AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say I'm gutted for you guys almost as much as for my own team. The fact that we didn't play you in a Grand Final this week is an excusable *up from AFL House, and the next in a long line of horrible AFLW administration decisions that's really hurting this league and both our teams.

Are your girls up for a Blue Mountain State style "Corn Field" game to settle premiers? It'll never be official, but always in our hearts.

Just wanted to say I'm gutted for you guys almost as much as for my own team. The fact that we didn't play you in a Grand Final this week is an excusable fu**up from AFL House, and the next in a long line of horrible AFLW administration decisions that's really hurting this league and both our teams.

Are your girls up for a Blue Mountain State style "Corn Field" game to settle premiers? It'll never be official, but always in our hearts.

I'm shattered for Freo. and our girls. It's bullshit!

Hi folks - sorry for the intrusion - but just wanted to offer a bit of solidarity.

I don't have that much of an issue with the straight shootout approach - it's basically what AFLW has used since inception (and as we both know from last year that can suck when you have to travel away to a team with a far inferior record - in our case, or don't even make the finals - in your case). I think finishing top of the conference and having home ground advantage in the semi and prelim is a reasonable reward for topping a conference in a short season. Given that - I think it's a disgrace that your semi final is not being played at Arden St.

Anyway, good luck with your finals and I genuinely hope its a Freo vs North final in three weekends time because then the clear two best teams over the season can go head to head (but am waiting for the existential crisis in the AFL when it comes to where they play the final because somehow they need to find a way of screwing both Freo and North as usual!!)
Well, the afl found a way.

So disappointing. Can only imagine what the players and staff are feeling.

Why crush hope? Why not postpone 10 weeks like the AFL?

Girls out of contract in April, with jobs and the like. It's probably not a viable option to have them train at the current load for 5 or 6 months for a game that may not happen. And it's presuming no player movement, which could happen with both teams. Start of next year the teams are different; players are older, new players have been drafted and game-plans have changed. No guarantee a Freo-North matchup in 2021 is anything like the one they would have had this year.

They needed a result this week or keep the season going for the next few.

beavis-and-butthead.gif

I’d hope the consultations with players and clubs covered this not-unexpected turn of events and that it’s the consensus position. Feels like a slap at the moment but as noted above the women and their comp are in a much different position to the AFLM players.

It’s a shame it didn’t play out, but we’ve got some great memories of 2020. The day out against Richmond, the second half against the Cats, grinding out a first finals win against the Pies this weekend, and, above all, the afternoon sitting on the hill at Arden St watching the GC win. Onwards and upwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The truth is a trip to the west to play Freo in the GF (assuming we’d have beaten Carlton - not QED) would have been a tall order. Our team can content themselves with the fact that they finished 50 percentage points ahead of the next team in the home and away season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

PurpleThunder dropbear101 this is what you get when 2x non-lovechildren topping the conferences.

Every man, woman and their dog knew this possibility was coming.

That absolute logical option was to play off the conference leaders. Everyone knew it.

So instead they don't even cut to a 2 round final series but a ****ing 3 round final series. Knowing it was flawed as all ****.

Then do everything in their power to get Collingwood and Carlton through.

Now both clubs after doing everything right don't even walk away from the season with a loss to the other worthy contender (ie conference leader) to show for it.

Gutted. Never change AFL.

PurpleThunder dropbear101 this is what you get when 2x non-lovechildren topping the conferences.

Every man, woman and their dog knew this possibility was coming.

That absolute logical option was to play off the conference leaders. Everyone knew it.

So instead they don't even cut to a 2 round final series but a ****ing 3 round final series. Knowing it was flawed as all ****.

Then do everything in their power to get Collingwood and Carlton through.

Now both clubs after doing everything right don't even walk away from the season with a loss to the other worthy contender (ie conference leader) to show for it.

Gutted. Never change AFL.

It's a bit dumber. They used an AFLPA vote to justify the decision.

As far as I can see they used the fact that Carlton, Melbourne, Brisbane, GWS, Collingwood and Gold Coast wanted a crack at finals to out-vote us and push a bigger finals series.

KAntonio's post-season video alluded to the fact that Freo players didn't vote for that finals series. And Ebony seemed to saying the same thing:

Genuinely felt we would beat dockers if we played them. They had a pretty thin midfield bar bowers, Antonio is ok also but not really a centre square mid

anyway another solid year and a finals win and we were still in the hunt when they canned the year

hopefully they announce a few Roos like Kearney riddell ashmore Garner in the AA team

Genuinely felt we would beat dockers if we played them. They had a pretty thin midfield bar bowers, Antonio is ok also but not really a centre square mid

anyway another solid year and a finals win and we were still in the hunt when they canned the year

hopefully they announce a few Roos like Kearney riddell ashmore Garner in the AA team

Here is the Team Of The Year.

AFLW Team of the Year: Who makes the cut?

Lol.

When any AFL team finishes in top position these days it populates half the AA spots.

When a North Melbourne team of either variety does it, 1x starting spot and 2x bench spots will do.

Bruton, Ashmore and Randall all had claims to the AA team IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back