Are we in strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

The contracts are for 18 teams. We're more financially stable than at least a few other clubs. We have a niche, aswell as a inner city hub.

But this campaigner of a virus will fu** everything up.

My hunch is the AFL will pump money in. Half the league can go which means nobody will go.

The AFL have a bankable asset, being the broadcast rights. Against that asset it could borrow significant sums of money to its own operations and those of the clubs. This thing is going to hit everyone hard. The AFL might come out of it hundreds of billions in debt, but I think it and NMFC will get through it.

The AFL have a bankable asset, being the broadcast rights. Against that asset it could borrow significant sums of money to its own operations and those of the clubs. This thing is going to hit everyone hard. The AFL might come out of it hundreds of billions in debt, but I think it and NMFC will get through it.
Yep
Gill said they were working on their liquidity.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2 key revenue items for us are

1. Hobart games - 2m (with extra $ for game day revenue based on attendance etc)
2. GF breakfast - 1.5m

If there are no more games/finals/GF we will struggle as all clubs will.

We have the benefit that we don't budget for big game day dollars/blockbusters so not having those is not a problem or loss as such for us.

But we definitely still need to play the Hobart games and have the GF breakfast to generate those dollars.

Also I am not sure how Bard's contract pay out is impacted by this - all AFL staff and current coaches will have to take a pay cut under the soft cap restriction - I am assuming Bard's payout will go down proportionality.

Don’t forget we have faced oblivion before, this time we are much better off, significantly less debt and better finances in general, yes it will hurt but we are far better off than more than a few clubs

AFL and Vic Gov money will see us through, we will be ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in the Coronavirus thread but no one answered. Maybe here?

This article lists north, saints and dees as the smaller Vic clubs. I am genuinely perplexed as to why the WB are not included in this conversation??

St Kilda has a larger latent supporter base than them by far and North’s current membership tally is only around 1000 behind them at the moment. Furthermore, it’s not as if the WB get bumping crowd numbers in comparison to the other 3 aforementioned clubs and certainly not in the vicinity of the larger clubs. Additionally, the Roos are virtually debt free (I think). What the hell gives??

This article lists north, saints and dees as the smaller Vic clubs. I am genuinely perplexed as to why the WB are not included in this conversation??

St Kilda has a larger latent supporter base than them by far and North’s current membership tally is only around 1000 behind them at the moment. Furthermore, it’s not as if the WB get bumping crowd numbers in comparison to the other 3 aforementioned clubs and certainly not in the vicinity of the larger clubs. Additionally, the Roos are virtually debt free (I think). What the hell gives??
Terrible article. It's basically, small clubs will need help. No s**t, all will need help. Big and small.

Don’t forget we have faced oblivion before, this time we are much better off, significantly less debt and better finances in general, yes it will hurt but we are far better off than more than a few clubs

AFL and Vic Gov money will see us through, we will be ok

I signed up months ago for the family at $1500 - reserved seats and all.

I am glad I have done that - because I probably would find it hard to justify now with no games etc.

It's effectively a donation as we will be lucky to have 4 home games in Melbourne this year - but ...suck it up and all that.

I wont be ringing the club for a refund although I know a few who have.

They seem to have had a few years profits, but from the latest financial report:

1584870432117.png

There's no analysis in the article. We've made...what is it...9 profits in 10 years...the club is financially stable.

It’s fairly stock standard and lazy, North = small club = financially unstable,
Doggies = recent premiers = must be financially stable

Word on the street, is that Gill is sending this bloke in to Andrews' office for that line of credit.

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back