MVP Votes v Eagles 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, we are doing Vote threads for the only game in 2020. Well, the only game until June. June 2021.

12 votes spread over the players you think warrant votes.

6 - J. Viney
4 - E. Langdon
2 - C. Petracca

Last edited:

What are people's thoughts on starting a negative votes award? (If the season goes ahead of course) -12 votes for your worst players, any way you like. Same concept. Would seem easier to hand votes out this way most weeks.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Viney 4, for returning to 2018 Vines in terms of mobility, yet his tunnel vision is still there and defensively his positioning sucked so there are still huge worries about his long term fit with Clarry Gussy and Trac.

Petracca 4, barely put a foot wrong really, so composed in traffic(why do people call Pendles unique when Cripps and now Trac also never get done holding the footy)? Got used half forward for a bit and was superb as a connector too, hit good areas.

Gawn 1 for having to front the media next to an absolutely clueless coach.

Langdon 1 for doing what he’s paid to do, get on the fat side and carry it forward. Didn’t seem to be running full pelt with the ball in order to kick better, and it worked at times. Overall his kicking...I don’t think it’s as bad as a guy like Menegola but it’s clearly not that good.

Lockhart 1 his defensive awareness sucks but because he’s so damn composed in traffic down back and such a good user, 1. Ultimately I don’t think he’s a defender unless he seriously cleans up that defensive IQ, because Daniel looked magnificent as a rebounder last year but was ultimately a liability due to size. Lockhart has size AND positioning concerns. For a guy who’s played as a defender before the positioning is not good.

Pickett 1. Brought as much pressure as he could, some exciting runs, he’s seriously quick and skilful, so a very good pick at 12. Loved his effort minute 1-64.

shoutouts to Bedford for the late rundown tackle, Harmes for trying his best and not withdrawing into his shell down back, he’s someone I’m not worried too much about. Tomlinson looks solid too as he did in pre season.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
5 Viney
3 Petracca
2 Pickett (encouragement award)
1 Bedford
1 Lockhart

Harmes down back doesn't do it for me , it also must be a nightmare being a key forward with the way it comes in . Oliver still treating ball as hot potato .
What got up my nose the most was WC taking the piss after Q time . Our team needs a rocket up their arses , not more Goodwin cuddling .

What got up my nose the most was WC taking the piss after Q time . Our team needs a rocket up their arses , not more Goodwin cuddling .
But, is that fun? Footy is about fun, can't you hear it in my voice.

Votes:
Viney - 5
Trac - 3
Lockhart - 1
Pickett - 1
Bedford - 1
Oscar - 1 🌈

GrInPoWdErDiAh

Debutant
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
5 Viney - I'd hate to have seen the scoreline if he didn't play. He was largely our only source of resistance through the midfield.
4 Petracca - Really pleased with his game, just would've liked to see him involved more. He looks like the only bloke capable of hitting a target forward of centre.
1 Langdon - I've seen plenty of him at the Dockers so I knew what we were getting, and he did his job. It's nice to have an outlet kick available when R50, even if he's going to contribute to some of the poor delivery I50.
1 Lockhart - Agree with some of the other comments that his size and positioning will be exposed as a defender, but he does good things under pressure with the ball which is more than we can say for the other guys down there right now.
1 Pickett - Really pleased with his effort throughout the game. We know he won't fill the stat sheets but he's a presence on both the offensive and defensive ends. He's going to be a ripper for us.

It doesn't deserve votes, but I thought May, Lever and even Oscar were serviceable in defense especially given the ease, space and time WCE had with almost every I50 entry they got.

Side note, I wasn't optimistic going into the season but even considering that, gees that was underwhelming and we've got a long, long way to go. Maybe the news just before the game that it was going to be the last indefinitely didn't help, but again that's probably being optimistic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Oscar and May did their job exceptionally well. No way any of us would have thought Darling and JK would have kicked 1 goal between them.

Viney - 4
May - 3
OMac - 2
Pickett - 1
Langdon - 1
Petracca - 1

And the 2020 results are in:
91 votes/16 - Jack Viney
34 votes/15 - Christian Petracca
18 votes/13 - Kysaiah Pickett
15 votes/10 - Jay Lockhart
14 votes/10 - Ed Langdon
------------------------------------
9 votes/4 - Steven May
6 votes/5 - Toby Bedford
4 votes/3 - Oscar McDonald
1 votes/1 - Max Gawn

What are people's thoughts on starting a negative votes award? (If the season goes ahead of course) -12 votes for your worst players, any way you like. Same concept. Would seem easier to hand votes out this way most weeks.
Just because it's a Votes thread doesn't mean it has to be positive votes. I mean, I won't count them but you can still post them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back