Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They can go out and get Bruce & Keath, but that matters * all if you don't tweak your game plan.

The dogs still have too many midfielders grabbing high numbers of ineffectual stats.

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
BontemBrownlow: 12 disposals (3 turnovers) and 2 clearances.
JJ also had stuff all metres gained. Both him and Bont usually tear us apart. Did you notice anything different between pies ruckman tapping it and dogs mids not being able to shark the tap? We know dogs have often had a feast on our tap work and work it outside so easily.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If it was north playing like Carlton for the season opener there would be genuine calls to strip the game off us.

JJ also had stuff all metres gained.

BontemBrownlow: 130 metres
Johannisen: 183 metres.

That right there is the key to neutralizing the bulldogs. No centre drive and no rebound.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The bulldogs top 4 possession players (Smith, MacRae, Hunter, Daniel) accumulated a combined 911 metres from 87 disposals @ 10.5 metres per disposal.

They are ineffective footballers.

The bulldogs top 4 possession players (Smith, MacRae, Hunter, Daniel) accumulated a combined 911 metres from 87 disposals @ 10.5 metres per disposal.

They are ineffective footballers.

Harsh on Smith. Will be a very good player.

Agree that Macrae is ineffective despite always big numbers, Daniel seems to have dropped off and Hunter is just a crap footballer.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Harsh on Smith. Will be a very good player.

Agree that Macrae is ineffective despite always big numbers, Daniel seems to have dropped off and Hunter is just a crap footballer.

Tonight's Bulldog tally of 22 x inside 50's, was the 4th worst result in recorded history.

1584705969451.png

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
That was super sharp from the Pies for a R1 game - only goal kicking let them down. Great ad for swarming pressure but their skills were also really good.

Now I've watched my second team against one I really don't like, and still found it hard to engage, I don't think the lack of crowd noise is what's missing. (And 7's work to bring us fan input reminds me how annoying people are as individuals, it doesn't in any way deliver the energy of a crowd.) I realised what's missing for me is the sense that it matters either way. Maybe it's perspective when life is back to the basics of health and having enough food, or maybe it's because the shadow of the season being suspended makes me thnk W/L isn't going to mean anything. I don't hate it - sport is about my favourite entertainment - but it is like a rolling exhibition series where the results don't matter. I'm looking forward to seeing the team and so glad for Majak, but I care more about today's women's match because I know it's for something.

That was super sharp from the Pies for a R1 game - only goal kicking let them down. Great ad for swarming pressure but their skills were also really good.

Now I've watched my second team against one I really don't like, and still found it hard to engage, I don't think the lack of crowd noise is what's missing. (And 7's work to bring us fan input reminds me how annoying people are as individuals, it doesn't in any way deliver the energy of a crowd.) I realised what's missing for me is the sense that it matters either way. Maybe it's perspective when life is back to the basics of health and having enough food, or maybe it's because the shadow of the season being suspended makes me thnk W/L isn't going to mean anything. I don't hate it - sport is about my favourite entertainment - but it is like a rolling exhibition series where the results don't matter. I'm looking forward to seeing the team and so glad for Majak, but I care more about today's women's match because I know it's for something.

I'll admit I don't follow the girls footy, but North v Collingwood in a final, I'll be watching today (kids leaving me alone permitting).

I'm also finding it hard to get exited about this season, and have only taken a parting interest in the first two games, but I've got a feeling that once the ball is bounced tomorrow, I'll still be nervous as usual and getting annoyed with the umpiring and complaining about our mistakes and hopefully rapt to have a win at the end of it.

I really don't follow footy anymore, it's only my love of North that keeps me interested, but it's been like that for a few years now.

Geez I hope we belt St. Kilda tomorrow!

I'll admit I don't follow the girls footy, but North v Collingwood in a final, I'll be watching today (kids leaving me alone permitting).

I'm also finding it hard to get exited about this season, and have only taken a parting interest in the first two games, but I've got a feeling that once the ball is bounced tomorrow, I'll still be nervous as usual and getting annoyed with the umpiring and complaining about our mistakes and hopefully rapt to have a win at the end of it.

I really don't follow footy anymore, it's only my love of North that keeps me interested, but it's been like that for a few years now.

Geez I hope we belt St. Kilda tomorrow!

You'll get to see one of the purest football talents to pull on a North jumper in Jassy Garner in rare form.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Definitely one of the worst performances I've seen from the dogs, they had zero answers.
They've been smacked in their last 2 games by genuine top 4 teams. Makes me think the preseason hype on them was a little premature.

Their reality might be scrambling for 7th or 8th with a whole bunch of other teams.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
BontemBrownlow: 130 metres
Johannisen: 183 metres.

That right there is the key to neutralizing the bulldogs. No centre drive and no rebound.
Righto I went back and watched Q1 stoppages and throw ins in the marsh game dogs v us and then last night v pies. Not overly scientific but from what I saw pies basically played as if there was no opposition ruck. Because he towelled English everything the pies did was like a training drill; the space the opened for each other worked perfectly because the tap was always coming. I haven’t gone back to double check but I didn’t notice us doing as many plays where we would block to create space to receive the tap against the dogs.
Another thing I noticed was that when dogs won the ball v us we would sometimes have a second man come and assist in the tackle but pies didn’t look to do this. Dogs seemed to set up once or twice v pies very outside and forward of the ball which made them look slow when they didn’t win the ball inside. I’ll need better camera angles to see more of what’s the difference was too, the broadcast might as well be through a pin hole sometimes.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Righto I went back and watched Q1 stoppages and throw ins in the marsh game dogs v us and then last night v pies. Not overly scientific but from what I saw pies basically played as if there was no opposition ruck. Because he towelled English everything the pies did was like a training drill; the space the opened for each other worked perfectly because the tap was always coming. I haven’t gone back to double check but I didn’t notice us doing as many plays where we would block to create space to receive the tap against the dogs.
Another thing I noticed was that when dogs won the ball v us we would sometimes have a second man come and assist in the tackle but pies didn’t look to do this. Dogs seemed to set up once or twice v pies very outside and forward of the ball which made them look slow when they didn’t win the ball inside. I’ll need better camera angles to see more of what’s the difference was too, the broadcast might as well be through a pin hole sometimes.
Again Footscray getting carried away with themselves. English could end up being a fine ruckman but he was talked up as being in the Grundy/Gawn/Goldstein conversation. He's nowhere near that yet. He'll get smashed by the big boys and it will cost them.

Same with Naughton. Good young talent but he's cannon fodder for the Tarrants of the game at this point.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back