News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I'll just dismiss your post as baseless politically motivated bullshit thanks. :thumbsu:

Nothing personal, you're far from the only one around here who does it.:thumbsu:
So you are happy to base your argument of clearly false assumptions? Come on Snake, surely you are better than that?

These are the acts of someone pushing theor own agenda.

So you are happy to base your argument of clearly false assumptions? Come on Snake, surely you are better than that?

These are the acts of someone pushing theor own agenda.

Yeah, I get that you want to derail/censor the idea, and there's others who will be along to chop you out, as is their way, but the rational must be asking themselves serious questions about this when it is compared with how it played out for other clubs.

Now, if you have nothing solid by way of contrary input to add, then take your alt account and jog along before I euthanize it. :thumbsu:

Its a serious question and you are deflecting.

You are pushing that pokies are/were the answer. You produce other clubs revenue figures as irrefutable proof. You do not provide any reference to the debt we would have incurred if we chose to get back into pokies. You do not provide any evidence of other clubs operating profit from their pokies, thus no context at all as to whether we could service the debt accrued let alone pay it down.

Then you have the gall to say that i am pushing an agenda? Christ almighty. Does your lack of self awareness know no bounds? Back up your claims with useful data.

Yeah, I get that you want to derail/censor the idea, and there's others who will be along to chop you out, as is their way, but the rational must be asking themselves serious questions about this when it is compared with how it played out for other clubs.

Now, if you have nothing solid by way of contrary input to add, then take your alt account and jog along before I euthanize it. :thumbsu:
In Victoria, the return to player percentage is legislated at 87% - http://www.onlinepokies.com/state-regulations.htm. Hence only 13% of the numbers shown in the graphs that Snake posted can be profit.

I imagine that there would be substantial state government revenue from poker machine income, and proportion of the business costs. Poker machines are still very lucrative, but less so than they used to be.

In Victoria, the return to player percentage is legislated at 87% - http://www.onlinepokies.com/state-regulations.htm. Hence only 13% of the numbers shown in the graphs that Snake posted can be profit.

I imagine that there would be substantial state government revenue from poker machine income, and proportion of the business costs. Poker machines are still very lucrative, but less so than they used to be.
I would also like Snake to point to operating costs associated with running pokie venues and interest rates to service the significant debt and its associated interest required to get into pokies. But apparently asking such questions is part of some woke, neo-feminist, pro-diversity agenda.

Cheers.

Utilising your model, the average return on poker machine revenue @ 13% = $1.25 million per yer.

Who needs that? Not us. :D

In the last 6 pages of garbage I noticed an account I didn't recognise which has been cancelled, some Richmond flogamite who forgot it took his club forty years and at least one spoon to be decent and nothing really of substance about Tasmania which gives me good or bad feelings. Good game.

Cheers.

Utilising your model, the average return on poker machine revenue @ 13% = $1.25 million per yer.

13% has to be returned to the punter. Then there’s the costs to lease/buy/service the machines, and the wages of people to run the supporting systems.

Personally, I think they are incredibly destructive to lives and communities (live music, anyone?), and I’m damned proud we don’t have them.

13% has to be returned to the punter. Then there’s the costs to lease/buy/service the machines, and the wages of people to run the supporting systems.

Personally, I think they are incredibly destructive to lives and communities (live music, anyone?), and I’m damned proud we don’t have them.

Bias noted and opinion excluded in this instance..

Cheers.

No. By the time you factor in state government taxes, the cost of the machines and their licences, staff costs, heating, lighting, rates, cleaning and other costs, it would be much closer to 5 than 10%. We're still talking about sizeable sums, but not so very large.
Cheers.

No, not 13%. There'd be the (one off) cost of the poker machines and their licences, and then there are state government taxes, wages, heating, lighting, maintenance, cleaning. The nett earnings would probably be closer to 5% than 10%. Still sizeable amounts of money for the larger operations, but not 13%.

No. By the time you factor in state government taxes, the cost of the machines and their licences, staff costs, heating, lighting, rates, cleaning and other costs, it would be much closer to 5 than 10%. We're still talking about sizeable sums, but not so very large.

No, not 13%. There'd be the (one off) cost of the poker machines and their licences, and then there are state government taxes, wages, heating, lighting, maintenance, cleaning. The nett earnings would probably be closer to 5% than 10%. Still sizeable amounts of money for the larger operations, but not 13%.

It's absurd to suggest they are going to the extent of doing this for 50 grand.

Data please.

It's absurd to suggest they are going to the extent of doing this for 50 grand.

Data please.
I ran a pub in country NSW for a few years, albeit a decade ago. I have experience of paying rates, electricity and award wages, and how much those wages increased after 7 pm. Scale can be significant, but I'm confident in my estimates, and you, of course, are free to believe whatever you want.

Feel free, however, to obtain some data yourself. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong, if you can produce some data to support your assertion.

I ran a pub in country NSW for a few years, albeit a decade ago. I have experience of paying rates, electricity and award wages, and how much those wages increased after 7 pm. Scale can be significant, but I'm confident in my estimates, and you, of course, are free to believe whatever you want.

Feel free, however, to obtain some data yourself. I'm happy to admit I'm wrong, if you can produce some data to support your assertion.

Significant variables assumed there mate.

You're a good poster lockheed, but I am not buying that they're doing this for end of season trip money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many gaming venues use the revenue to subsidise the other necessary components of their business too. Kitchens in clubs operate on very slim margins to facilitate the use of gaming machines and most large hospitality groups that currently have pokies know it's a matter of time until they have to lose that revenue driver and sell off their assets.

IF we had them through the 2010s we would have made a decent little bit of coin, but I'm not sure it's enough to not play games in tas (most pokie venues I know have many, many alternate revenue streams in the form of other types of business like IT, separate bottle shops, Telecom, and govt subsidised charity in their ownership umbrella). It is what it is, and it's far too late in the game now to put our hands into the gaming industry so we should be contented in the fact that we don't have to deal with losing that revenue stream in the future.

I daresay Tassie will be putting their plans for a team on the back burner for a little while yet

I daresay they won't have a choice whilst they continue to put up Disneyland proposals.

I daresay they won't have a choice whilst they continue to put up Disneyland proposals.

Easy on that one. If nothing else the AFL have shown they love underwriting a good hobby project and propping it up with umpteenth concessions.

NPoxTWxm.jpg

Easy on that one. If nothing else the AFL have shown they love underwriting a good hobby project and propping it up with umpteenth concessions.

NPoxTWxm.jpg

Yes..................but it will hurt them a lot more this year.

I can't see them tossing bucks around willy nilly for a while.

One thing's for certain, the businesses will be noticing the hit.

No matter. Once things are back to normal (fingers crossed) they won't need fly in clubs and supporters from the mainland, we've been told.

Their fully self-generated recovery and self-funded new team will be some sight to behold.

No matter. Once things are back to normal (fingers crossed) they won't need fly in clubs and supporters from the mainland, we've been told.

Their fully self-generated recovery and self-funded new team will be some sight to behold.

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Have you read their proposal paper?

It makes the average economist look like a good judge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back