Autopsy Round 1 2020: 3 point win vs Adelaide @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

We dominated the 2nd and 3rd Quarters. And i thought we were still the better team in the first quarter, just made a few errors and defence wasn’t on song.

We resisted the inevitable hard stuff of the first 6 minutes of the last. And then tired towards the end. We did go far too defensive in that last quarter.

All in all, positives far outweigh the negatives.

We look great when we attack and honour our lead up targets.

Naismith, Heeney and Florent all stood out to me.

1-0

heat map shows us in the middle and more attacking

naismith, keep that up every week against the best and stay on the park and yep that will be great

florent was in beast mode especislly in the second

liked the new guys

heeney elite forward like potentially one of the best in the comp level

thought everyone played a role at some point,

negatives

not really any, i tipped crows for the spoon but i mean had a bad feeling theyd beat us today so cant complain yeah should have won by more, but suspect we wont be much better than them over the year so any wins are great

great win under extreme circumstances, thats a proud day for that group well done lads

So good!!!

Yes average opposition but it was the way we played that was pleasing. Not a fan of Heeney back but I don't think we were too defensive in the last. We were just flat out knackered.

Heeney and Florent were brilliant, JPK & Parker got better as the game went on.

McCartin flying for everything was great, Paps and Hayward looked dangerous every time they went near it.

Our trio of teens in Blakey, Rowbottom and McInerney all had some good moments. Will only get better.

Naismith was good but as expected could not magically make our midfield work well together. Looked best in Q2 when Florent was most involved.

Soooo much upside in the performances of guys like Mills, Aliir, Rampe, Dawson, Cunningham etc.

Enjoying this while I can before a fork is stuck in it!

Florent and Parker were insanely good when it was there to be won. That dominance was the difference in the end.

Hope Naismith keeps it going. Haven't a dedicated tap ruckman makes a huge difference. Now to get him more involved around the ground.

Aliir went off with a shoulder injury at the end. Had a shocker but is so important to us. Especially as a relief ruckman.

Mcinerney looks the goods once he gets a few games under his belt. Has some great attributes. Looks tough as well.

Sam Gray looks like a terrier in the mcglynn mode. Hope it continues.

I love Ronke and even though he isn't hitting the scoreboard anymore, those pressure acts and repeat efforts are exactly the reason why he is still in our best 22.

Naismith, Heeney, Florent were massive.

I thought Parker was terrific, Kennedy kicking inside 50 looks to be better he hit a few targets.

Good response by the defence who were in disarray in the first quarter.

Aye the defence did well and was well organised. Midfield did well.

Agree about Naismith, Heeney and Ollie.

If we'd lost on a hack soccer and a 60 metre Walker bomb I'd have been upset.

Naismith improved the midfield, which is weird because he isn't an elite ruckman and all.

McInerney went in and out of the contest but did some nice things.

Brand was good when the Crows were panic bombing the ball in but wasn't effective when they were a bit more methodical. Edit: I should say I liked his work though.

Liked it over all, another year into the legs, fewer turnovers on fast breaks, good connections between the players considering the team and that it was round one.

I don't see us troubling finals with the team from today, but there will definitely be improvement from last year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Naismith shut me up this week , if he adds to around the ground game he could be massive

Think gray will be our best recruit of the last few years

We transitioned the ball at times and look so much better hitting up the leads going forward

Forward half we had pressure

Cor isn’t up to it

Harry was garbage

Florent was very good , still his kicking at times is shocking

Thought brand played the lock down role well

Parker was bloody good

If we'd lost on a hack soccer and a 60 metre Walker bomb I'd have been upset.

Naismith improved the midfield, which is weird because he isn't an elite ruckman and all.

McInerney went in and out of the contest but did some nice things.

Brand was good when the Crows were panic bombing the ball in but wasn't effective when they were a bit more methodical.

Liked it over all, another year into the legs, fewer turnovers on fast breaks, good connections between the players considering the team and that it was round one.

I don't see us troubling finals with the team from today, but there will definitely be improvement from last year.

I penciled in the Walker kick before it left his boot as he usually does this s**t to us so glad he missed.

Keep him there when Reid and Buddy are back though?

He gives us a completely different option to the both of them.

I think he keeps his spot up forward (in fact I am reluctant to change our forward structure much at all after today).

Thought Naismith shut me up this week , if he adds to around the ground game he could be massive

Think gray will be our best recruit of the last few years

We transitioned the ball at times and look so much better hitting up the leads going forward

Forward half we had pressure

Cor isn’t up to it

Harry was garbage

Florent was very good , still his kicking at times is shocking

Thought brand played the lock down role well

Parker was bloody good
I might not always agree with you but you always admit when you’re wrong. Great post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back