And the grasshopper laughs in the merry scene,
When Mary and Susan and Emily
With their sweet round mouths sing 'Ha, ha he!'

When the painted birds laugh in the shade,
Where our table with cherries and nuts is spread:
Come live, and be merry, and join with me,
To sing the sweet chorus of 'Ha, ha, he!'

(William Blake)
Love me some William Blake, but it feels somewhat tainted, reading it on BigFooty. Just sayin'.

It is said the when Sam Phillips, founder of Sun Studios, was asked who was the best ever star he recorded, he din't hesitate - Howlin Wolf. Keep in mind he also recorded Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, B B King, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash etc etc. Sitting in Sun Studios on a trip toMemphis was my trip greatest highlight.

reading that last line several times I still can’t work it out, just what sort of ‘trip’ were you on GK 🤔

Love me some William Blake, but it feels somewhat tainted, reading it on BigFooty. Just sayin'.

Truly, my Satan, thou art but a Dunce,
And dost not know the Garment of the Man.
Every Harlot was a Virgin once,
Nor canst thou ever change Kate into Nan.

I actually quoted Thomas Gray in the great scenes in cinema thread an hour or two ago Kimbo. But honestly I'm not literate when it comes to poetry. I just come across it and the good stays with me.

Blake's awesome tho.

Opened my eyes to the mysteries of the universe.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I actually quoted Thomas Gray in the great scenes in cinema thread an hour or two ago Kimbo. But honestly I'm not literate when it comes to poetry. I just come across it and the good stays with me.

Blake's awesome tho.

Opened my eyes to the mysteries of the universe.
There's a great scenes in cinema thread?

Bit of positivity lads and keep smiling. All we can do. Post something that tickles your fancy, makes you laugh or puts a smile on your face. Cheers 😎

Awesome thread idea Hoj!

Creative ways to survive social isolation with your cats:

I guess it's just another way to remind us that we're all connected. ;)

Nah, in all honesty, the world has become very small. We're being asked to isolate ourselves, yet in doing this we're more reminded that we're not alone. Really, it's just about each other. How we help each other, how we are raising each other up.

There's a lot of fear, a lot of confusion, a lot of toxic political atmosphere right now. We're not sure, we're unclear about where we are. If anyone out there is having trouble, reach out, either to a loved one, or even to one of us on here, as wacky and dysfunctional as we may be. We're here if you need us. Today, and hopefully tomorrow, and the next day and the next and the next and the next.

Sending love, everyone.

Stupid memes for a stupid virus (Stupid for ruining our game)

1584948641444.png

1584948700542.png

1584948782203.png

Lucky enough where I work, we can see puppies every day!

These guys came down from the Northwest Territories through some rescue work one of my coworkers does. She brings them to work every day, and this, combined with the fact that we've now locked our front door and let only the patients in (the dogs and cats) sans the humans, has made for a small blessing in these weird times. Pandemic puppies and blessed silver linings. I'll take 'em.

They're 6 weeks old now, and mum, though emaciated when she came to us, is doing great. :thumbsu::heart:
(And yes, they're huskies! What else would you expect in Canada?)

pups.png

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne

That was epic krakouers85 ....Thanks mate!
Just spent the 2 hours now watching it.
Belly 16 p's in the 3rd
Choppy ridic all day.
Manton On Corey....they kidn!!!
Shagga was classy as, deserve the NS....but coulda gone to Byron or Dinger.
Don't reckon Mighty Mick lost a contest all day.
Archer hated to lose any contest.....Lukey Mac you gotta watch this game bud. You've got it in ya. That contest when Murphy does his knee/ankle, the slow mo shows, Archer just launching backwards aerially with no concern for hi own safety. What a player.
Carey goes into the middle and has 8-9 p's in 10 mins
How god was Matty Cap...under rated ruckmen
Fruity had a mare
Winnie didn't play to his usual standard, but by god when he has the ball.....silk
Stevo, gun....tough as f$%k!
Kingy could seriously play....had a ripping game
Hammil sleeps with the light on. Micky tore him to shreds
Scotty Welsh could play a bit
Mooney with the duck eggs :oops:
Simmo showed what he would become
Blakey.................Judas!!:mad:
Hilariously they had Kouta tagging Corey....cost em the game IMO

Edit....Had to add one more thing. At one stage, Gerard Healy, yes Gerard, actually says, "I think they are getting robbed by the umpires North Melbourne"...couldn't believe who was saying it. What happened Gerard, why you so mad now?

Last edited:
Back