FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh sorry I don't think you understood my question so I'll repeat it:
"Care to run us through some of her actual moves?"

Recently I'd say the choice not to tell Dave that Jacqui was planning to blindside Zach to further her game by exposing Dave while maintaining a solid alliance with him was something that needed to be played quite delicately.

That and staying rock solid with Sharn even after Tarzan mentioned to Mo how disturbingly quickly Sharn had been prepared to flip on Mo to avoid going to rocks. Looked like the wrong move to all of us, proved to be savvy in retrospect.

Aligning with Dave could also be seen as a big move: Mo often said early on that she didn't trust Dave at all, she'd found out about Mat and Dave's agreement and was able to extend that after Mat was gone. Feels like she's played a kind of similar game to Jericho/Pia.

I have no idea where she ended up on the challenge yesterday though, surely once she dug a big enough trench to get under, she should have been able to get past the first part?

I kind of hope Sharn makes it to the final two though, kind of feel like she's going to be smashed by the jury. I think it's close to unanimous even if it's Mo/Sharn. I feel like a couple would be swayed by the 'Mo needs the money more' logic and Sharn has just flipped on too many people.

I can’t remember who it was on but Mo set a move up to get someone voted out and she didn’t have to cast a vote for them, keeping her hands clean. Not the Jacqui one either (another one).

She’s not Dave but if it has to be one of Sharn/Mo I can live with it.
Zach

Yeh sorry I don't think you understood my question so I'll repeat it:
"Care to run us through some of her actual moves?"

Shes probably been one of the savviest players Ive seen on Australian survivor. She made probably the biggest move of the game in creating the Mokuta majority. She had Tarzan and Jacqui. She was good friends with Sharn (who had Lee) outside the show and got rid of Pheobe to draw David (who had Zac) into her alliance. None of those guys wouldve worked together if it weren't for Mo. None of Davids strategies post merge come off if David doesn't have that alliance. When she repeatedly says "these are my people" David is using, she's not completely wrong.

Even in the majority shes been quite smart, working hard at being everyone's number 1 person in her own alliance. She was worried about Zac and Davids relationship and let Jacqui take the fall for getting rid Zac by not talking her out of it or telling David. She was worried about Sharn and David relationship so told her about Davids idol to place doubt in Sharn's mind about David. She even built up an alliance with Brooke at the end as a back up plan in case Brooke made it top 3.

On top of that, she has admitted to underperforming in challenges to not appear threatening which paid off when she was sent to exile. The Vakama crew sent her there thinking she was an easy beat but she won that challenge and was the first person saved.

But if you really want to appreciate Mo's game, think about the fact that shes made it this far without any idols/immunity wins/advantages and in spite of producer twists that have worked against her

Glad to see David get the win last night.

With the set up of the season, you can see why US survivor has made the move first to a final 3, then to fire-making at 4. It would have been great to have a Dave vs Brooke finale, but with a top 2 that is virtually impossible. Even with a pure final 3, it is almost impossible, whereby in a situation like last night, if there are two top contenders, whichever one doesn't win the final 4 challenge gets voted out.

Although you could argue things may have played out differently in the lead up, if the US Survivor system was in place in this season, with David winning immunity at final 4, Brooke would have at least had the chance to make fire to stay in the game, and get through to final 3 vs say David and Mo. While Mo would get no votes, the final vote between Brooke and David would have been very interesting. People sometimes argue that the common presence of a zero-vote finalist in the final 3 is a reason for not having a final 3, but it is actually the reason there should be a final 3, because it provides the best chance for having two competitive players in the final vote. With a final 2 we are looking a second straight clean-sweep vote if David makes it, or a vote between two goats if David doesn't win immunity, so either way it will be a bit anti-climactic.

Jeez you’re a hard taskmaster. I reckon it’s been compelling the whole way.
The start was riveting, since merge it's been controlled and predictable. It was so controlled and predictable in fact that the producers introduced a random fire challenge to try and save AK to make it more interesting because they could see what was happening and how it was playing out.

I'm hoping Dave wins, he is the most deserving there by a country mile. But perhaps him losing the final immunity challenge is the only thing that will make the final episode interesting. If he wins it, it will be irrelevant who he brings because he's beating both of them. Brooke vs Dave vs Sharn would have saved the final 3.

She was in control from pretty much the get go post tribe swap. She manipulated most people into voting the way she wanted every time.

I don't particularly like her and her behaviour towards Phoebe could very easily be called bullying but she played a smart game.
Only slightly better than Tarzan IMO but with a favourable confessional edit to make it seem better than it is.

She's played from a enviable position, with numbers pretty much then entire game with Dave doing all the real work. Never had any bad luck, never had to fight from the bottom, never needed to win immunity to stay in (let alone close to winning any challenges), never found a secret, never found an idol, she's basically claimed other people's moves or group consensus as her own orchestration and her 'pulling the strings'...Please... Tarzan could equally be seen to make that claim if he said that stuff to camera (who knows, he might have) and it was edited right (producers knowing she was going to top 4).

