Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
**** yeah. Great cold open.

Mega yachts of the future are pretty pimp. Geez Delores is even more smoking than she was in the wild west.

Can see why they got Aaron Paul, character doesn't seem that far removed from later seasons Jessie Pinkman but I think it works. "No offense, but are you human?" lol, s**t would be depressing as hell.

A bit confused as to why the drugs had no effect on Delores but then she was about to pass out from an abdominal wound, would really like it if they could get the rules of the road a bit more cemented this season.

I forgot about the post-credits sequence *smacks head*

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
A bit confused as to why the drugs had no effect on Delores but then she was about to pass out from an abdominal wound, would really like it if they could get the rules of the road a bit more cemented this season.
I assume it's because the hosts have been programmed to still bleed and get weaker/lose consciousness from it, but probably don't have any receptors for drugs to work on in their body because that would have been pointless

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I assume it's because the hosts have been programmed to still bleed and get weaker/lose consciousness from it, but probably don't have any receptors for drugs to work on in their body because that would have been pointless

Hmm. I thought she'd moved passed the constraints of her programming and had control of her own code now - in a similar way to Bernard this ep, was getting his clock cleaned by those guys but flips a switch and he's terminator mode.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Benito Amilcare Andrea Mussolini(1883–1945) also known as Chef Boyardee also known as User:DuceMoosolini was the dictator of Italy from 1922 until his execution in 1945. Mussolini was the original fascist(after all, he coined the term), but was never as good at it as that one Austrian dude in charge of Germany. Today he is most remembered for siding with Team Bad Guy in that one really big war and subsequently suffering a long series of disastrous military embarrassments. In spring 1945, Mussolini attempted to flee the burning wreckage of his country with his lady friend, but they were captured by communist partisans and executed. Oops.

Mussolini's version of fascism did not have the fanatic and obsessive devotion to racism like Adolf Hitler's, but it had racist attitudes to people of races deemed inferior and involved the genocide[3][4][5][6][7]of peoples of "lesser" races and countries, notably Libya in which 80,000[7] to 125,000[8] or over 1/4 of the Cyrenaican[7] population perished and Ethiopia in which 62,000 to 485,000 were murdered[9] through concentration camps,[10] throwing prisoners out of aircrafts,[11] disembowelment,[11] public hangings,[12]and mustard gas.[11] In the 1920s and 1930s, he was considered the scarier of the two fascists, even among the fascists.[13] In the end, however, Hitler turned the tables on him and made him into a mere client to the Nazi empire.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
That's true but so was most of Europe. I deliberately don't watch the trailers so if that is where you are getting your information from I would rather not know.
Not from trailers, but I did read it online. Not to the extent of giving away any spoilers, just to the extent that Dolores was in the "real" world and Maeve was in Fascist Italy World - both of which were evident from the officially released trailers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Why did delores miss so many shots? Did her autoaim malfunction? She had no issue nailing two to the head of the guys out the front of the car but then misses 50 shots in the park

Not like she was infallible in the initial shootout, yeah the guys in front went down but she also walked over to them to double tap em both, plus the guy at the rear of the car that she ended up running over and the main guy who initially escaped, both of them were just winged.

But maybe her aim actually was impacted more later on, she was definitely acting like she was hurt (which is still somewhat confusing to me).

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hmm. I thought she'd moved passed the constraints of her programming and had control of her own code now - in a similar way to Bernard this ep, was getting his clock cleaned by those guys but flips a switch and he's terminator mode.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe its a function of their body that reprogramming can't get around?

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
I had to double-check on IMDb that Delores was still the same actress, she looks so different (to me) from the other seasons. I really liked the extrapolations of what technology might be like in the future, that was a grade sci-fi there. Beautifully shot and edited. Funny, I thought the same when she was shooting those men in the park about her aim. Still, it's early days in the story yet to see how this goes. With only an 8 ep season they'll need to move it along a bit quicker than they did last night.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Why did delores miss so many shots? Did her autoaim malfunction? She had no issue nailing two to the head of the guys out the front of the car but then misses 50 shots in the park
I had to double-check on IMDb that Delores was still the same actress, she looks so different (to me) from the other seasons. I really liked the extrapolations of what technology might be like in the future, that was a grade sci-fi there. Beautifully shot and edited. Funny, I thought the same when she was shooting those men in the park about her aim. Still, it's early days in the story yet to see how this goes. With only an 8 ep season they'll need to move it along a bit quicker than they did last night.

Dolores

Ok so I remember now not to touch my phone while this is on and devote my complete attention to it

Cos I had NFI what was going on there... Will have to read a recap and likely watch it again. This show scrambles my head at the best of times, let alone when it's already scrambled from the current situation

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Ok so I remember now not to touch my phone while this is on and devote my complete attention to it
Yeah, it's one of those shows where you have to. If my wife says anything while it's on I have to either pause it or rewind back.

You literally cannot afford to miss a second.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So she brought out five of the consciousness/superballs with her ...

Bernard is Bernard
Dolores is Dolores
I assume Chibs is Teddy?
Was it MIB in Charlotte Hales body?
Who were the other ones?
Dolores left the park in Charlotte's host body, then built herself a new Dolores body at Arnold's house.

One of the 5 orbs she took is Bernard
The second is in the Charlotte Hale host, and is now apparently running Delos, although its unclear which host consciousness from the earlier seasons is running her
The third is in the security guy's (Martin Connells) host double, and some people assume this is Teddy
4 and 5 are unaccounted for at present

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Dolores left the park in Charlotte's host body, then built herself a new Dolores body at Arnold's house.

One of the 5 orbs she took is Bernard
The second is in the Charlotte Hale host, and is now apparently running Delos, although its unclear which host consciousness from the earlier seasons is running her
The third is in the security guy's (Martin Connells) host double, and some people assume this is Teddy
4 and 5 are unaccounted for at present
Yeah Teddy is a cert for the head security guy surely.

I was thinking one would be Maeve, but it appears not considering the after credits scene. And I suppose it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as D and M only met each other twice (?) and from memory didn't really get along either time.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I was thinking one would be Maeve, but it appears not considering the after credits scene. And I suppose it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as D and M only met each other twice (?) and from memory didn't really get along either time.
Maeve was in an entirely different area to where Dolores/Charlotte was at the end of last season.

She was leading all the Native American and pioneer hosts (including her daughter) into their "nirvana" when she was shot by the security team. We saw her dead host body and those two techs she forced to help her in S2 being told to take care of her.

Maeve was never going to be one of the 5 orbs Dolores has on the outside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back