The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 21 and beyond Thread - July 31st restart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinwiddie may be onto something

So the Hawks would make the playoffs, hah!

Unfortunately the top tier NBA players are worth basically a billion dollars each to the league. There is absolutely no chance the NBA will want them exposed to any risk.

The CDC in America is now advising no mass gatherings in the USA for at least 8 weeks.

This should affect no potential title contender in the League, unless their sellout franchise player and only hope is close to 40 years old :)

Feeling Jim Dandy as a Celtics fan XD

We really should be thanking Golbert for his corona actions. If it wasnt for him, the nba wouldn't be shut down and the world react in such a positive manner
Like queuing around the block to buy guns positive?

Well, it has happened.

I've been feeling off for a couple of days. At first I told myself it was nothing, that the aches and pains were nothing serious and that I'd get over it. But when I started to suffer from shortness of breath, brief dizzy spells and night sweats, I knew it was time to bite the bullet and finally get tested.

Well friends, the results are in and I'm afraid it's official: doctors have told me I'm suffering from acute hoops withdrawal symptoms.

Rather than self-isolate and feel sorry for myself, I've decided to take a page from the book of Gobert and share my plight with everybody. This is the diary of recovering hoops junkie.

DAY 1

The day got off to a rough start. I woke up with a jolt in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, dribble rolling down my chin... I had to tell myself that it was just a nightmare, and there's no way that Zion would suffer a knee injury in his first pre-season game. At least I think it was a nightmare...

Falling back into an uneasy sleep, the alarm clock roused me from yet another troubled dream. I think I dreamed that Jahlil Okafor was anchoring the Pelicans' defence for a few months. Perhaps I should stop watching horror movies before bed, or New Orleans 2019/20 season highlights at the very least. At least I didn't drool this time, thereby avoiding a dreaded double-dribbling offence. I can already tell that the road to recovery is going to be long and arduous.

Later that day, I decided to pop down to the shops for some bits and pieces. I couldn't believe my eyes; the store had been stripped half bare! I realise that these are troubled times, but was it really necessary for folks to panic buy like that? What are the rest of us supposed to do for food and essentials?

Speaking to a cashier who is not really a cashier any more since supermarkets decided it was far cheaper to have us bag our own groceries... but I digress... anyway this fella told me that he thought he saw Santoz and Primetime Pricey buying everything in view that morning. Perhaps they'd just had a really, really good day at the track, but was it absolutely essential to buy all the full cream milk, 2% milk, skim milk AND powdered milk in the store? Especially when those items all essentially perform the same function, and at least some of the milk was well past its used-by date.

"Typical Knicks panic buying" I muttered, before i could check myself. That's when I realised that this bball addiction was worse than I cared to admit.

Speaking to a cashier who is not really a cashier any more since supermarkets decided it was far cheaper to have us bag our own groceries... but I digress... anyway this fella told me that he thought he saw Santoz and Primetime Pricey buying everything in view that morning. Perhaps they'd just had a really, really good day at the track, but was it absolutely essential to buy all the full cream milk, 2% milk, skim milk AND powdered milk in the store? Especially when those items all essentially perform the same function, and at least some of the milk was well past its used-by date.

"Typical Knicks panic buying" I muttered, before i could check myself. That's when I realised that this bball addiction was worse than I cared to admit.

I get the feeling that you're trying to suggest something with the above. Can't quite put my finger on it though. Will try to work it out over a glass of milk & Julius Randle highlights package in the morning ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol read (celtics fan) said wish cryrie gets it.

stay classy.

Just imagine if he got it though? He is as paranoid as they come, an anti-Vaxxer pro flat earther who has some pretty heavy issues upstairs.

I myself wish him no harm, just no success at the Nets whatsoever with his fellow drama queen Kevin Durant.

I know its probably silly to speculate, but does anyone think any players (or celebrities) will go to social media to fake announce they have the virus for public attention? Players most likely not given team doctors, but ex players and celebs may do.

And then release an app called the ... ball pantry with wholesome recipes claiming they cured the virus by eating?

I'm sure there are sadists already one step ahead.

For some reason he thinks Lebron will walk about from $100m+ and the chance of winning more titles and being the official GOAT. And even sharing the court with his son.

Yeah I was confused as well

For some reason he thinks Lebron will walk about from $100m+ and the chance of winning more titles and being the official GOAT. And even sharing the court with his son.

Yeah I was confused as well

Well let's be honest here, Lebron mainly came to LA to start making movies (like Spacejam 2) and get his foot into Hollywood, far more than chasing another ring..

As I said, it's a very remote chance of happening, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he decided to pull the pin if this CV19 postponement runs into 2021 (which I am very hopeful it won't)

Diary of a recovering hoops addict.

Day 3

Going from hoops to no hoops overnight is very trying. It's like that weekend where daylight savings ends and you lose an hour of precious sleep. All of a sudden the clock jumps forward and it's the off-season. And just like the dreaded daylight savings weekend, I'm a bit wobbly on my feet. First thing this morning nature called. Somehow I managed to do the hard work of arriving at my destination, only to blow the easy part and rim out. Lonzo would be proud.

Don't think about basketball. Don't think about basketball. I tried to repeat this mantra as I headed out today in search of treasure toilet paper. I hit seven separate supermarkets in the local area, all without luck, before finally locating some precious bog rolls at the eighth attempt. All this money, time and emotional energy spent on an item that I'm only liable to flush away soon anyway... hmmm, I think I know how the Sacramento Kings feel about their annual free agent signings now.

Watched a bit of the news this evening before turning in. It looks like travel bans are locking in right across the globe. The old me would ponder whether this ban extended to James Harden, but of course I've turned over a new leaf and would never think that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back