She's played a low-down, straight talking, under-the-rader Sandra-type game based on a really strong alliance of weaker characters and drawing in Dave as a shield... and yes I'll give her credit for that, and for keeping it together - and that's fine, but like Sandra did she's relied upon fortunate circumstance a lot (you must if you don't overtly take control)... so as a winner it would only be just above Kristy or Shane Gould in terms of game-competence (IMO of course)

Last edited:
It’s not a direct comparison but Sandra in the US has won twice and is a very similar player to Mo.

The fact that Mo has been on the right side of a powerful alliance might be some luck but she also put herself there early and has played a smart game to stay to top 3 (at least).

Dave is the most deserving winner no doubt but if he doesn’t make it to final two he can’t win. The fact we have a 3 whereby at least 2 are (in my opinion) deserving winners is a testament to a great season, and I say that as someone who was a pretty big critic of the Aussie survivor originally.

Why would Dave take Mo over Sharn? The whole jury can't stand Sharn
Having said that he beats both of them so it might not matter
No particular basis behind why I said it, that’s why I said gut feel.

Maybe something to do with the authority that he had when he said to Brooke that he’s not afraid to sit next to anyone at the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My odds for winning
David .1.05 and its no betting if he wins immunity
Mo 10/1
Sharn 25/1

Sharn can beat mo because of the salty jury but i doubt it
Would say 50/50 between David & Mo.

David probably a 50% chance to win the final immunity challenge, but can't see him losing if he gets through to the final.

If David loses immunity, then it's likely Mo v Sharn final & can't see Sharn winning.

Would be funny to see the great lawyer as x2 runner-up... though would prefer David v Mo Final (but unlikely as the smart move would be to take Sharn).

Shes probably been one of the savviest players Ive seen on Australian survivor. She made probably the biggest move of the game in creating the Mokuta majority. She had Tarzan and Jacqui. She was good friends with Sharn (who had Lee) outside the show and got rid of Pheobe to draw David (who had Zac) into her alliance. None of those guys wouldve worked together if it weren't for Mo. None of Davids strategies post merge come off if David doesn't have that alliance. When she repeatedly says "these are my people" David is using, she's not completely wrong.

Even in the majority shes been quite smart, working hard at being everyone's number 1 person in her own alliance. She was worried about Zac and Davids relationship and let Jacqui take the fall for getting rid Zac by not talking her out of it or telling David. She was worried about Sharn and David relationship so told her about Davids idol to place doubt in Sharn's mind about David. She even built up an alliance with Brooke at the end as a back up plan in case Brooke made it top 3.

On top of that, she has admitted to underperforming in challenges to not appear threatening which paid off when she was sent to exile. The Vakama crew sent her there thinking she was an easy beat but she won that challenge and was the first person saved.

But if you really want to appreciate Mo's game, think about the fact that shes made it this far without any idols/immunity wins/advantages and in spite of producer twists that have worked against her
Gave you a like as I generally agree and it was well written.

However, the bolded I disagree with. Dave and Sharn have each shown the ability to build relationships with each other and others. I can't remember if Jacqui went to Sharn or Mo first to discuss Zac vote but she involved both. Dave built relationships such that even though Tarzan started out in an alliance with Mo, Mat and Jacqui it's likely or possible that he ended closer to Dave. Dave even had options to play with original Vakuma if he'd wanted and that is the sign of the superior player (which I don't think anyone is questioning) ie that he had multiple valid options.

Mo played a good game post swap but pre swap she seemed too rigid and could have easily gone home if swap had come later. That and her game style pre swap didn't give her great options if she had for instance ended up where Mat did post swap. Mat at least got kept around by Vakuma post swap because he was strong in challenges. How long do you think they would have kept Mo?

Glad to see David get the win last night.

With the set up of the season, you can see why US survivor has made the move first to a final 3, then to fire-making at 4. It would have been great to have a Dave vs Brooke finale, but with a top 2 that is virtually impossible. Even with a pure final 3, it is almost impossible, whereby in a situation like last night, if there are two top contenders, whichever one doesn't win the final 4 challenge gets voted out.

Although you could argue things may have played out differently in the lead up, if the US Survivor system was in place in this season, with David winning immunity at final 4, Brooke would have at least had the chance to make fire to stay in the game, and get through to final 3 vs say David and Mo. While Mo would get no votes, the final vote between Brooke and David would have been very interesting. People sometimes argue that the common presence of a zero-vote finalist in the final 3 is a reason for not having a final 3, but it is actually the reason there should be a final 3, because it provides the best chance for having two competitive players in the final vote. With a final 2 we are looking a second straight clean-sweep vote if David makes it, or a vote between two goats if David doesn't win immunity, so either way it will be a bit anti-climactic.
Pretty sure she did have that chance, but it only applies if it's a tied vote.

Did Mo also underperform in AFLW to not appear threatening to the opposition?

Apart from winning that fire making challenge at Exile she's been almost as bad as AK when it comes to challenges. You can't just put that down to her deliberately underperforming, she's just not that good at them, I'm sure she would have wanted to win that challenge last night to guarantee her spot in the final 3 but she was nowhere near it.

The fact that David paraded his idol in his boot of Phoebe premerge and still managed to hold onto it until the AK vote is insane. He has clearly been the best player this season and assuming the final challenge is an endurance one he has this in the bag easily. Has been great in challenges, great socially, found idols, remained loyal and has made some big moves from the bottom and the top.

Can you tell I’m a David fanboy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back