2020 AFLW Semi Final 1 vs NM (Sat 21-Mar 12.40pm @Princes Park) - so close, but not close enough NM 34 - Coll 32

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 AFLW SEMI FINAL 1 - North Melbourne vs COLLINGWOOD

DATE:
Saturday 21st March 2020

GATES OPEN: no public access
FIRST BOUNCE:
12.40pm
WHERE: Princes Park

SCORES: AFLW match centre

SOCIAL MEDIA: twitter (CFC women's), Instagram (CFC women's)

BROADCASTS:
TV: Seven, Foxtel

STREAM: womens.afl (AFLW match centre), AFLW App (android, apple)

RADIO: Nil

CLUB INFO:

TEAM:
Collingwood
B:
9. Alana Porter, 12. Stacey Livingstone
HB: 23. Lauren Butler, 22. Sophie Casey, 14. Aishling Sheridan
C: 7. Sarah Rowe, 25. Mikala Cann, 17. Steph Chiocci
HF: 24. Sophie Alexander, 4. Sarah D’Arcy, 3. Brianna Davey
F: 13. Jaimee Lambert, 2. Chloe Molloy
R: 1. Sharni Layton, 8. Brit Bonnici, 15. Erica Fowler
Int: 11. Eliza Hynes, 35. Maddie Shevlin, 6. Jordyn Allen, 21. Jordan Membrey, 50. Ebony O’Dea

Emergencies: Stratton, Dargan.

NO CHANGE

Last edited:
Really pleased to see our AFLW team playing finals. I think they've earned it and they've had a fantastic year. The game against the Dees the only real blip given we dominated Freo for much of the game and just couldn't put them away.

Disappointed we have to play probably the best side in 2020 1st up but it is what it is. Knock them off and things could very quickly swing our way as I think that we're as good if not better than the others.

Go Pies.

Last edited:

So l am guessing we won't have Sarah Rowe or Ashling Sheridan, as the irish girls from the other teams have to head home back to Ireland due to the Coronavirus epidemic in Europe, and closing of borders. If so, this will be so disappointing for the them and the club, as both have been fantastic this season....😔

So l am guessing we won't have Sarah Rowe or Ashling Sheridan, as the irish girls from the other teams have to head home back to Ireland due to the Coronavirus epidemic in Europe, and closing of borders. If so, this will be so disappointing for the them and the club, as both have been fantastic this season....😔

Gee, that'd be a blow on top of the injuries to Brazill, Layton, Scheicher, Grant and Gourlay. The Irish girls at the Demons apparently left yesterday but I hadn't seen anything about our girls.

Gee, that'd be a blow on top of the injuries to Brazill, Layton, Scheicher, Grant and Gourlay. The Irish girls at the Demons apparently left yesterday but I hadn't seen anything about our girls.

I believe their opting to stay and play. Sarah will try her chances when our season finihses, and Aishling is thinking of staying on further and maybe playing VFLW.

Slight amendment I imagine would be swapping the round two games of GWS/Melb and BL/Carl so that teams 1 and 2 in the same conference don’t likely meet in the prelims. Can’t see any issue with my proposed change to ensure maximum crossing of the draw?
Correct weight

Week 1 said:
Semi-finals, March 21-22
SATURDAY, MARCH 21

Semi-final 1

North Melbourne v Collingwood
Ikon Park
12.40pm

Semi-final 2
GWS Giants v Melbourne
Giants Stadium
2.40pm

Semi-final 4
Fremantle v Gold Coast
Fremantle Oval
1.40pm

Semi-final 3
Carlton v Brisbane Lions
Ikon Park
1.10pm
Week 2 said:
From there, the winners of semi-finals one (North Melbourne/Collingwood) and three (Carlton/Brisbane) will face off in a preliminary final, with the winners of semi-finals two (GWS/Melbourne) and four (Fremantle/Gold Coast) to do the same.

A bit unlucky if we end up with the lowest qualifying spot for finals given we would have gone in as heavy favourites against St Kilda/Geelong and could have moved up to 2nd
Had we beaten just Freo we would have been second and only a small amount of percentage behind Freo. Had we smashed them and we had more than enough footy/play to do, we would have been first.

Importantly Layton has been cleared to play.

Sharni Layton (finger) will be available for selection ahead of this Saturday’s semi-final clash against North Melbourne after sustaining a dislocated finger in round six.

The 31-year-old ruck woman underwent surgery on Monday and is recovering well.

Importantly Layton has been cleared to play.

She is amazing! Anyone else starting to think Sharni's the heart and soul of our girls team? She's vocal, confident and above all talented. Taken to footy like a duck to water. Who cares about her kicking style. She's a ripper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She is amazing! Anyone else starting to think Sharni's the heart and soul of our girls team? She's vocal, confident and above all talented. Taken to footy like a duck to water. Who cares about her kicking style. She's a ripper!

As far as I'm concerned (and hopefully many of us feel the same), as long as it's effective her kicking technique can be whatever it wants.

As far as I'm concerned (and hopefully many of us feel the same), as long as it's effective her kicking technique can be whatever it wants.

Yep this. It seems pretty uncoordinated but she seems to hit targets as frequently as most other AFLW players. Doesn't help that a lot of her kicks are rushed clearances from congestion.

For the second week running we've named the same 21

Collingwood
B:
9. Alana Porter, 12. Stacey Livingstone
HB: 23. Lauren Butler, 22. Sophie Casey, 14. Aishling Sheridan
C: 7. Sarah Rowe, 25. Mikala Cann, 17. Steph Chiocci
HF: 24. Sophie Alexander, 4. Sarah D’Arcy, 3. Brianna Davey
F: 13. Jaimee Lambert, 2. Chloe Molloy
R: 1. Sharni Layton, 8. Brit Bonnici, 15. Erica Fowler
Int: 11. Eliza Hynes, 35. Maddie Shevlin, 6. Jordyn Allen, 21. Jordan Membrey, 50. Ebony O’Dea

Emergencies: Stratton, Dargan.

Very Tough game vs North who Raided us when they came into the League

Agree with all that TD, and I still haven’t gotten over the loss of Jas Garner.

North should rightly be favourites, they are a great team. Our defence will be under huge pressure today, and I’m looking forward to seeing how Livingstone goes. She’s a hulking old fashioned defender, who won’t give ground easily.

Pressure, nerves, occasion? We don't look on. NM playing well, but we're making some damn silly mistakes especially kicking.

This might get Ugly Then.

Maybe playing a Better Side and lack of Finals Experince

Remove this Banner Ad

Back