Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you say you were in Bulgaria? What's this 'our numbers' thing?

What is the rationale for a total lockdown?

Scared that it might overwhelm the healthcare system. 163 here so far and rising sharply despite social distancing. Restwaurants and bars been closed for 2 weeks now. Bulgarians got on it a lot earlier than France. It was partial lockdown first but now for the past week complete lockdown, can't even get out of my house outside going to buy supplies

Is it understood if we can for example walk the dog, drive and visit friends during lockdown?
From what I've been told i think dog walking is ok if you do it alone and keep a distance from other walkers. Also dogs need to be kept on a leash at all times (You're infected, you touch your dog and leave the virus on its surface, let dog off leash at park, dog goes up to a stranger who pats dog, stranger gets virus)

Doubt you can visit friends/family though.if you need to drop food or supplies to them it would need to be left on their door step.

Last edited:
Trump called the MSM/DNC narrative of Corona being Trumps fault a hoax
The MSM/DNC are only using Corona to try and remove Trump from office
More death and panic the better for them and you TDS sufferers

It's possible that both California and New York were the first to lock down everything because they had the ace in the pocket of blaming it all on Trump when their economies go down the toilet.

As I have already stated, all businesses closing is not a scenario that will occur thus it’s moot point. Banks are already reducing covenants & freezing loan repayments plus there is current government support & anticipated additional support.

I did say IF did I not? IF all businesses or most close down which seems likely please explain to us all how the economy does not collapse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take

Hysterical nonsense. Yes the government will ( rightly) have to step in to keep business alive, and then they can step back again.

Are the government just going to continually throw money at them if those businesses are not doing any business?

At what point will the well dry up? If people are instructed not to leave house how are those people meant to spend money to keep the economy going? Even if every trade is done on line the bulk of business is not doing business.
  • Airlines are doing much less business and may soon be out of business
  • Nightclubs, cafes, restaurants and any place of business that requires people as custom will soon be out of business
  • That effects logistics and transport companies, those people as custom businesses do no business then logistics and transport will be soon out of business
  • Transport companies do no business then service centre and mechanic businesses do less business, people not using their cars, public transport not being used, then those service centre and mechanic businesses will soon go out of business.
Do I need go on? This is where we're heading IF we continue to shut everything down, and will have a much much more disastrous effect than the virus ever ever could.

Please explain to us all how the government will keep businesses alive if there is no business.

Worldwide, there is now double the amount of infections and double the amount of deaths compared to one week ago.

Let's just hope the social distancing and lockdowns start to take effect soon.
If you exclude China (for various reasons) the non China part of the world has increased four fold.

Something is going to have to give soon.

The only way you can make the virus disappear is if the whole world stopped for a few months. But that is not feasible. So that means waiting until a vaccine is released which as has already been discussed will take a year or so. But by that stage things will be too far gone the way things are going despite all the measures you are seeing in place.

I'm thinking that decisions will be made to cut a few corners on the vaccine testing and they will bring something out much much sooner.

Wut? Yes it is.

Unless you think liberal States cant act to protect the safety and lives of the citizens they govern.

That's their one job FFS.

Liberalism isn't 'the State doesn't intervene in its citizens lives'. Liberalism is 'the State can (and indeed must) only intervene when the intervention is reasonable and proportionate to the harm it seeks to address.'

We're staring down the barrel of tens of millions of deaths globally. Likely tens of thousands in Australia alone. That number would be much higher without the current intervention. Much much higher.

If the State did nothing to protect it's people from a global pandemic that kills thousands of them, it's not 'liberal'. Its incompetent.

Malifice you know I'm not talking about intervention in its current form. You'd know that by reading the whole post.

What I'm talking about is necessary martial law (intervention). Forcing the population to comply to strict and necessary measures is certainly NOT reflective of our society pre this f**khead virus.

It took me days to get the fu** out of latin america. Luckily I was in Brazil so I could head north to the US where I am now. Fly to LA tomorow and then home to Oz.

Had to go via the US as Chille, Peru, Argentina, Panama and Equador aren't allowing anyone in (and all connecting flights to Oz from Brazil go through there). Peru and Equador aren't allowing anyone out either (I have plenty of backpacking mates literally stuck there).

One minute I was in Carnival at Rio and the next moment I find myself in the zombie apocalypse. Its surreal.

Airports are ******* creepy now. Near abandoned and most people are wearing masks and gloves. PA systems are blaring disease warnings 24/7. Flights are cancelled repeatedly and everyone is terrified. Its like some f’ed up movie but it's real.

And its going to get much worse before it gets better. fu** me this is insane.

Sadly it looks like you won't be getting home mate, stay safe and if you can keep posting so we on BF know you're still alive. Please do that at least.:(

Outrageous

"Easyjet will go ahead with a £174 million dividend payout to shareholders despite appealing for taxpayer support.

The airline said that it might need lines of credit or loans from the government to cope with the coronavirus crisis. It insisted last night, however, that this would not affect the payout, £60 million of which will go to its founder, Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou.

Easyjet gave no indication that it would ask those investors to help the business."

Something is going to have to give soon.

The only way you can make the virus disappear is if the whole world stopped for a few months. But that is not feasible. So that means waiting until a vaccine is released which as has already been discussed will take a year or so. But by that stage things will be too far gone the way things are going despite all the measures you are seeing in place.

I'm thinking that decisions will be made to cut a few corners on the vaccine testing and they will bring something out much much sooner.
Suspect they’ll take the aggressive road few a bit and once there’s a sign of a slowdown they’ll gently relax things a bit so there’s at least some restoration.

The plus side is I suspect there will be a lot of businesses that will get a lot better at working remotely and plenty of jobs will move online.

Some people though are looking at a very long time out of meaningful work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back