Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you just doubled down on the whole totalitarian Kool-aid thing didn't you?

But yes, whilst I may be far, FAR from the level of Doctors and Epidemiologists (repeat, I am nowhere NEAR their level), I'd say my tertiary degrees in Medical Science and Public Health combined with regularly conversing with the actual experts in the field in my line of work make me a fraction more qualified to have an opinion on the subject on an AFL forum than some bloke who takes his polictial philosophy from "Starship Troopers".

We are in trouble if they’re handing out medical science degrees to fanatical alarmists.

Go eat a BOD.
Read the article carefully. It’s a rule to measure amounts of people inside the room. Then inside that room they should be 1 or 1.5m apart. Basically so 25 people in a room don’t just sit next to each other making the rule obsolete. It’s not 4m apart.

Your facts are baloney because it includes cases from the rest of the world, including anomalies such as Italy.

And you keep bringing up worldwide statistics while we are talking about the past trend of Australia to now.

The fact that we even have no lockdown, and showing THESE numbers, is incredible and an even further testament to our progression being a good one.

Also, ACTIVE CASES aside (and everyone knows MILD ones will heighten and are expected) - you mentioned 10,000 deaths by Anzac Day. And I WILL check on you - not only for how irrational you are, but also to check on your mental health.

Like I said, expect me.

So cases brought into the country that can potentially spread in the community are irrelevant? * me.

That 80% figure you are spreading is complete misinformation horse s**t. It's 80% of the KNOWN cases are brought in from overseas, i.e cases that have been able to be traced. This statistic was dropped 3 DAYS AGO in which time we've almost doubled our infection.

The government doesn't know where well over half of the cases have come from!

1584754740117.png

0.5% requiring ICU doesn't line up with a 0.7% mortality rate, or are you expecting people to just drop dead without care like is happening in Italy?

Oh my god. You cannot be serious. Do you have any knowledge in regards to data?

There is a difference between active cases and closed cases. You claiming the 0.7% mortality rate (of closed cases, in relation to the overall case numbers) is not proportionate to the % of critical ACTIVE cases (which don't always result in deaths) shows how OUT OF THE LOOP you are.

You have no business talking about statistics or projecting them.

This might sound stupid but what constitutes a closed case? If someone tests positive but has very mild symptoms when are they considered closed and how is that added to the tally? Does everyone who tests positive have to be tested again after 14 days? Surely that will exhaust the tests for new cases. I’m serious, I actually have no idea and haven’t seen anything written about it.

We are low 20s as an average which is tracking at acceptable rates when you consider 80% of cases are imported.. The next 2-3 weeks is key.

80% of the cases are not imported!

80% of the known cases are imported!

Only 50% of the current cases have been traced.

Haha, you expect the mortality rate of this disease to suddenly buck the trend with the rest of the world and drop even LOWER than 0.7%?

These are the facts:

20/3/20 - +167 = +23.52%
19/3/20 - +142 = +25.00%
18/3/20 - +116 = +25.83%
17/3/20 - +77 = +20.37%
16/3/20 - +77 = +25.75%
15/3/20 - +49 = +19.60%
14/3/20 - +42 = +20.10%

That's an average of +22.88% at the moment.

We don't have a social lockdown.
We don't have stringent social rules as demonstrated with most of society flaunting them.

You can check back with me next Saturday when we have 4,500 confirmed cases.

Which means around 1,450,000 by Anzac Day.

What are these figures?

So cases brought into the country that can potentially spread in the community are irrelevant? fu** me.

That 80% figure you are spreading is complete misinformation horse s**t. It's 80% of the KNOWN cases are brought in from overseas, i.e cases that have been able to be traced. This statistic was dropped 3 DAYS AGO in which time we've almost doubled our infection.

The government doesn't know where well over half of the cases have come from!

View attachment 843957

You have replied to the wrong person with this post. At no time have you and me discussed importation of numbers or the subject of borders.

Your desire to continue to spread mass hysteria (which is encouraging hoarding for idiot masses) is so much in overdrive that you've lost track of who you're even replying to.

egrt4.jpg

I'm sure the Italians think it's hysteria too.

That doesn't look like a health crisis, much less a economic collapse...it's more like a war scene. This thing started in China, didn't it?

Magic.

Trump 2020. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have replied to the wrong person with this post. At no time have you and me discussed importation of numbers or the subject of borders.

Your desire to continue to spread mass hysteria (which is encouraging hoarder for idiot masses) is so much in overdrive that you've lost track of who you're even replying to.

No I haven't.

"Your facts are baloney because it includes cases from the rest of the world, including anomalies such as Italy. "

My average rate of infecion is for Australia only. If you want to exclude cases brought in from overseas, fine, but the government has absolutely no idea what number that is at this point, hence them not releasing data in 4 days.

COVID-19 is several degrees worse than any common strain of the flu. I'd be surprised if we see 4 consecutive rounds of AFL this year.

a healthy immune system can resist the flu. I was run down in June last year and ended up with influenza which developed to pneumonia. I couldn't breathe at many times, and it was the the most frightening period of my life. It took me 6 weeks to recover, and I'm not over 50. The flu can be serious.

the major problem with a novel coronavirus is that none of us have immunity to it. once you've inhaled droplets or transferred contact of the SARS coronavirus-2 to your nose, mouth or eyes, you will develop COVID-19. it is overwhelming health systems because of this.

Last edited:
True to form, as per all nut jobs you use global data that entails highly dense populations, poorer health systems, higher percentage of smokers, older populations and slower moving governments.

The only data we should be measuring is our own, that is relevant to our geographical and social relevance.

don’t we have enough cases to now refrain from global numbers? We now have enough of a case to understand our own unique landscape for how the virus spreads and effects our country?
And I am certainly not some nut job.
I will approach this another way. What is the current proven mortality rate for those cases over 80 in NSW currently diagnosed with COVID-19?
Once you calculate that, try to figure out why we are actively trying to keep it away from people in aged care homes and from people aged over 80 in general.
Not alarmist at all. Realistically concerned about how many of my patients may die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back