Position 2020 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm starting to think Roberton is not required. He's in most teams (which is a bit concerning), but that $260k just seems too in-between a price. He probably gets to $400-425k, but it might take a while.

I'm starting to think Roberton is not required. He's in most teams (which is a bit concerning), but that $260k just seems too in-between a price. He probably gets to $400-425k, but it might take a while.

He should average at the minimum around 75 and could push 90-95 if all goes well. Plays a very SC friendly role.

If he has heart issues trade him down to a flavour of the month rookie and pocket your 200k.

How did he look yesterday? 16 touches and 9 marks for only 60 SC points. I assume all the marks were cheapies, no intercepts for big points. He had 4 clangers which didn't help his score. A bit rusty?

Think I'm going to pick him in the hop he stays on the park, averages 88-93 and can stay as my D6/D7 for the year

But I get what you're saying. I currently have Robbo at D3, Cumming D4, Noble D5, BZT D6, with Brander and Watson on the bench. Might be able to move Starcevich to defence, if he's named, then put Brander on field. I really like Cumming (lol) and Noble, think they will be great cash cows

How did he look yesterday? 16 touches and 9 marks for only 60 SC points. I assume all the marks were cheapies, no intercepts for big points. He had 4 clangers which didn't help his score. A bit rusty?

Think I'm going to pick him in the hop he stays on the park, averages 88-93 and can stay as my D6/D7 for the year

But I get what you're saying. I currently have Robbo at D3, Cumming D4, Noble D5, BZT D6, with Brander and Watson on the bench. Might be able to move Starcevich to defence, if he's named, then put Brander on field. I really like Cumming (lol) and Noble, think they will be great cash cows

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the Saints game. It's just that price point that worries me, when trying (really hard) to stick with GnR. I'm striving to have only Dev & Steven as the only 2 players between Noble's $215k & Doc's $435k. Only $45k odd between Roberton & Noble, but that may make all the difference IF/AS I consider them both to be cash cows (IE: I don't see Roberton being last season's Brodie Smith and staying in my team all season).

On that note, I may not be able to get up to a Laird/Sookily type as D1, so who do you prefer more from your mob; Crisp or Howe? The value suggests Howe, but I wonder if Crisp's role becomes more prominent (at least in the short-term) due to Adams' & Treloar's issues/

I'll be honest, I didn't watch the Saints game. It's just that price point that worries me, when trying (really hard) to stick with GnR. I'm striving to have only Dev & Steven as the only 2 players between Noble's $215k & Doc's $435k. Only $45k odd between Roberton & Noble, but that may make all the difference IF/AS I consider them both to be cash cows (IE: I don't see Roberton being last season's Brodie Smith and staying in my team all season).

On that note, I may not be able to get up to a Laird/Sookily type as D1, so who do you prefer more from your mob; Crisp or Howe? The value suggests Howe, but I wonder if Crisp's role becomes more prominent (at least in the short-term) due to Adams' & Treloar's issues/
I swear Crisp got screwed by CD a lot last year, didn't deserve some of the harsh scored he got. He did get thrown into the middle a bit towards the end of last year and got a lot of the ball. I think he'll definitely get back over the 90 average. I think Crisp will average more than Howe and he also provides value, considering I see him as priced at ~7 below his expected average.

Can't go wrong with either though, think Howe should get back to ~90

Oh, so I get laughed at for suggesting Howe as an option only YESTERDAY, but then someone else suggests it today and everyone is saying he's a decent option at that price.

This is just as bad as someone saying your joke but louder so everyone laughs at them :'( /s

It was me that laughed and said no.

Only cause the kent burned me badly 2 seasons ago when I picked him over Lloyd.

Haunts me still till this day as the kent played like absolute s**t, got injured while Lloyd killed it every week.

giphy.gif

Oh, so I get laughed at for suggesting Howe as an option only YESTERDAY, but then someone else suggests it today and everyone is saying he's a decent option at that price.

This is just as bad as someone saying your joke but louder so everyone laughs at them :'( /s

Know howe you feel.

I was ridiculed for hyping Naismith a few weeks ago. Now everyone's jumping on. Wish they would stick with Gawn and their 1-3-4 forward lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can a defence of laird D1 docherty d2 roberton thatcher noble brander work to strengthen the fwd line
theres enough quality in the cheaper range of defenders than forwards. better to go light at the back this year with players like roberton cummings noble ash bzt and co.

theres enough quality in the cheaper range of defenders than forwards. better to go light at the back this year with players like roberton cummings noble ash bzt and co.
My backline is currently Lloyd Docherty Cumming Noble Ash Zerk-Thatcher (Starcevich Watson). Brander in my forward line. Everyone you mentioned here except Roberton haha. Open to being convinced why I should get Roberton though. Thoughts? I'm pretty happy with it tbh, the only one I'm not sure about at all is Watson.

My backline is currently Lloyd Docherty Cumming Noble Ash Zerk-Thatcher (Starcevich Watson). Brander in my forward line. Everyone you mentioned here except Roberton haha. Open to being convinced why I should get Roberton though. Thoughts? I'm pretty happy with it tbh, the only one I'm not sure about at all is Watson.

I'd be skeptical about Cumming's output once Williams returns.

when do you reckon williams will be back? i must admit i am really quite anti mid-pricer. for me mid price is 220k-490k. the only players in my entire squad in that price range are docherty, cumming and smith (essendon). at this stage docherty and smith are locked in but i still could change cumming. is roberton a better pick at only 15k more?

Last edited:
when do you reckon williams will be back? i must admit i am really quite anti mid-pricer. for me mid price is 220k-490k. the only players in my entire squad in that price range are docherty, cumming and smith (essendon). at this stage docherty and smith are locked in but i still could change cumming. is roberton a better pick at only 15k more?
Cumming can take Adam Kennedy's spot in the side. There's also Sam Reid who played every game last year, but didn't play Marsh #2 and instead played in the NEAFL practice match. There's also Tomlinson's wing role which needs to be filled. Cumming has played off half back and on the wing

Also there's not much info on Zac Williams' injury, it's the achilles he's had issues with in the past, could be out for a while

check robertons past history for the last 3-4 years

Can't see GWS selecting both Cumming and Ash Rd1. Cumming more likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back