AFLW Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know we play next week? Or who we are likely to play?

Just saw the girls came back from nearly three goals down at 3/4 time,a relatively huge margin in women's footy, God bless them. Great win. If only our men's side could be this clutch. ♥️👍

Just saw the girls came back from nearly three goals down at 3/4 time,a relatively huge margin in women's footy, God bless them. Great win. If only our men's side could be this clutch. ♥👍
They discovered the secret of football , if you kick more goals than the other mob you tend to win games .

Ground breaking stuff.😂
Lets be honest , the tackling is crude , the skills are mostly crap , the ability to collect the ball are ordinary . but i cannot fault the girls intent . I also am not going to judge the girls based on the men's game . They can't kick 50 m ,big deal . These girls are so proud playing for the MFC , that's good enough for me , and this is not having a go at you either .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be honest , the tackling is crude , the skills are mostly crap , the ability to collect the ball are ordinary . but i cannot fault the girls intent . I also am not going to judge the girls based on the men's game . They can't kick 50 m ,big deal . These girls are so proud playing for the MFC , that's good enough for me , and this is not having a go at you either .

I'd be lying if I said I'd get as much joy watching them win as I do the men or take a keen interest in the women's league. But that doesn't mean i still don't consider them part of the club, they are similar Casey to me, happy to see them do well. 👍

Agreed, and moments like today really are great for the club. The joy they all showed after Mithen got the goal was so wholesome and uplifting.
3 goals in 5 odd minutes is tough at any level, especially in a grinding game like today.

One thing I noticed watching our women is the lack of overlap run when we mark it around the 50 arc, everyone just stops like that is it now have a set shot.

We will have this monumental effort to secure a mark around 45 out, if the small forwards kept pushing after that mark there is so much space from the square to the pockets.

In short the really athletic women are missing the opportunities to get in space closer to goal and the women with the ball need better vision and quicker execution to hand it off.

The exception to this should be Perkins, her range and accuracy from range is great.

Given the way the "football experts on tv " have been talking this morning , don't think the girls will continue playing. Typical, we finally make the finals and its increasingly looking like the AFLW and the AFL may not make it to next week .

Perkins is a genuinely good footballer. Won't win a time trial but has a smart footy brain and good skills. Uses her body very well too.
She does a lot of team stuff too - pushing back to guard the mark and free another player to fold back, taking the ruck in the F50, shepherding (know what that is?), and crucially - slotting goals from a good distance.

I hope she stays.

She does a lot of team stuff too - pushing back to guard the mark and free another player to fold back, taking the ruck in the F50, shepherding (know what that is?), and crucially - slotting goals from a good distance.

I hope she stays.
Yep ... Perkins -----------> Cunningham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back