Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t believe that.
First half was abysmal.
Lose walker early.
Then we go 5 goals down and Ziebell does his medial. Ahern does his hammy.
And we speak into action.

The players going down sparked us into the fight back and we honestly never liked like losing.

That’s a famous win.
Round 1 and all.

But make no mistake our best and worst is still so far in between and we will enjoy this win but I can’t ignore just how we can’t come ready to play consistently.

You know what won us this game? A plan B. Plan A wasn't working the first half, so we changed things up a bit and came back from behind to win.

Did we do that once under the previous coach?
Best we put that Plan A in the circular filing cabinet. We were pretty putrid in the first half. Enjoyed the fightback. Cunnington, Simpkin, Goldstein, and Polec all very good. Umpires were pretty ordinary in that last 5 minutes, missed an obvious free-kick to us and paid the Saints an invisible free-kick and a dropped mark to give them shots on goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great turn around after half time. A simply diabolical, uninspired, lackluster first half, so it was awesome to see the team lift in every facet after the break.

Better in and around the contest, faster ball movement, changes in direction and angles, repeat efforts. Its play like that which oppoaition find hard to counter.

Cunners, Jy, Polec, Dumont, Goldy and Taylor led the way. Jekyll and Hyde like performance.

I will remember the unbeaten season of 2020 forever.
Every game we struggled early, but Cunners put us on his back and lifted us over the line.
Cunners with the Syd, Dumont second.
Cunners topped the club goalkicking as well.
Cunners tied for Brownlow.
Taylor played every game and made a huge impression.
Marley sadly missed every game.
And we did it despite copping Razor Ray every game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back