AFL - Round 1 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He 100% is. As much as Gus can frustrate with his lazy kicking, he a) can be a very good kick at time when he's not just bombing it, and b) is actually a pretty reliable shot for goal. I'd back Gus in to kick that one. Andrew is generally pretty ordinary with ball in hand from what I've seen.
I also noticed in the practice games Gus has been in so far he has not used his left as much as previous seasons . Maybe he was told if he has time to steady ,use his right foot .

He 100% is. As much as Gus can frustrate with his lazy kicking, he a) can be a very good kick at time when he's not just bombing it, and b) is actually a pretty reliable shot for goal. I'd back Gus in to kick that one. Andrew is generally pretty ordinary with ball in hand from what I've seen.
Gus ain't a good kick around the ground. I just don't really rate him in general.

There's no evidence the AFL is shutting down.
It doesn't look great, with a crack down on non-essential travel.

You could argue that given teams travelling for football games is basically just travelling for work, so could be regarded as essential, but there is plenty of pressure on the AFL to pull the pin.

It doesn't look great, with a crack down on non-essential travel.

You could argue that given teams travelling for football games is basically just travelling for work, so could be regarded as essential, but there is plenty of pressure on the AFL to pull the pin.
No announcements yet obviously but sounds like there's going to be more restrictions on travel.
Vic and NSW are talking about closing their borders for non-essential travel as early as tuesday . the decision may be taken out of the AFL's hands
PM literally said he would work with the codes to keep them going. Too much fear mongering.

You're still allowed to travel for work, AFL making 1.5 million per game can afford to charter safe flights for the players.

Sounds like this may be the last day for this thread to run for a while 😔
Last day for a Round 1 thread? Likely. ;)

Vic and NSW are talking about closing their borders for non-essential travel as early as tuesday . the decision may be taken out of the AFL's hands
SA are pushing to close their boarders too. Tas and NT already have.

I've got it on, but have only been half watching for most of this qrt, and all of a sudden, North are within a straight kick. Looked miles away early.
It has been bizarre saints forward pressure was amazing but they couldn't capitalize, suddenly north get it forward kick a goal against the play and saints have completely stopped and north just completely out running them. It's a funny game like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest shame out of this is I think we are genuinely better than six of the teams who have played so far. All of Essendon, Freo, GC, North, St Kilda and the Dogs have been rubbish. Carlton, Port, Sydney and Adelaide haven’t been much chop either.

Biggest shame out of this is I think we are genuinely better than six of the teams who have played so far. All of Essendon, Freo, GC, North, St Kilda and the Dogs have been rubbish. Carlton, Port, Sydney and Adelaide haven’t been much chop either.

Interesting call considering we haven't even played yet lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back