Autopsy Round 1 2020: 3 point win vs Adelaide @ AO

Florent may not have been too sharp with his kicking but his 514m gained and 8 score involvements is impressive. Good effort for a 21 yr old.
Sometimes I forget how young our side actually is at times

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Draw in 2011
Only 3 losses

So pretty regularly.
So if the last 10 years is considered a reasonable sample size then we have a 60% chance of playing in a GF if we win Rd 1 and a 100% chance of playing finals. So this year we'll play in finals, more then likely we'll reach the GF where we'll have a 1 in 3 chance of winning the premiership. There's a 100% chance that Horse will be coach for the following year. regardless of GF outcome, and Kenny will still be joining in the singing, a 20% chance that Buddy will be playing for Hawthorn next year, an 80% chance that Kennedy will rank well in the Brownlow and a 20% chance that Goodes will retire and David Bowie will pass away in the following year (again). On the plus side there's also a 20% chance that the next year will be 2016, so we can replay that bloody grand final where we were cheated by the umpires.

Stats. You can bend them to show pretty much anything if the audience is gullible enough.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
So if the last 10 years is considered a reasonable sample size then we've have a 60% chance of playing in a GF if we win Rd 1 and a 100% chance of playing finals. So this year we'll play in finals, more then likely we'll reach the GF where we'll have a 1 in 3 chance of winning the premiership. There's a 100% chance that Horse will be coach for the following year. regardless of GF outcome, and Kenny will still be joining in the singing, a 20% chance that Buddy will be playing for Hawthorn next year, an 80% chance that Kennedy will rank well in the Brownlow and a 20% chance that Goodes will retire and David Bowie will pass away in the following year (again). On the plus side there's also a 20% chance that the next year will be 2016, so we can replay that bloody grand final where we were cheated by the umpires.

Stats. You can bend them to show pretty much anything if the audience is gullible enough.
And your avatar depicts a dump taking a Trump.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Parker is not a liability in the middle. He was bvery good in there and got 30 disposals. A lot of his handball set up Ollie and the other running types. JPK combined well with them too. I am impressed he was able to change his style a bit and give off really well. He has a tendency to set players up for the big takedown at times. Our mids were fed by Big Sam's 28 hitouts, 5 clearances and his ability to put his big frame in and effect the contest so out smalls could extract.
I was joking about Parker. It was a friendly jab at caesar88. He doesn't rate him in the middle then Parker bangs out a BOG performance. As I've said in another post, JPK and Parker are still quality but have lacked support the past couple of seasons. Give them a decent ruck and Florent and Rowbottom hitting form and it's a different equation.

Wow, my memory is playing tricks. Feel like we rarely get into gear till about Round 5.

Thanks.

This is a common misconception that gets repeated ad nauseum and is taken as fact.

I did a post about it ages ago, but we usually win the first 3-5 rounds quite regularly.

I was joking about Parker. It was a friendly jab at caesar88. He doesn't rate him in the middle then Parker bangs out a BOG performance. As I've said in another post, JPK and Parker are still quality but have lacked support the past couple of seasons. Give them a decent ruck and Florent and Rowbottom hitting form and it's a different equation.

Wasn't even in my top five.

Wonder what’s behind it?

As much as people claim they don't listen to the commentators/talking heads. Many are quick to repeat what they hear.

Monkey see Monkey do.

Jase Cutler

All Australian
Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Sucks that it came when it did. Boys up and about, plenty of enthusiasm, win to start the season, Naismith back, Heeney and Florent flying. Could've been a really good launchpad for us but now that really good win yesterday has basically become Marsh game 3.

If this season gets voided, you could say, we went undefeated.

:)

Back