State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
So we're supposedly getting Stoinis and Zampa over winter. Who are we shedding to accommodate Stoinis? Reasonably sure Zampa will be a CA contract. That List A side could be brutal:

Finch
Harper/Short/Gotch (+ Handscomb to keep if Short, who moves to 6. Gotch also 6)
Stoinis
Maddinson
Handscomb
Maxwell
Sutherland
Pattinson
Zampa
Siddle/Holland
Coleman

Whereas the FC side could be:

Harris
Maddinson
Pucovski?
Handscomb (c)
2x Finch/Maxwell/Short/JFM/Stoinis
Gotch/Harper (+)
Sutherland
Pattinson
Siddle
Parker/Holland

Short should probably move to SA.

The List A competition will probably run in competition with the T20 WC so our side won’t be that strong.

"The jostling to become Victoria's new cricket coach has intensified, with half a dozen of the state's finest former players emerging as candidates to take charge next season.

Brad Hodge, Cameron White and Michael Klinger have expressed interest in the top role, while sources say Jamie Siddons and David Saker are among those also linked to the position that was vacated by Andrew McDonald in October.

Trevor Bayliss, the former NSW and England coach, is another with excellent credentials who is also in the running, while The Age can reveal former Test opener Chris Rogers, who is off-contract in his role as a high-performance coach with Cricket Australia, has interest.

The Vics also have player contracts to consider. Veteran quick Peter Siddle is off-contract and sources say has attracted interest from rival states, while fast bowler Chris Tremain, dropped from the shield side late in the season, may seek opportunities elsewhere. "

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda

"The jostling to become Victoria's new cricket coach has intensified, with half a dozen of the state's finest former players emerging as candidates to take charge next season.

Brad Hodge, Cameron White and Michael Klinger have expressed interest in the top role, while sources say Jamie Siddons and David Saker are among those also linked to the position that was vacated by Andrew McDonald in October.

Trevor Bayliss, the former NSW and England coach, is another with excellent credentials who is also in the running, while The Age can reveal former Test opener Chris Rogers, who is off-contract in his role as a high-performance coach with Cricket Australia, has interest.

The Vics also have player contracts to consider. Veteran quick Peter Siddle is off-contract and sources say has attracted interest from rival states, while fast bowler Chris Tremain, dropped from the shield side late in the season, may seek opportunities elsewhere. "

You wouldn’t think they’d be looking at Siddons. Saker is an interesting one. Has bounced around jobs a fair bit

I’d be annoyed if he left after being dropped once
I don't think he'd be leaving on the back of getting dropped once, I think he'd leave because he got a bigger contract elsewhere. We may have a few big money inclusions and he could be getting a small paycut because of it.

Something about Bayliss that I can’t take to. He’s obviously the most credentialed and experienced but I just don’t think he’s the man for the job
I mean it like if Mourinho was to manage in the a-league maybe a campaigner but he would be our campaigner

Award suddenly meaningless.
Shared with a Hopeless plodder
Oh come on. The guy's scored over 5000 FC runs at a solid average and has over 100 FC wickets at a solid average. He's not a superstar but if he were Victorian you'd be singing a completely different tune.

Oh come on. The guy's scored over 5000 FC runs at a solid average and has over 100 FC wickets at a solid average. He's not a superstar but if he were Victorian you'd be singing a completely different tune.
Poor man’s Watson.

Poor man’s Watson.
Yes, and? Watson had his faults but he averaged mid 30's with bat and ball in test cricket and is one of the best white ball cricketers of the 21st century.

Yes, and? Watson had his faults but he averaged mid 30's with bat and ball in test cricket and is one of the best white ball cricketers of the 21st century.
Okay poor Man’s Mitch Marsh.
Poor man’s Andrew McDonald.

Truly cannot stand the campaigner.
Worries me you like him, just like those SOK sycophants

Okay poor Man’s Mitch Marsh.
Poor man’s Andrew McDonald.

Truly cannot stand the campaigner.
Worries me you like him, just like those SOK sycophants
Yeah, McDonald was a better FC player. Mitch Marsh is a better white ball player.

What worries me is your hatred of him and SO'K. I'm not calling either a superstar but they're good FC players, the equivalent of a Jake Kolodjashnij or Jack Henry in football terms.

Yeah, McDonald was a better FC player. Mitch Marsh is a better white ball player.

What worries me is your hatred of him and SO'K. I'm not calling either a superstar but they're good FC players, the equivalent of a Jake Kolodjashnij or Jack Henry in football terms.
Highly insulting. Neither of those boys are plodders like ‘nudies’ O’Keefe or Moises.

Back