Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Sam Frost. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly think we will start playing Impey up forward as that pressure forward tbh
Hope not.

He's just had a great 12-18 months with us playing off HBF. He's got great straight line, line breaking speed & acceleration, but I don't see him as having the evasive agility of a small forward/FP.

Does seem like fully fit we could have 9-10 potential best 22 players in the backline. Someone is going to have to miss out or go forward.

Honestly think we will start playing Impey up forward as that pressure forward tbh
From memory Impey played up forward against the giants at the g last year and acquitted himself well. Still, without the acl injury he would've gone close to winning the b&f as a rebounding defender so that's definitely his ideal spot.
Never gets beaten one on one, good in the air and on the deck with pace to burn. Absolute jet

Does seem like fully fit we could have 9-10 potential best 22 players in the backline. Someone is going to have to miss out or go forward.
We've got about 12 forwards as well.

Hope not.

He's just had a great 12-18 months with us playing off HBF. He's got great straight line, line breaking speed & acceleration, but I don't see him as having the evasive agility of a small forward/FP.
He 100% has that evasiveness, that was actually acknowledged as a huge strength of his pre/post his draft year.

Don't get me wrong he was absolutely amazing for us as a HBF but I think he would be much more valuable as a small pressure forward since we only really have one currently at AFL level (and he's on the decline), whereas at half back we have a few more options, maybe not with the same speed but still some good evasive ball users.

I do worry about how his knee may have affected this ability though.

He 100% has that evasiveness, that was actually acknowledged as a huge strength of his pre/post his draft year.

Don't get me wrong he was absolutely amazing for us as a HBF but I think he would be much more valuable as a small pressure forward since we only really have one currently at AFL level (and he's on the decline), whereas at half back we have a few more options, maybe not with the same speed but still some good evasive ball users.

I do worry about how his knee may have affected this ability though.

Our lack of small forwards is a huge issue.

I wouldn't mind Impey filling in for 6 weeks, short term.

I like Nash, too. My preference is that Nash gels with our 3 talls and Bruest/Burgoyne.

Frosts positioning looks ok which is something to work with. Decision making and skills need some work.

Main thing for him is to shut his mouth on the field rather than argue everything. Needs a strong guiding influence next to him like a Hodge.

Hope he gets a good run at it and gets to settle in and settle down this season as could be valuable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Body language poor at the Dees when losing.
And I reckon because of his remonstrating he gets penalised a bit more than he should at the contest. Given he is 91 games into his career it is fairly well ingrained. That is where our leaders are going to be so important to eliminate it from his game. Might take some time.

Frost doesn't need to be Rance.

He just needs to be the defender Clarko wants him to be.
Frawley was a shocking kick, but now days Frawley is more than reliable.

Frost is the perfect Clarkson recruit. Filled a spot we desperately needed and cost nothing.

Getting him & Hartley (who is more than capable) we have gone from shocking KPD depth to very good. Brilliant recruiting

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Frawley was a shocking kick, but now days Frawley is more than reliable.

Frost is the perfect Clarkson recruit. Filled a spot we desperately needed and cost nothing.

Getting him & Hartley (who is more than capable) we have gone from shocking KPD depth to very good. Brilliant recruiting

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Frawley's kicking isn't reliable as such, he just takes the easy 20m option sideways, or bombs 50m down the line.

That's all Frost needs to do too

I do get what the knock was against him. Did some absolutely brilliant things that could see him as one of the best KPD in the league but then follow it up with absolute howler of an error.

Plenty more good things than bad and I'm sure that ratio will only become more favourable as he continues to get more training with the Hawks.

Someone just has to be near him for a handball when he goes on one of his tears.

Frost has a lot of Jonathon Hay about him - burst out of the backline and completely shank the kick.

Anyhow, he had a terrific debut. His desperation was great to see, he was playing like he really had a point to prove.

He looked good. I liked his awareness. Needs to work on his disposal a bit, but not overly fussed as long as he stands up in defence. Hipwood, who has a habit of stepping us vs us was left scratching his jead

Was very determined and focussed. Some terrific desperation knocking the ball out on the ground. Kicking is cringe but has endeavour in spades. Promising debut. His speed means he can sweep back which is very valuable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back