Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the type of occupation where you can just step in behind a cash register at 7eleven and continue where you left off.. or teaching an English class.. or sitting behind an uber steering wheel.. these guys need to be at peak fitness to play.. they need constant interaction with their teammates.. if they want to go ahead with it and De Goey is at 120 kilos I don't blame him..

So uh... Any hope of somewhere being open tomorrow for me to buy a bed, fridge and washing machine in Melbourne? Literally just about to go on the Spirit of Tasmania to move over.

So uh... Any hope of somewhere being open tomorrow for me to buy a bed, fridge and washing machine in Melbourne? Literally just about to go on the Spirit of Tasmania to move over.

Great timing P.S

Yes only Tommorow but down at Tassie there is no Lockdown yet

some kind of shutdown for about that. 12-18 months do develop vaccine. 6 months to produce enough to inoculate a significant number of people. It ain’t good.

Where do you get those numbers from?

If the whole world is producing the vaccine why would it take 6 months?

The chinese government alone will make tens of thousands of factories produce it 24/7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the new job? Christ, what a challenging time.
Yep. Thought I would have footy and pubs to distract me from the crippling anxiety of leaving my family and close friends behind. It's a job I really wanted and I've been wanting to move to Melbourne for a long time but jeez I'm pissed at China for allowing those wet markets now.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that this season will be a test of will rather than skill or strategy. The most disciplined team that keeps itself fit and healthy will win it.

Hypothetical - if the list actually all get the virus, does that mean that they can gather as a group and train? There wouldnt be a scientific argument for restricting where the players go after they get it and recover because you cant catch it twice.

I think that this season will be a test of will rather than skill or strategy. The most disciplined team that keeps itself fit and healthy will win it.

Hypothetical - if the list actually all get the virus, does that mean that they can gather as a group and train? There wouldnt be a scientific argument for restricting where the players go after they get it and recover because you cant catch it twice.

I don't think there's any chance the season will get anywhere close to finishing.

Best case scenario we get over this virus by October/November, right when the cricket world cup starts and takes all the football stadiums... And then we need to fit in 16 rounds + finals into October November December with grounds that have cricket pitches..

Yep. Thought I would have footy and pubs to distract me from the crippling anxiety of leaving my family and close friends behind. It's a job I really wanted and I've been wanting to move to Melbourne for a long time but jeez I'm pissed at China for allowing those wet markets now.

Terrible timing. Hope you still have a job. But welcome to melbourne.

This whole coronavirus thing is insane.
Talk about a massive overreaction.
There is a conspiracy behind all of this.
I don't know what that conspiracy is but it's there.
Nothing form the information that has been given to us suggests we should be behaving like this.
This is crazy.
People...if you get the virus, and the probabilities of you getting it are low, but if you do get it and you are under the age of 60 then you are almost certainly going to get over it.
For 99.99 percent of the worlds population it is going to be a non event.
Yes people are going to die, I'm not trying to trivialize that.
But for the vast vast vast majority of the population you are either not going to get it or if you do are going to be bedridden for a week or so.
There is something going on here.
This panic which we are all being told to be a part of just doesn't make sense.

Where do you get those numbers from?

If the whole world is producing the vaccine why would it take 6 months?

The chinese government alone will make tens of thousands of factories produce it 24/7

Well, I got the numbers from Norman Swan, of Coronacast. And from an epidemiologist's article in the Guardian. To manufacture enough and distribute it to everyone in the world is going to take longer than 6 months. In Australia we might be lucky and they'll get it done sooner.

First they have to develop it.

This whole coronavirus thing is insane.
Talk about a massive overreaction.
There is a conspiracy behind all of this.
I don't know what that conspiracy is but it's there.
Nothing form the information that has been given to us suggests we should be behaving like this.
This is crazy.
People...if you get the virus, and the probabilities of you getting it are low, but if you do get it and you are under the age of 60 then you are almost certainly going to get over it.
For 99.99 percent of the worlds population it is going to be a non event.
Yes people are going to die, I'm not trying to trivialize that.
But for the vast vast vast majority of the population you are either not going to get it or if you do are going to be bedridden for a week or so.
There is something going on here.
This panic which we are all being told to be a part of just doesn't make sense.

If 50% of Australia get it, and there's a mortality rate of 2%, that's 100,000 people dead right?

And that's trivial?

It kills the young too, you know. Plenty of people in their 30s and 40s. Not sure the numbers of people in their 20s, but I'd like to see them.

At the end of the day,China will never be held accountable for what they have caused.

If 50% of Australia get it, and there's a mortality rate of 2%, that's 100,000 people dead right?

And that's trivial?

It kills the young too, you know. Plenty of people in their 30s and 40s. Not sure the numbers of people in their 20s, but I'd like to see them.
Yes. In the scheme of things relatively speaking 100 thousand is trivial.
And let's not forget that at the moment 1000 australians have it and you are taking a leap from 1000 to 12,500,000.
But let's take your scenario even further. Let's say that every single Australian gets the virus. And let's take your scenario one step further and assume a mortality rate of not 2% but 6%. I am talking never going to happen scenario here.
With the above ridiculous scenario. which would never happen, Australia's population would go from 25,000,000 to 23,500,000.
Hardly the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back