Teams 2020 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i've gone crisp to lloyd, anderson to cogs and petracca to brander with still 113k left. Should i do something like cogs to an uber premo?
Cogs offers good value.
the only other worry you have is Naismith.
if he get injured you will be stuffed. cant replace him with no money in the bank.
if you want to start him than i would hold the balance of your bank to go towards upgrading him if needed..at least til he makes enough coin that a sideways trade is possible.
back yourself in though. you're not the only one rolling with him.

Cogs offers good value.
the only other worry you have is Naismith.
if he get injured you will be stuffed. cant replace him with no money in the bank.
if you want to start him than i would hold the balance of your bank to go towards upgrading him if needed..at least til he makes enough coin that a sideways trade is possible.
back yourself in though. you're not the only one rolling with him.
i usually go set and forget with my fantasy rucks so am abit nervous about naismith, reckon jacobs would be a better option?

i usually go set and forget with my fantasy rucks so am abit nervous about naismith, reckon jacobs would be a better option?
Jacobs is an old fella with another old fella(Mumford) fighting for his spot.
can see them chop and changing through the year.
Naismith over Jacobs for me.
Jacobs also doesn't get much ball around the ground and relies on his hitouts for points.
shorter games mean less ball ups...something to think about.

Jacobs is an old fella with another old fella(Mumford) fighting for his spot.
can see them chop and changing through the year.
Naismith over Jacobs for me.
Jacobs also doesn't get much ball around the ground and relies on his hitouts for points.
shorter games mean less ball ups...something to think about.
Wow, didn't realise Mumford was re-signed. What a waste of a list spot at this stage tbh.

Is King really worth it? Scored bugger all in the JLT matches. Better forward rookie options IMO. Particularly with Rankine becoming an option in the near future.

He's going to be a slow burn like most of the rookies I think. But in a 17 round season, gotta at least have warm bodies I reckon!

both past their best but with the midfield at GWS they don't have to be AA ruckmen.
Agree to an extent, and not that it'd have made a difference, but he was smashed in that Grand Final. Think it went a long way in amplifying Richmond's momentum.

View attachment 843361

I don't know why I've made a late swap to Weller.

I have about 11K left, and would much rather Sicily, but don't know who else to change. Could go Oliver > Cogs?
I'd go Wingard > Brayshaw personally, unless you think Wingard is going to get more midfield time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_2020-03-20 My Team - The Herald Sun KFC SuperCoach.png d

Final draft (maybe..)
Resisted the urge to play too many midpriced players. Stayed with essentially a GNR approach which is probably wrong for this season.
Don't really know if there are enough games for cash generation and upgrades.
Still not sure of the augmented scoring created to accommodate the shorter games.
Burst players and pressure players seem to be favoured over accumulators of possessions but have to wait and see.
Comments/criticisms welcome.
Good luck to all and seeing as I can't yell it from the stands tonight - CAR'N THE PIES!!!

Last edited:
Don't like the team, goes against my usual guns and rookies starting teams of the past. Not much we could do though given the lack of back and mid rookies. Also hoping Williamson gets a game ASAP. o_O
SCteam.png

Final team
B: Daniel, Laird, Docherty, Roberton, Zerk-Thatcher, Starcevich (Brander, Williams)

M: Macrae, Fyfe, J.Kelly, Cripps, McCluggage, Cutler, Rowell, Pickett (McInerney, Budarick, Green)

R: Grundy, Gawn (Comben)

F: Martin, Rozee, Lynch, Georgiades, Bedford, Taylor (King, Cavarra)

Banking on Rozee and Clug taking another leap, Lynch playing more winners than shockers, and Roberton just being healthy.

1584692106508.png

Probably the least time I've spent on a team, but see what happens.
No idea how shorter games or season will affect things.

From scoring last night it seemed that the mid-range players will get topped up more than the big scorers.
So was tempted to drop both Grundy and Gawn, but decided with just one.
Naitanui would have been a lock, but Hickey ruined that.

Final team
B: Gull, Laird, Doc, Robbo, Noble, Zerky (Starevich, Brander)

M: Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Bont, Rowell, Green, Picky (Brown (E) LOOP, Mcininery, Buda)

R: Grundy (c) , Naismith (Conroy DUD)

F: Whitters, Walters, Lynch, Smithy, King, Taylor (Cavarra (E) LOOP, Sturt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back