Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall, this victory should be chalked down to Rhyce. It’s only fair. If we had been well beaten, he would have been pilloried for his lack of a plan B. The way he took control of proceedings after halftime really deserves plaudits. It would appear we got that decision correct.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am glad I didn't post anything, but there wasn't much positive going through my mind after the first half. I have a very big concern about how we prepare for a new season, how we just give guys who are zero chance of playing game time in what is a few games we have to get ready, how we don't play the brand of football that is our successful brand of football, we kind of went through the motions during the pre-season and we started like that as well.

It is great we were able to turn things around after half time, however, it is a real concern about the large variance between our on and off footy, there is anything up to a 100 point difference between our good and bad footy and that is way too large a variance for a side that intends on contending.
I just put the first half down to having too many underdone players. We just need some continuity and we should be ok, if this season ever restarts

Just watching a replay. Rhyce really involved advising Jed on the bench at three quarter time. Jeez, we look like we’ve picked a good one in Scamper. He’s so involved.

Looked like we could have put him on if needed!

Obviously King Corey would have stood against this as they don't do it in the NFL.

Watched replay and God I loved the way Higgo spoke to that self important little turd Chamberlain over the Atley htb shocker.

Spoke to him like he was some of ticket inspector who had got it wrong.

Looked like we could have put him on if needed!

Obviously King Corey would have stood against this as they don't do it in the NFL.

doctor-strange-movie.jpg

Iv said it a few times now, but I can’t see st kilda playing finals with that forward line. I just can’t fathom that they would bring in guys like Hill, Hanners, Jones, etc to make a tilt, but then rely on a kid who has never played to be their number one forward.
Giving up Bruce for mid second rounder is going to bite them.

Spot on. How's the way Max King was feted as the 2nd coming of Christ by the media pre game? He's a 19 year old kid coming off a knee reco. He might be talented but he's proven nothing so far.

Just watching a replay. Rhyce really involved advising Jed on the bench at three quarter time. Jeez, we look like we’ve picked a good one in Scamper. He’s so involved.

Saw that as he went on I thought "I hope you're just repeating that cos otherwise he will forget."

Spot on. How's the way Max King was feted as the 2nd coming of Christ by the media pre game? He's a 19 year old kid coming off a knee reco. He might be talented but he's proven nothing so far.

Looks to have nice skills, but I suspect his real asset is pace off the mark for his size.

He'll be a serious weapon when they get the midfield delivery right.

His brother got nothing like that treatment and has shown plenty.

Yep but reprogramming players into a new game plan can take a year to do. Winning a game like that under those circumstances considering our recent record of coming from behind during a game and round 1's with one rotation is special. Regardless of opposition.

Yeah, going to take a lot longer than 12 months because we are a long way off despite some great results last year.

I think we have too many one-dimensional players and it is going to be a challenge to get particularly the older players to change what has been a long time conditioned to do one thing by Brad.

It was really the unfortunate issue of a crippled bench that saw Cunnington go forward and he was pretty much rested there instead of coming off the ground like he normally does and spending sub 80% ToG. That power was taken out of the sports science people due to the necessity of no bench and it proved there is a dynamic to players we haven't tapped into out of belief in the science system.

I don't think our science system is as good as we believe it is and in some regards I think it is holding players and the club in general back to some degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, going to take a lot longer than 12 months because we are a long way off despite some great results last year.

I think we have too many one-dimensional players and it is going to be a challenge to get particularly the older players to change what has been a long time conditioned to do one thing by Brad.

It was really the unfortunate issue of a crippled bench that saw Cunnington go forward and he was pretty much rested there instead of coming off the ground like he normally does and spending sub 80% ToG. That power was taken out of the sports science people due to the necessity of no bench and it proved there is a dynamic to players we haven't tapped into out of belief in the science system.

I don't think our science system is as good as we believe it is and in some regards I think it is holding players and the club in general back to some degree.

Maybe when we get back to some normality there’ll be less money for sports science and we can let footballers football.

I haven't read all the posts in here but one thing, it was great to get a win before the bye for once. But in all seriousness, that kick Jy did in the last minute to Larkey was something we have lacked , a player with poise and game sense. I can think of a number of our more senior players who I have know doubt would have just kicked blindly and then who knows what could have happened. Great stuff from Mr Cool.
Go The Roos

Must be a slow news day at the Hun for them to be running a story about two North players at the centre of a noise complaint last night.

You wouldn't think there was much going on in the world if this stuff makes the news.
View attachment 845334
Hence why the HS isn’t welcome on here

Absolutely trash

Something that might have been forgotten due to the outcome. How about Walker’s massive leap?! That would have been one hell of a mark. Josh is going to slot in really nicely. When Majak gets back I reckon we’ll have a very impressive backline.

Heart will beat sports science when the game is On the line.

Last edited:
Can't think of one of their key forwards who had an influence. King was useless apart from 2 gifts and Membrey was average. Considering we lost Walker early in the game which left us short (in height), I thought Pittard and JMac were fantastic today in covering that loss.

Crazy coaching from the Saints - they should have just put Ryder in the forward line and bombed it long all arvo after Walker went down. They went in with two rucks against an undersized back line and didn't play to their strengths.

Crazy coaching from the Saints - they should have just put Ryder in the forward line and bombed it long all arvo after Walker went down. They went in with two rucks against an undersized back line and didn't play to their strengths.

In fairness, they did have Marshall and Ryder down there.

They just couldn't get it in. I think we let up 12 inside 50's for the entire second half.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned already but it bears repeating. We’ve just won two close games in a row (Demons & Saints). Both games were come from behind victories as well. I literally cannot remember our previous victory in a tight match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back