Media S29 Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you all stop saying sticky wicket please? I already spotted Testy earlier and he’d abandoned his wardrobe. Called it a malfunction or something.
after the converstions you two have had, he'd have a pretty sticky wicket

View attachment 840619
I've listened to the complaints from The Warriors people and I have to agree. There is too much feel goodery going on so this week is bad boy week. I'll be calling out all the spuds within the S29 rookie intake.

Butler40, Bovo, Drunken Wookie, Bastyy, biaseddustyfan, BlueE, MatthewB, The Victorian, Cap, windyhill, Crusty Undies and Chipmunk all failed to get higher than 20 ARSE points. Disgusting, disappointing and downright pathetic. I'm ashamed for you all.

There were a couple of decent performances from the rookies, but they had already been nominated so fu** them.

Of the rookies that bothered to put in any effort to help their team only one put in performance worthy of a nomination and that rookie was jezzajay. They scored 72.9 ARSE points, a pitiful effort when compared to some of the monster showings this season but it does highlight Jezza's ability to put in consistently solid efforts for his team. He might not be a Dr Mantis Taboggan, but he is exactly the type of player you want on your team. Congratulations are due for Jezza. Put your hands together, but not too enthusiastically. We won't want to give the rookies the impression this s**t will be tolerated week after week.

View attachment 840620

~~~

I sat down with the young wonder and his captain to discuss his season so far.

Dingster
1. Welcome Ding. You must be glad to see Jezza finally receive some recognition. How impressed have you been with Jezza so far?
Jez hit the ground running in the pre season taking it up to some of the more experienced posters and has been a regular contributor in our match threads. I love that he has a crack and is fitting into SFA life with aplomb.

2. How did the Jezza come to join the Wonders and how do you think he is fitting in so far? How has he been handling having to decipher what Bloodied52 is saying on a regular basis?
I noticed Jez dominating the minor leagues and gave a brown paper full of money that I stole from Vegas.

As the official interpreter for B52, I get great enjoyment from misinterpreting his comments. As a result, Jez is never alone in the same room as B52 and will never order the lasagna in room service again.

3. What position do you currently have Jezza playing and can we expect to see him get a run in other positions through the the season?
Jez has been playing ruck rover, but as a true team player rookie who does what he's told, he plays other positions to honour our veterans on milestone games. For Clarkey's 400th this week, he'll play at CHF.

4. What S29 rookies have caught your eye this season so far?
Tonga Bob has been the stand out from our match threads so far. serial_thrilla was also great value and I look forward to seeing more of PurpleGreenRed.

Jezzajay
1. Welcome Jezza. Congratulations on receiving the Round 6 Rising Star nomination. You may want to thank the poor performances of other rookies. How did you first hear of the SFA?

I was blissfully unawares of the SFA until I was approached by the Almighty Dingster one sunny afternoon as I was minding my own. When he first asked I was like..."what the hell are you taking about!?" But of course I was submissive and said yes....hell, anythings worth trying (well almost anything) at least once....who knows whether you will like it or not until you try - correct!?
No regrets thus far!

2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How are you finding the Wonders?

Yes I am. This provides another level to the BF experience. Firstly it has introduced me to a vast array of new posters/players and brought back a few that I'd lost touch with over time. I just wish I had more time on my hands to spend bantering with everyone...just find it difficult outside of my work, business and family commitments but it's a great escape from all that also. My wife is shocked to see me limbering up on a Sunday arvo before a game...I haven't been this active in years!
The Wonders are awesome...is there a better team with better bunch of players in the league - doubt it!
The support form them is phenomenal!

We have some guns and I'd love to see us win the big prize as a group.

3. How do you prepare for a qooty match?
Crack my knuckles...a little stretch of the neck and back...then put my feet up and sit back and relax as everything unfolds. Sometimes I'll throw a pie and iced coffee into the mix.

4. What are your aspirations for yourself within the league.
I want to be seen as a tough nut...and I'm achieving that with my tackle rate already...I'm only a rookie and I'm already hitting big numbers - bigger than most the older entitled hacks have managed in their entire careers that are still hogging field positions.
I'd also like to say I will be a one team player...I'm as loyal as they come. But of course I will consider all options and offer$$.

5. Have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made any enemies yet?
There have been many posters that have caught my eye for a variety of reasons. Some are insanely funny....some weird....some 'over the hill' and then there's some that just shouldn't bother.
I'm not going to name my enemies as I'm not sure they are that aware of my distaste for them...as I quote the Godfather - "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

6. How do you rate your chances of winning come the end of the season?
I really do believe we are close to getting a good run on, and timing it right for the end of season run when everyone else has hit the wall... I mean booze. We are so close to winning games and we've been run over the top in the last quarter on numerous occasions and those teams had to fight tooth and nail to get over us, that will hurt them long term. Be prepared for the Wonders to come home strong! From what I understand of our last season or two...making at least top 4 will be a good result for us..but history means nothing to me (with all due respect to my team mates, stuff the rest though) right now as I'm contributing to the Wonders' legacy.

A true team player Jezza. Always good to see. Thanks guys.
~~~

View attachment 840621

serial_thrilla had a prolific week in match threads which saw him jump from 7th to 3rd on the posting ladder. PurpleGreenRed had a massive game which sees him bumped to second for largest ARSE. Cap got dragged early which allowed the other rookies to catch up to him, yet most of them sucked just as hard as Cap so his lead remains largely untouched.​

Isn’t it round 8?

Congrats jezzajay

Blatter = Bearer?

Worth thinking about.

But this more than any of the S,29 Rookies are worth.

Last week I set them a challenge - to nominate a bit of banter they has been involved with that they were pleased with. Hourly I went to my PM box and folks I can tell ye, "Not a Dickie Bird".

So there is no KABOOM for Round 6.

I am not gunna tread the deserts of match threads or empty vessel Stalineo19 comments and responses in other threads. Fork that!

So ye wee S29 Rookies. Kick your Smugg Boots off and have a crack. Send me a nomination. Make me smile or at least sneer.

The old bludger at work tries to get the new guys to do his job for him then is surprised when they don’t. Stop the presses!

You’ve put in a fair innings Gramps, but if you’re too tired to do the job anymore then retire & pass it on to someone else.

The old bludger at work tries to get the new guys to do his job for him then is surprised when they don’t. Stop the presses!

You’ve put in a fair innings Gramps, but if you’re too tired to do the job anymore then retire & pass it on to someone else.

If you can be impartial perhaps Bloodied52 will take you on as work experience for a week and give you a crack at the KABOOM!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be sad ABE. These S29 rooks are all self-entitled and want everything handed to them on a silver platter without earning it fair and square. We had to fight to the almost death for it last season, no gimmes at all.

Decent Four Yorkshiremen areas here, I’ll give you that.

A5BDF0E9-B173-4973-9026-9DE41FE25D70-23681-000013DC1232BBEA.gif

I agree. No gimmes whatsoever. These rookies could learn a thing or two about hard work from us.

I am not gunna tread the deserts of match threads or empty vessel Stalineo19 comments and responses in other threads. Fork that!

ThEsE rOoKiEs CoUlD lEaRn A tHiNg Or TwO aBoUt HaRd WoRk FrOm Us.

D9A7D275-A389-464A-BD98-57CE36ADCEA1-23681-000013E33D3FBF57.gif

I've listened to the complaints from The Warriors people and I have to agree.
I9r0ur7.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back