Keeper Lg. 2020 List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And i never got fleeced IMO. I gave everyone 12 months and shopped all those blokes around. Everyone bar Drew23 gave me rubbish offers of crap 2nd round and beyond picks and crap young players that arent even on AFL lists anymore. I at least got an extra 1st rounder and sheed who got me all these early picks this season for blokes that also are not on an afl list anymore or if they are barely relevant. Sometimes you have to read into whats being offered and take the best of the lesser deals which i did. The players i gave away were good at the time but 30 plus. I would have been just as happy to delist them. So really what was it? Drews 1st and sheed for shuey.

In a nut shell i was over dealing with you guys and was happy to undersell to still get some good tools into my squad amd get it over with

All good Zim. Just pointing out there's plenty of examples of trades that other managers have taken issue with (yours and Drew's, for example, gained a fair bit of attention at the time). LWP said much the same about his trade with me.

I'm with Daysy_12 that we shouldn't be vetoing trades (short of UC exercising executive level power in extreme circumstances). And I agree with Drew23 that I don't think what deeman87 got for Cogs is the issue, Cogs is fantasy gold and he's worth two first rounders to the right team. It's up to American Doggies to decide if he's the right team.. if not, he can look to ontrade him and take the lesson if things don't pan out.

2. Should new coaches be allowed to trade straight away
This one I have less of an opinion on. I can see the value in letting a new coach settle in, understand their list, understand the league dynamics, scoring etc. Perhaps we could agree to some kind of 'cooling off' period for new coaches just to protect against fire sales or coaches taking advantage of someone new to the league.
For the benefit of the Dynasty League in the long run this has to be discussed further. Raids happen on new coaches to the detriment of the league, you didn't have to be Nostradamus to see why Deeman was publicly stating he wanted to wait for the new coach to join. I advocate they play at least 5 rounds before they can trade, just so they can get used to the format of a keeper league/stats/coaches.

For the benefit of the Dynasty League in the long run this has to be discussed further. Raids happen on new coaches to the detriment of the league, you didn't have to be Nostradamus to see why Deeman was publicly stating he wanted to wait for the new coach to join. I advocate they play at least 5 rounds before they can trade, just so they can get used to the format of a keeper league/stats/coaches.
Please stop insinuating that I was trying to rob someone, I was waiting for the new coaches because they had the higher picks that Cogs is worth. American Doggie still wanted to go through with the trade yesterday, the day before and the day before that. I was the one who told him to think it through more deeply and that you raised good points that he should listen to and wouldn't let him put it through without thinking about it for a couple of extra days. I never had any intention of robbing new coaches because they are inexperienced, I wanted to deal with them because they had the higher picks/assets thats hes worth. Cogs wouldve been a great addition to Tuttys old list. If I was trying to flat out rob AD i would've just put the deal through yday, I've had numerous opportunities to push the deal through and did the exact opposite so please stop dragging my name through the mud, just stop.​

Toss of a coin for me. Say someone took over your squad this season. Do we restrict them the chance to take cogs to a contending team and possibly miss out to someone else? We have to assume the coaches we get know what theyre doing.

You can't have a competitive league where you restrict coaches ability to trade or require other coaches permission. This is supposed to be a competition, 1 coach per team making decisions for their own team only. It's always going to be the case that someone does it better than someone else, that's the nature of competition and why would you want to restrict it. Its healthy and normal for a league to have coaches who are competent and coaches who aren't as competent. If you take that away you may as well not play and just fold the league now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think so, maybe make it interesting and have a lotto, with an entry ticket per 2019 game lost haha..

I don't like this idea as much.

Zim^zuM I'm sure we'd work something out. My suggestion would be a lotto per round in tiers of top 4 finishers from 2019 getting a pick somewhere bewteen 11 and 14. The bottom 6 finishers raffling picks 1-6 and then the middle 4 finishers from 2019 raffling picks 7-10. I think we'll get games this season though, just how many and how long is a good question.

I don't like this idea as much.

Zim^zuM I'm sure we'd work something out. My suggestion would be a lotto per round in tiers of top 4 finishers from 2019 getting a pick somewhere bewteen 11 and 14. The bottom 6 finishers raffling picks 1-6 and then the middle 4 finishers from 2019 raffling picks 7-10. I think we'll get games this season though, just how many and how long is a good question.
I think it has to be same as last year, don’t see why anybody playing finals deserves a crack at a top 3 pick at all. Wouldn’t happen if the season was played.

I think it has to be same as last year, don’t see why anybody playing finals deserves a crack at a top 3 pick at all. Wouldn’t happen if the season was played.

In the suggestion I made no one playing Finals would get a crack at a top 3 pick.

The teams that finish outside of Finals in 2019 would raffle picks 1-6 between them. Then the bottom 4 of the Finals series in 2019 would raffle picks 7-10 between them. And the top 4 of the Finals series would raffle picks 11-14 between them.

Just noticed on UF Bailey Williams (West Coast) is still listed as B only? Wasn’t this noted as an error as there was confusion with the Dogs Williams? Not that it really matters but Reilly O’Brien is currently my only available Ruck this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back