Position 2020 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Winner this year will start a 2-0-4 backline.

Mark my words ;)
5B41AC58-8068-4128-81EB-8BEE98B76721.gif

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
With Docherty at D1?

Who knows?

I think that the expensive defender rookies are where it's at though, with plenty of options presenting themselves late.

Cumming, Noble, BZT, Ash, McAsey, Starcevich, Brander, Tobe & Gould could work his way into games early.

Not to mention Hill being able to work through there once he gets his body right.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Bit bullish on Cyarrrlllton this year. Reckon they can make the bottom 6 this time.
Anyone care to speculate on a bloke who averaged 110 after the byes ? including a 147 and 161 ?
Natural scorer since his 151 in his 5th game as a rook.
1% ownership o_O
Same price as Laird, BUT without the ceiling.
Played only 3 seasons. 97 avg def in first yr at a new club. Flawless transition.
I hear Plowman and Marchbank pulled up sore...they could be out for the season :p:straining:

Release the Beast.
It could be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Bit bullish on Cyarrrlllton this year. Reckon they can make the bottom 6 this time.
Anyone care to speculate on a bloke who averaged 110 after the byes ? including a 147 and 161 ?
Natural scorer since his 151 in his 5th game as a rook.
1% ownership o_O
Same price as Laird, BUT without the ceiling.
Played only 3 seasons. 97 avg def in first yr at a new club. Flawless transition.
I hear Plowman and Marchbank pulled up sore...they could be out for the season :p:straining:

Release the Beast.
It could be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
Docherty is back to take all his cheap kicks
If he averages over 85 this season I'll be shocked

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Docherty is back to take all his cheap kicks
If he averages over 85 this season I'll be shocked
You're misreading it.
Everytime we think a stud coming back in will ruin the other guy, the opposite seems to happen.
That Doc-Newman combo will become D1-D2 this season. Gull at D3.
Its a gift.
Bank it ;)

edit. When cruising, Noooooman's scoring is actually as good as Doc's anyway :oops:. Surprising. Doc at the price is a must have, but hasn't played for 2 yrs and wont be thrashed. Nooooman will be settled this yr. Both luv the chips. Just saying.

Last edited:
You're misreading it.
Everytime we think a stud coming back in will ruin the other guy, the opposite seems to happen.
That Doc-Newman combo will become D1-D2 this season. Gull at D3.
Its a gift.
Bank it ;)
Mate, the only thing I'm banking is your avatar giving me a :rocket:
brb

Significant

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have grave concerns with Roberton. Hasn't scored well this preseason, being pretty rusty and so far struggling to pick up the pace of the game since being out.

The other issue I see is we as a team relied on him significantly over previous years being the rabble we were. I think we are a more balanced side in terms of SuperCoach out, and even in our defence can rely on Carlisle and Howard to be intercepting ball, not just Robbo.

I am struggling to see the value in starting him when I don't potentially see him as a keeper, and there are plenty of options popping up from an expensive rookie perspective in defence that I believe will score similar and make similar coin.

If I was to pick him, I think it would be on the proviso that I hold him over the bye rounds to help scores, but even then I am getting cold feet as to whether it's worth it.

Value for money or better off with an expensive def rookie?

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have grave concerns with Roberton. Hasn't scored well this preseason, being pretty rusty and so far struggling to pick up the pace of the game since being out.

The other issue I see is we as a team relied on him significantly over previous years being the rabble we were. I think we are a more balanced side in terms of SuperCoach out, and even in our defence can rely on Carlisle and Howard to be intercepting ball, not just Robbo.

I am struggling to see the value in starting him when I don't potentially see him as a keeper, and there are plenty of options popping up from an expensive rookie perspective in defence that I believe will score similar and make similar coin.

If I was to pick him, I think it would be on the proviso that I hold him over the bye rounds to help scores, but even then I am getting cold feet as to whether it's worth it.

With players like Cumming and Noble out there, and still pretty expensive defender rookies like Ash and Zerk-Thatcher, maybe not.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville

Yeah, I hate the fact that I have him. I can downgrade Naismith at R3 to some 102k rookie, then use the cash on upgrading Roberton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been toying with swapping him for Lukosius.

"Star defender Zac Williams (Achilles) missed the Marsh Series but is a chance to take on Geelong and should feature in an intraclub clash on Saturday." :think:
Good. If Cumming plays round 1 with Zilliams in the team, then he's a lock

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Just dropped Houston and Roberton so now Smith is my D1 and Brander is 6 with Docherty, Zerk-Thatcher and 2 PODs in between. My team is changing heaps but i think ive finally found a setup i love. Predicted score went from 1806 to 1921 as well. I really dont think it means much but i certainly noticed the massive increase

Remove this Banner Ad

Back