Are we in strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

D23D yeah I get the fan support, just more curious about the general mood, QLD would always be better off with having only the 3x NRL teams opposed to NSW, just would expect your media to be more reflecting greater concern over the smaller/less viable NRL clubs
Thank you though
I can say from the general mood that League isn't getting a big mention here. I think people are optimistic enough to think that at the very least, they will be lining up to watch their favorite sport next year. Sport is a big deal in Australia. It will be a big deal again but maybe with less money it it for a while.
But that's fine with me, if next year brings $10 general admission and byo drinks, I reckon me and my mates will be just fine!

I used too also, I hammered league when storm entered the comp for a couple of years, i’ll be honest with ya.. its batshit boring and if you think the game can get better, it doesnt.. its still static movement and weve seen the best the game has to offer
I agree, some league games are boring. Some AFL games are boring too. So boring in fact that I rarely watch games that don't involve North.
At least a boring NRL game often has a bloody hard first 15 minutes, and I love watching those blokes smash into each other. Just my opinion

I don't know about that. I live in Brisbane. AFL is still a niche sport and many born and bred QLDers hate the game. All it will mean is poor clubs like Cronulla will vanish.

I’m not worried about the Bronx nation, just worried about who will be around for them to play?

the Roosters?

Who else?

I don't know about that. I live in Brisbane. AFL is still a niche sport and many born and bred QLDers hate the game. All it will mean is poor clubs like Cronulla will vanish.
That's Morrison's team. Let's see if he let's it die.

I’m not worried about the Bronx nation, just worried about who will be around for them to play?

the Roosters?

Who else?

Reckon cowboys could be safe. Not sure what their cash flow is like but they have some massive crowds (relatively speaking for an NRL team).

I signed up months ago for the family at $1500 - reserved seats and all.

I am glad I have done that - because I probably would find it hard to justify now with no games etc.

It's effectively a donation as we will be lucky to have 4 home games in Melbourne this year - but ...suck it up and all that.

I wont be ringing the club for a refund although I know a few who have.
Another post I 100% agree with.

My mate and I both bought our Legends home and away reserve seat memberships again this year, as we have the last 25 years. We're not flush with cash but I would never ask for a refund. I bleed for this club. They're family and they're part of my own family's history and heritage.

I read somewhere that a North supporter in the U.S. just bought 5 memberships to help out the club. In times of great need THAT is the response that true supporters should provide. You start asking for refunds you don't have a club. Not expecting supporters to start buying extra memberships. Hell, many of us won't even have a job soon, and many have already lost their jobs, however asking for a refund on our membership right now is another blow to the club that they can ill afford to take. Let's not forget how much we love this beautiful club and support them in any way we can.

I read somewhere that a North supporter in the U.S. just bought 5 memberships to help out the club. In times of great need THAT is the response that true supporters should provide.

Once upon a time I would give without question, now I need to know who & what is it going to get spent on?

..................and where are the ******* Scanlon's?

They want to control the direction of the club, so they should be the ones forking out the coin right now.

Once upon a time I would give without question, now I need to know who & what is it going to get spent on?

..................and where are the ******* Scanlon's?

They want to control the direction of the club, so they should be the ones forking out the coin right now.
I don't reckon that should be your concern right now, the frivolous s**t that the club will be spending your money on.

For me it is simple, do you want an NMFC that will spend money on 'stuff' as they see fit, or do you want no NMFC?

I don't reckon that should be your concern right now, the frivolous s**t that the club will be spending your money on.

It's certainly not "frivolous" if our future depends on it.

My initial instinct is to trust their direction, due to the fact that they have been prepared to cut so deeply so quickly, but I haven't lost sight of the fact that this is no longer a members controlled club in the way it was sold to us in 2007 just because a media angle has emerged, and the question about the Scanlon's holds water. If they believe they inherited some sort of power over club policy ad infitum in 2007, then they had better hit their pockets very hard right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's certainly not "frivolous" if our future depends on it.

My initial instinct is to trust their direction, due to the fact that they have been prepared to cut so deeply so quickly, but I haven't lost sight of the fact that this is no longer a members controlled club in the way it was sold to us in 2007 just because a media angle has emerged, and the question about the Scanlon's holds water. If they believe they inherited some sort of power over club policy ad infitum in 2007, then they had better hit their pockets very hard right now.
I reckon we worry about that theory in 2021/2022. 2020 - it's just about survival.

How’s the VFL looking? The SANFL is screwed. They rely on revenue from Adelaide Oval, and there’s none coming from there.

I reckon we can kiss our VFL side goodbye.

Might become a ammo competition until they can get up and running again. Probably still alotta people would want to play.

Living
Yeah, maybe the NRL as a business goes, but Rugby League doesn't go as it is too popular in QLD and NSW.
Also, until recently I didn't give two f#$$% for League but with the changing of AFL so much over the last few years, I'm starting to love league and the comparative hardness of the game
Living in Sydney and working in a university I can honestly say I never hear anyone, ever, talk about rugby. Not sure about its popularity, even given its massive TV coverage.

Living

Living in Sydney and working in a university I can honestly say I never hear anyone, ever, talk about rugby. Not sure about its popularity, even given its massive TV coverage.
Rugby League is not really a sport for Uni's, Rugby Union is.
It's a sport for suburban kids from working classes generally.
I doubt there is a heap of talk in cricket season at Uni's too.
Other than sports nuts, people are too busy studying, working part time and trying to get a root

Living

I’ve had friends and family move to Sydney and they say NRL is the only thing they talk about. It’s hugely popular, people just don’t go to games.

Rugby League is not really a sport for Uni's, Rugby Union is.
It's a sport for suburban kids from working classes generally.
I doubt there is a heap of talk in cricket season at Uni's too.
Other than sports nuts, people are too busy studying, working part time and trying to get a root
Union, the game they play in heaven.
League, the game they play in gaol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back