Home games at Arden Street (2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Television. The logistics of getting C7 or Foxtel at Arden Street make it unlikely. They do it for the AFLW but they use half the number of camera's during the telecast.

Why not indeed. At least the Tassie games should be played there.

I wonder how many cherrypickers might magically appear in strategic places around the ground should that happen?

I am wondering if we can do something like that for the AFLW? I saw some richmond supporters sitting on cars at Punt road last weekend. Anyone know if Arden Street has an opportunity for such vantage points?

• Banned
It would be nice but you'd never get crowds to stay away.

10 security people, 4 cops and a removable link chain.

The logistics are not an issue mate.

Surely they’ll need to use less than half the number anyway to keep the numbers under the government requirement?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting point.

44 players + ~30 coaches, trainers & medical staff + 6 media dickheads + the media crew (10?), and then scoreboard staff and lighting is pushing it close.

What is the distancing requirements of the 100 people?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFLW side plays home games at Arden St but they obviously think logistically it's too hard to enforce the lockout there is my point

Again, I'm not seeing an issue mate.:p

I doubt that we and the hawks will play in Tassie in 2020. Can't see the Tassie underwriting the cost in the 2020 financial crisis given that their business case relies on Tourism.

Well I suspect that Snake's idea is based on the theory that it will give us a home ground advantage. We certainly lose some of that if those games we would normally play in Tassie don't go ahead there.
Not sure I agree. What home ground advantage do we have at Arden Street? How many AFL games have we won there?

Whereas in Hobart, no one has figured out how to win there more than we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back