In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently the Government are now recommending not attending gatherings of more than 500 people now - let’s see how long before AFL announces closed door games.

Welcome to Season 2020.

At home.
On TV.
Brought to you by the finest commentators money can buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
All i know is those campaigners at Ticketmaster are guaranteed to stitch me up another $5.50 in "handling fees" when i attempt to choose another game.

Unfortunately you can only book Flexi tickets one game at a time as far as I could ever figure out so have to keep paying the $5.50 for each game you book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm so do we get the booking fees refunded and get to select games later on in the season if the ones we've booked are cancelled? :think:

Be interesting to see what the AFL's and Club's position is on refunding closed stadium or (eventually) cancelled games once players get sick and teams can't field full sides. Interesting to see whether they refund, partial refund similar to a seat return payment or give you a "thanks for supporting the club! (financially)" with no refund given.

I haven't actually checked the terms and conditions of my membership to see if it has a clause about events such as a force majeur.

Just got upgraded from my flexi member 5 game membership to a full membership in my 7th year.
I grabbed a Blue and Gold terrace membership row 8 seat 30, would someone who is a member in this area give me some info on what's on offer in this area...cheers

Good for you - it's a brilliant spot to sit. I am a bit further along in Club 87.

B&G Tce is a very good spot to have a seat - you have an open air bar (where you can get full strength beer and you can't downstairs) and food area limited to a certain number of members. To get into that section of the ground you need to show your pass - so the bar area is not over crowded.

Row 8 (you didn't say the block) is very good I think. At that level you are right on top of the action. I've been up the top of the block and towards the bottom. The views are brilliant from lower down the block but it's better at the top when you want to get a beer or some food come half time (you don't have to wait for everyone else to come up the block). Each has its advantages. Better views v wait time at half time. However because its a restricted area the numbers are not great anyway. Very different experience to downstairs.

Not sure if you have seen this link (I think most have but I am always surprised when people tell me that they didn't know about it. Anyway, punch in the block and row and have a look at your new view!

Anyway, enjoy. I think you scored yourself a very good seat in a brilliant part of the ground - they are very good value - hang on to it no matter what - is my advice. :westcoast:

Good for you - it's a brilliant spot to sit. I am a bit further along in Club 87.

B&G Tce is a very good spot to have a seat - you have an open air bar (where you can get full strength beer and you can't downstairs) and food area limited to a certain number of members. To get into that section of the ground you need to show your pass - so the bar area is not over crowded.

Row 8 (you didn't say the block) is very good I think. At that level you are right on top of the action. I've been up the top of the block and towards the bottom. The views are brilliant from lower down the block but it's better at the top when you want to get a beer or some food come half time (you don't have to wait for everyone else to come up the block). Each has its advantages. Better views v wait time at half time. However because its a restricted area the numbers are not great anyway. Very different experience to downstairs.

Not sure if you have seen this link (I think most have but I am always surprised when people tell me that they didn't know about it. Anyway, punch in the block and row and have a look at your new view!

Anyway, enjoy. I think you scored yourself a very good seat in a brilliant part of the ground - they are very good value - hang on to it no matter what - is my advice. :westcoast:
Awesome bud, just the response I was looking for. Thanks heaps.
Jeez that sounds just what I was after, I remember the state of origin games at the WACCA in its day and to be able get
full strength beer will be wonderous.
Hope to make a few new WC supporter friends also.

Awesome bud, just the response I was looking for. Thanks heaps.
Jeez that sounds just what I was after, I remember the state of origin games at the WACCA in its day and to be able get
full strength beer will be wonderous.
Hope to make a few new WC supporter friends also.

Always happy to stop and say hello to another WCE supporter if we can work out a way! And that's providing we actually get into a game this year?

I go with my 3 sons, my partner and mother in law - and we have made some fantastic friends at the footy. The people sitting around us since the first game at Optus. And we had some good friends at Subi as well but they moved to other parts of the ground in the transition. We still see them at half time occasionally. :)

You're going to love it! :westcoast:

Oh Wow!! Had a look at the virtual venue, not going to miss much action from there.
Thanks for the link. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the standard ticket purchasers don't get their booking fee refunded by Ticketmaster?
I don't know - I've never had to get a refund before.

My guess is they pocket it regardless because they will say they "booked" your ticket and therefore did their part of the job.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

Can't believe it mate, I said to her, soooooo what premium options ya got?T
Thinking yeah no way I going to get in to one of the premium areas....
Next minute oh you only need 1 seat...OK...ummm...how bout a Eagles 87 seat on the wing? Sun in face and no cover from rain.
F@%k far out that sounds good, how much?
Oh that'll be $1600
Me. um have you got something just a bit cheaper.
Yeah Sir, Blue and Gold terrace, full bar and premium meals.
Price was right so I jumped in, see it as a investment in the club and my future.
Probably won't get to sit in my seat this year for a while the way things are panning out.
I’m in the blue & gold terrace. You cop a bit of sun with the afternoon games, but it’s autumn / winter, so not that bad.
They have pre-mix spirits in cans and also you can get them to mix on the spot from the bottles they have there, which is much more preferable.
The food though is pretty ordinary imo for supposedly premium food.
I’m in row 10 and when it rains I hardly get wet, normally just a few drops depending on the wind.
The view though is very good, just about on the 50 mtr line.

Is there any campaigners who jumped on the FLEXI train and have been offered a full membership since?

I'm trying to recall if jumping from In The Wings to FLEXI booted you down the list or if you retained your spot and stayed in the que.
I think you would keep the same spot, but I only base it on them saying that being offered a full membership is based on how long you've been on the waiting list or something to that effect.

Is there any campaigners who jumped on the FLEXI train and have been offered a full membership since?

I'm trying to recall if jumping from In The Wings to FLEXI booted you down the list or if you retained your spot and stayed in the que.

Was in the Wings until the new stadium was finished, accepted a 5 game membership in 2018, then offered full membership in 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back