FTA-TV The Front Bar (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure Andy Lee is going to add much.
I suspect he maybe was brought on to do some pre-recorded stuff with players etc (hence why he was at the bar tonight as a once off), but with Covid things have had to change...

Not a bad effort without a crowd.

Andy Lee is like Dave Hughes and/or Lehmo on the Footy Show. Big name comedian whose comedy doesn't suit the show they're on. It's amazing how under appreciated Trevor Marmalade was as the Footy Show comedian. You wouldn't go see a solo Trevor show, but there wasn't a better suited comedian to the show.

Andy Maher's fake laughing was very cringy tonight without the crowd there to drown it out.

spike101

All Australian
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not a bad effort without a crowd.

Andy Lee is like Dave Hughes and/or Lehmo on the Footy Show. Big name comedian whose comedy doesn't suit the show they're on. It's amazing how under appreciated Trevor Marmalade was as the Footy Show comedian. You wouldn't go see a solo Trevor show, but there wasn't a better suited comedian to the show.

Andy Maher's fake laughing was very cringy tonight without the crowd there to drown it out.
How does Maher get so many gigs, is it because it is cheaper for the stations to get him employed over the year than it is to get, for example three dimwits for 4 months each

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel all validated by Andy Maher telling us we're doing a good job.

lol he said that? a bit of positivity i guess. but if we're told that, it must be followed by "but we need to do better". Otherwise every simpleton will rush out

You got to give credit where it's due. They're doing a good job under the circumstances.

Compare it with a Footy Classified where they're talking about non issues as if they're significant.

It's the same as the US talk shows, if you watch them on segments on YouTube. They're just flat and weak without the audience.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
^ I agree. My guess is that they don't wanna hurt their 'brand' by having shows that fall relatively flat with no laughing audience. And having the retro guest (Crackers) out of the studio was a bit of a flop with the farked up timing and no laughing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back