Autopsy West Coast Eagles v Melbourne Demons AFL Rd 1 2020 - Sunday March 22 6:40pm AEDT (Optus Stadium) TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Eagles v Demons winner?

• Eagles by a lot

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Eagles by a small margin

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Demons by a small margin

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
it would be good to see WCE legends Daniel Kerr and Ben Cousins at the game today, just outside the gates. Together they enshrine everything that is good and wholesome about this franchise.

it would be good to see WCE legends Daniel Kerr and Ben Cousins at the game today, just outside the gates. Together they enshrine everything that is good and wholesome about this franchise.
Wow you came up with that all by yourself. Maybe we should show you a replay of that 2018 prelim final to remind you of the success your football club has achieved in the last 56 years

Despair at Fed Square: Subdued Dees fans view Eagles clash
At first an unearthly quiet descended on the crowd of Demon fans gathered at Federation Square to cheer on their team battling the West Coast Eagles in Perth for a chance to play Collingwood for the flag.

There was a smattering of applause at any clean disposal from their team.

A lone voice tried to start a “Melbourne, Melbourne” chant. It remained lone.

Then the frustration set in. “No!” “Grab 'im!” Use it!” were the cries.
But as the majors against mounted after quarter time while the Demons remained goalless, things really got ugly.
“It’s too hard, I can’t watch!” cried one woman, turning her back on the big screen in Federation Square where hundreds of Melbourne fans were gathered.
“It’s too painful.”

“And this is exactly why I didn’t get tickets,” another cried.

Ally Warren sat in a cross-legged yoga pose at the front of the supporters in the heart of Melbourne. In one hand, a crystal stone with the word: ‘willpower’ inscribed. In the other, a crystal heart.
“There’s a few of us sending positive manifestations,” she said.
Warren said she had been a Demon since birth when she was delivered by a Dr Hart.

“My heart has beat true ever since,” she said.

“I listen to my heartbeat on my birthday every year through a stethoscope.”
Warren was creating an aura of calm amid the nervous supporters — she said was already assured of the outcome.
“I had a dream we’d make the grand final,” she explained.

You're more than welcome to join the Eagles bandwagon when Melbourne goes bankrupt from coronavirus prematurely ending the 2020 season.

I'm a big fan of Trevor Nisbett too and his ever so strict governance. Nothing escapes his eagle eye!
That is true, that all you can say to us, maybe because your team has done sweet bugger all and relies on handouts from the AFL to survive like a welfare case

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much bitterness and envy run through all your posts.

It's funny you talk a big game considering you support a club that has one finals appearance since 2006. Even funnier when you consider that even when they make finals the demons still find a way to make a laughing stock of themselves.

For what it's worth, taking the piss out of peoples personal troubles to score points on a footy internet forum is about as low as it gets. Then again, there is no other refuge for a Melbourne fan, they certainly can't use any on-field success as there isn't any, so you resort to stooping about as low as you can get.

So much bitterness and envy run through all your posts.

It's funny you talk a big game considering you support a club that has one finals appearance since 2006. Even funnier when you consider that even when they make finals the demons still find a way to make a laughing stock of themselves.

For what it's worth, taking the piss out of peoples personal troubles to score points on a footy internet forum is about as low as it gets. Then again, there is no other refuge for a Melbourne fan, they certainly can't use any on-field success as there isn't any, so you resort to stooping about as low as you can get.
Mate, I don't know why you are being so crabby. I am a big fan of provincial Australia, and that includes WA.

Mate, I don't know why you are being so crabby. I am a big fan of provincial Australia, and that includes WA.

Is that why you take pot shots at people who have had long running personal issues?

You sound more like a long suffering fan of a football club which has become a laughing stock of the league.

We now have the phrase "doing a Melbourne" in footy vernacular because you guys are such a joke.

Let that sink in.

Back