Are we in strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Mark, it was brief. Sadly not brief enough.

Allow for the lack of context though mate. He could just as easily be dropping hints for AFL assistance.

Will be tough on the club...assuming a part of the AFL distribution disappears and gate receipts go all together then the shortfall might sit at around 10+mill.......this would need to be offset by a reduction in Footy / Admin which is what $30m annually........so cut that by 50% then you are around the mark.......thats assuming our sponsors dont pull any money out........I can see why the AFL are chasing a line of credit

Anyone got a PDF of the 2019 Financial Report from the 2020 AGM? - I can't find it anywhere on the website (unsurprising lately).

The 2019 link pulls up the 2018 financial statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allow for the lack of context though mate. He could just as easily be dropping hints for AFL assistance.

Most clubs will be looking for AFL assistance. That’s a given. Even some so called big clubs that are dependent on gaming.

What we don’t need is some pillock, masquerading as a club insider, using terms like “fearful”. It’s just adding fuel to the fire that Wilson will be gleefully stoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we punched our cash reserves into the Arden St upgrade.

Looking at 2019, we should have about $3-$3.5m in membership funds held in equity.

We've got about $18m in assets to draw against if needed.

Even if we slash the $44m in revenue, I can't see a scenario where we don't exit 2020 without going +/- $10m into debt.

Just thank christ we aren't like a few others who are already in that amount of debt.

Last edited:
He's been in the public eye since he was 20 years old. His dad has been in the public eye since before Mark was born, and then had a career in the media, as has his brother. He should know by now how the media works. If you think clubs should get AFL assistance, just ******* say it, Mark.

Lack of expansion is fine.

Removal of any team should be at a last on basis is what I am saying.
If you think, in a situation where the number of teams might be reduced, that they’ll consider much beyond the projected financial contributions and/or costs, then I think you might want to think again.

They might use history to justify or explain keeping Melbourne in the league, for example, but it won’t be a reason.

I can see them forcing mergers between us, Dogs, Saints, and GoDees, or saying “We’re only accepting 2 licenses, sort it out,” leaving us to enter into discussions or die.

If you think, in a situation where the number of teams might be reduced, that they’ll consider much beyond the projected financial contributions and/or costs, then I think you might want to think again.

They might use history to justify or explain keeping Melbourne in the league, for example, but it won’t be a reason.

I can see them forcing mergers between us, Dogs, Saints, and GoDees, or saying “We’re only accepting 2 licenses, sort it out,” leaving us to enter into discussions or die.

Naaaaaaaaaah, no way, PR backlash would be lethal, just when they need to attract fans back bigly.

Everyone is saying "Footy will never be the same", including Higgins. What exactly is meant by that I am not clear.
If all clubs are intact, then what?

They should have known better than to group together like that but imagine not calling the police and instead informing the media.

Curtain twitching self important flog she is.

Woah...woah...it was one sentence in 45 minutes of tv.

Wat was more concerning was * 2019 Box with 18 Coaches and Laptops

And still rubbish

Exactly, that's the real target of the AFL out of this.

Thanks God we paid that debt off.

The admin since 2008 have saved the club twice IMO.

Yep.

St Kilda have assets doubling ours, but they also have $10m+ in current loans. They have liabilities to Tab Corp and the local government that are due this year, worth millions

Interestingly our sponsorship arrangements leave theres for dead, by the tune of around $4m P.A, you can probably thank AFLW that.

St Kilda might legitimately walk out of this with $20m+ debt. Given their revenue is low $40m's and they only have $32m in assets, they are definitely going to be skirting the edge, the most in threat from Victorian perspective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back