Resource 2020 AFL punting thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not AFL, but can anything beat Alligator Blood today?

Edit- LOL, I’ve been tipped 5 other horses In the race. Should be a cracker but I think Alligator Blood is a a champion

Last edited:
Okay, same as last year by capping $20 bucks a round, but I am going to switch up the format by staying live in the round if I haven't done the $20

Round 1

Richmond v Carlton

Richmond/over 134.5 @ $2.25
Cripps 25+ @ $1.65

= $3.90 x $20 = $78 return

Bank: - $20

Okay, same as last year by capping $20 bucks a round, but I am going to switch up the format by staying live in the round if I haven't done the $20

Round 1

Richmond v Carlton

Cripps 25+ @ $1.65

You were able to multi those?

Will have a go at something later in the round.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Round 1

Richmond v Carlton

Cripps 25+ @ $1.65

I recorded a 390% profit for the year. :thumbsu: :D

I recorded a 390% profit for the year. :thumbsu: :D

How so? Didn't your first leg lose?

On another note, the women's comp being cancelled was a nice windfall for the betting agencies (well, Sportsbet at least) as every futures bet was voided. Before the season started, I took some doubles with the men's team winning Rd 1 into the women's team (1) winning the flag, and (2) making the GF. Both bets were paid out as single win bets (1st leg) and ignoring the second leg. By my reckoning, they should have at least treated the 2nd bet as a dead heat (four teams left, two can go through) and halved the odds in the multiple bet, but of course I received zero multiplier on the 1st leg win. Thieves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, I read it as Richmond having to beat 134.5 at $2.25. Those odds for a combined total over 134.5 seem way overs, wish I'd been aware of it at the time.

You can pretty much rely on pre-season hype regarding Carlton delivering some good round 1 odds.;) :thumbsu:

Garner - morphetville race 9 no. 14

Had a win on it last year.

Missed that one but so did he.

Keep me updated when he's running can you, would be great.

Well, Sportsbet and TAB have just voided all 2020 AFL bets and refunded them. I was initially annoyed but I found that our odds have increased in the re-framed markets on Sportsbet (not with TAB, though). There are far fewer bet types, and I'm not happy that my Cunnington Brownlow bet is gone, especially given he's currently equal leader.

Our odds in different Sportsbet markets are:

Premiership $51 $67 (changed since this morning - I went again)(still $34 with TAB)
Make GF $21
Top 4 $8
Top 8 $3.20

Well, Sportsbet and TAB have just voided all 2020 AFL bets and refunded them. I was initially annoyed but I found that our odds have increased in the re-framed markets on Sportsbet (not with TAB, though). There are far fewer bet types, and I'm not happy that my Cunnington Brownlow bet is gone, especially given he's currently equal leader.

Premiership $51 $67 (changed since this morning - I went again)(still $34 with TAB)
Make GF $21
Top 4 $8
Top 8 $3.20

I backed Curtis Taylor at $34 on Ladbrokes and it hasn’t been cancelled yet.

Make GF $21
Top 4 $8
Top 8 $3.20
That is juicy.

That is juicy.
Particularly with a win already banked.

Still paying $67-1 for the flag.

I reckon this interrupted & shortened season may throw up a few oddities.

With a few less games, you could make a case for even more teams to get a decent run of it - injuries (& recovery time) & points from ‘away’ wins that aren’t so ‘away’ & without spectators having an influence on both the players momentum & umpires decisions.

Every 4 points will be so valuable from here on out, so it’s nice to have a win banked, particularly since it’s likely we fly back from NSW with a loss (although I’m quietly confident, given all the craziness of what has transpired, that we can catch last year’s Grand Finalists off guard).
I don’t think anyone would want to be sitting 0-2, particularly with poor percentage (looking you at Dees).

I’d hold off backing anyone (aside from North) until after this next 4 game block. Where teams are sitting on the ladder after 5 rounds will have a huge mental impact on how much they’ll climb or slide.
We have tricky games for rounds 2-5, but if we come out with 3 wins (against teams I consider us to be in genuine competition with for spots 3-8*) & are sitting 4-1, the boys will be pumped & momentum rapidly flowing. This goes for any team in a similar situation.
*not Sydney.

And that is the other huge factor (aside from a teams injury list) - momentum. You see it often with shorter length leagues like the NFL where teams that are playing well in that last 2 or 3 weeks leading into playoffs often just keep going with it. It was a while ago now, but I won a heap of cash on the NY Giants when I jumped on their momentum train at 26-1 using this theory. I’m going to be all over any team that wins it’s last two or three games heading into finals.

The Brownlow could see a winner that is just your solid, consistent contributor. Do crowds - or lack thereof - have an impact? The umpires won’t have the distraction of tens of thousands of supporters when they make borderline decisions during the game, so will the lack of cheering & theatre also shine more of a light on your less ‘showy’ Cunnington’s ($41-1) & Oliver’s ($51-1) too?

Not going to be an ideal season betting-wise for easy money, but could be a chance to luck out on some roughies.

Cunnington already (in theory) has one 3 vote game in the bank, with only 16 more games to go. I also subscribe to a theory that when a player finally starts getting some of the recognition they deserve/a bit of media attention, that this translates into more votes the following season.

Anybody here placed any new bets since the latest draw was released?

At Caulfield tomorrow, Race 4 No 10, Fiorente's Girl, Jockey silks are the North Melbourne Kangaroo away jumper, Mark Dawson is a part owner, as is Mike Sheahan, last 2 runs at provincial tracks have been very good, trained by Hayes and Dabernig, listed at $41 in my Winning Post, may not be city class, but will definitely have the best dressed Jockey, will have a small each way investment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back