Banter 27th November 2019, the day the Dow family celebrated knowing at least 1 of their sons would be playing for a successful club with great culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well guys here we are. The morning of the opening round of the AFL season. When I look at how recent this thread was put up and all that has happened in the world since then it is hard to believe. Unfortunately this season will not be the same. It is frustrating and disappointing but in life there are far more important things than footy.

I really enjoyed the banter and laughs in this thread and wanted to thank you guys for having us. I want to wish you all the very best for tonight's game and for the remainder of the season. May the best team win tonight with no injuries.

Hope to see you all in round one 2021 and that life as we all know it is back to normal.
Yeah I echo your thoughts here Tony. Not only is our way of life being threatened by COVID-19, we also now have to deal with the unwashed, uneducated, mouth breathing sacks of excrement that are now hoarding all the essentials.
Completely unwarranted as well, you know me mate, I deal with people day in, day out and I have never, ever seen this level of “herd behaviour” followed by doomsday prepping. The people that lose out here are the elderly and those with young families. Imagine if something catastrophic ACTUALLY happened here like, I dunno, war?!

The precious snowfkakes have had their cushy way of life threatened by the virus and now, now they are prepping for the apocalypse. I am constantly amazed at how uninformed, misguided, ignorant and selfish the human race is, and the worst of it is on show for everyone to see.
We’ve got bus loads of *redacted driving into rural communities, buying up all the essentials from the supermarket, and leaving nothing for the locals in their wake.

The pissant government needs to work with suppliers and sort out a system.
It could be as simple as, scanning I.D at supermarkets to make sure the shoppers only shop in their area? People will hate this and I say fu** them, act and behave like spoilt little campaigners, you’ll get treated like one.
Anyway, I believe I’ve said about enough.

I hope everyone and their families are safe during this time and the footy can bring about a bit of a distraction for everyone.
Thanks for having us Tigs, all the best for 2020.

✌🏻
Nicely put but before you go I've selected a song for ALL the Carlton supporters out there...

Good on you Tony Lynn 15 and Antonio BlueVein great spirit of fun.

The Blues are my favourite enemy so hopefully one day we'll be back flogging you in finals rather than just low key H&A games.

P.S. Stack is better than Walsh.

P.P.S. RCD shits on Stocker.

P.P.P.S. We wouldn't have taken Philp even in the rookie draft.

P.P.P.P.S. Rance > SOS.

😘

The Blues are my favourite enemy so hopefully one day we'll be back flogging you in finals rather than just low key H&A games.

P.P.P.P.S. Rance > SOS.

😘

Bolton is better than Hardwick.

Setterfield is better than Martyn.

Owies is better than Lambert.

Jeannie Pratt is hotter than Peggy O'Neill.

We are both exceptional blokes, if you have a few hours I can tell you a bit about myself. I’ll just have to drink all this bath water before I do, must never waste a drop!

Agreed, as long as Nick Duigan doesn’t come out of retirement you guys should be fine.
Yeah, yeah nah.
What they do in their spare time is up to them.
His name triggers me bad. Where’s the extra letters ffs?!
P.P.P.P.S. Rance > SOS.
8586BFB5-159D-433E-80F5-C137B44EC43A.gif

Good to hear the last of the Carlton players finally got their AFL surveys back in this morning...a couple will have to be redone as they were in crayon...

Good to hear the last of the Carlton players finally got their AFL surveys back in this morning...a couple will have to be redone as they were in crayon...

I heard the answer from one of the Richmond players to the question "sex" was rarely.

I heard the answer from one of the Richmond players to the question "sex" was rarely.
For Dan Rioli that might actually be true ! Lol.

For me personally, I always answer that one "Occassionally, if I'm in the mood"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion there is less and less chance as each minute passes that fans will be able to attend next week. That is if the game goes ahead at all. ******* crazy times.
We'll be lucky if we get let back in the grounds by the end of the season. In fact, the way it's going, I'd be surprised if there are crowds at the finals....hope I'm wrong but not looking good.

Yeah congratulations and well done on the win Tiges. Far too good on the night and I thought the end margin flattered the Blues. I did not see the last quarter as I had to pick my son up from work but the 3 quarters I saw showed you were a class above.

It was a very strange night to watch. Made me realise the AFL needs the fans just as much as the fans need the AFL. I for one found it hard to watch as it had no atmosphere. Perhaps I will get used to it but I sense I will not watch too many other games this season other than my teams.

Yeah congratulations and well done on the win Tiges. Far too good on the night and I thought the end margin flattered the Blues. I did not see the last quarter as I had to pick my son up from work but the 3 quarters I saw showed you were a class above.

It was a very strange night to watch. Made me realise the AFL needs the fans just as much as the fans need the AFL. I for one found it hard to watch as it had no atmosphere. Perhaps I will get used to it but I sense I will not watch too many other games this season other than my teams.
Yeah, it was an interesting spectacle to say the least Tony. It was good to have some footy back on to distract everyone from the troubles of the world, but it was like watching a TAC Cup match. No crowd, no cheering, almost post-apocalyptic.
Obviously I agree with the stance taken as it will hopefully minimise the spread of infection, but at what cost? I highly doubt there will be crowds at finals either.
The roar of the Carlton/Richmond faithful after a goal was certainly missed, and I’m tipping the crowd would’ve gotten pretty boisterous when Carlton came back/Richmond took their foot off the pedal.

I’m probably in the minority of Carlton fans that I’ve genuinely enjoyed watching Richmond play over the last few years. Spread from the contest, quick ball movement, running in waves, and HITTING A ******* TARGET all seem to make for pleasant viewing. They’ll be thereabouts at the pointy end of the season, if the season is played out at all.

Thanks for your hospitality Tiggies, you aren’t all epic flogs 👍🏻

Far better to corruptly plunder charities for a living, right? Or trade while insolvent, rack up tens of millions in debt then leave all creditors swinging in the wind. Or only escape being charged for operating a price fixing cartel because you're about to die.

Ah, Carlton 'Culture' and its wonderful contribution to Victoria and the nation.

No more buying premierships means you will never win another one. No matter how many years of first round draft picks you get, someone full of 'Carlton Culture' will be there making everyone on the list wish they were anywhere else.

What a delicious feast of terminal losers you are for us to eat alive twice a year, every year, for the rest of your days.
Banter or inescapable truth?

The latter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back