer, and has a touch of class & poise to back it up.

I dare say.............he could one day be classed as.............."mercurial".

When?

21 Disposals, 2 Goals, 397 Metres Gained, 6 i50

Anyone that has watched both play could tell you that Taylor has so much that Kayne does not.

The kid has one breakout game and now you're an expert. All you're interested in is in lurking in the shadows for however long it takes in order to pounce and shitcan Turner.

Natural footballer, and has a touch of class & poise to back it up.

I dare say.............he could one day be classed as.............."mercurial".
Pykie recently compared him to Shagga Grant and younger Sidebottom. I reckon both a valid comparisons

Pykie recently compared him to Shagga Grant and younger Sidebottom. I reckon both a valid comparisons

Fair enough, although I see him more as a smaller CHF type.

Reminiscent of the inconsistent, but occasionally mercurial Corey Jones.

Going back to this thread and am reminded of him being denied the most obvious high contact free ever that costs us a game last year.

When?

21 Disposals, 2 Goals, 397 Metres Gained, 6 i50

Anyone that has watched both play could tell you that Taylor has so much that Kayne does not.

One was a rookie the other should have gone first round so is it any surprise?

Post match Dal Santo was interviewing Higgins and asked about Taylor, to which Higgins said I told you to watch out for him. Taylor is obviously doing all the right things to have Higgins talking him up off camera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post match Dal Santo was interviewing Higgins and asked about Taylor, to which Higgins said I told you to watch out for him. Taylor is obviously doing all the right things to have Higgins talking him up off camera.

I get the feeling Higgins would be a hard bloke to impress too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kid has one breakout game and now you're an expert. All you're interested in is in lurking in the shadows for however long it takes in order to pounce and shitcan Turner.

I didn't draw the initial comparisons with Turner... However despite sharing a similar position, they are very different players.

"Lurking in the shadows" is rich for someone that still lives in his mothers basement.

I didn't draw the initial comparisons with Turner... However despite sharing a similar position, they are very different players.

A correct observation. Keep it up.

Why does original speculative draft position get brought into this?

If it must, we're comparing a 3rd rounder to a rookie. "Should have" doesn't come into it.

I disagree. Taylor was invited to draft night, his talent and ability had never been in question.

That on its own shows how highly regarded he was by the general footy world.

If we are gonna be like that we picked CT before Bailey Scott who has the real potential to play 150 games, maybe more and be a real leader at the club.

KT wouldn't have been within cooee of that conversation if he was in that draft as well.

"Lurking in the shadows" is rich for someone that still lives in his mothers basement.

They are complimentary players really.

Personally I thought we struggled to slow the ball movement out of our forward line as well but I was expecting that to a point so maybe it's just confirmation bias.

I disagree. Taylor was invited to draft night, his talent and ability had never been in question.

That on its own shows how highly regarded he was by the general footy world.

If we are gonna be like that we picked CT before Bailey Scott who has the real potential to play 150 games, maybe more and be a real leader at the club.

KT wouldn't have been within cooee of that conversation if he was in that draft as well.

But he wasn't mate?

I'm not sure relative draft positions should be used to compare senior players but if they are, all we can compare is -actual- draft position.

Clubs aren't withholding drafting players to make a point (except for Dodoro). If a player goes at 46 then nobody prior rated him higher for their list needs.

Fwiw there was an article mentioning us and the dogs being into Kayne before the 2013 drafts iirc.

But he wasn't mate?

I'm not sure relative draft positions should be used to compare senior players but if they are, all we can compare is -actual- draft position.

Clubs aren't withholding drafting players to make a point (except for Dodoro). If a player goes at 46 then nobody prior rated him higher for their list needs.

Fwiw there was an article mentioning us and the dogs being into Kayne before the 2013 drafts iirc.

I wouldn't get too hung up on draft assumptions regarding 2019 mate, as this one is showing every indication of being an absolute blinder.

I really enjoyed his debut, got to the right places, went in hard, didn't look out of place but the difference in body language between then and yesterday's game is dog's testicles. Oozing confidence. Has all the tools and then some, and he knows it.
Exciting times.

But he wasn't mate?

Its not the relative draft position it's the expectation. If someone gets invited to draft night it's cos the are good enough to have that expectation hanging over them.

Obviously a player like that you'd expect to be better than a rookie pick.

Have a look at the context of what I said.

He's comparing a rookie player who is in the side because of their discipline hard work and commitment to playing a role against a player who slid at the draft but that we took as soon as we could comfortably get away with it and keep a f/s we'd committed to playing a pre season breakout game. In a draft where we took what look like great players.

Brett the hitman reckons Taylor's figures are shitloads better than anything Turner did at the same time. Given their relative reputations as juniors is that a surprise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back