Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
So I thought this needed it's own thread....

What happens now?
Let's assume (but I doubt it) that players get back on the park in June do we....
- Keep rd 1 scores and two trades between now and June
- Keep rd 1 scores but more (maybe 6) trades
- Start again completely

I'm actually a fan of option 3 as I think this round sucked due to players handling what was hanging over their heads differently plus who knows what could happen between now and then to make players unavailable

Fair question but who knows really? Hard to plan a week ahead let alone 3 months. I would imagine if the 2020 season continues, then fantasy will continue. Can't see why they would reset it completely.

Given the incompetence of the fantasy platform I don't think they'd cope implementing any significant changes on the fly, e.g. squad sizes, number of trades etc.

Like Beau said above, who knows. Personally, I'm happy with just picking it up where we left off if that's even possible. Everyone got kicked in the dick this weekend and I've got half a team I'd love to trade, though I chose them all so it's my burden to carry if fantasy resumes. But shiiiiit, if they want to start again I'm also for that too :sweatsmile:

I think give the weekly prize out to the winner this round then start again in June if the season goes ahead.

Too many players will get dropped or recover from injury, change of positions ect. It would be easier to just start again rather than thinking of what is fair.

Well I called for $1.60 of my $19.95 coach fee back due to the reduced game season.
I'll be writing a letter now.
I need that money for toilet roll.
;-)

Lockout won't be lifted, so what you have, is what you're stuck with.

Wow u guys are really optimistic. I just dont see anyway they will continue in the next few months. Morrison said what happens now is goong to happen for the next 6 months so if borders r closed now it will last roughly that long.

I should have done the free trial of Fantasy coach...oh well, I guess I am supposed to consider it a "donation"

If and a big IF we get the season going again, seeing as it’ll start in round 2, I don’t believe round 1 should be excluded from the scoring. I would like for extra trades to be handed out to factor in change in personnel etc as I think that would be fair and I’d think that even the guys who are inside the top 100 would probably appreciate it.

I think give the weekly prize out to the winner this round then start again in June if the season goes ahead.

Too many players will get dropped or recover from injury, change of positions ect. It would be easier to just start again rather than thinking of what is fair.
Yes, as much as it would suit me to start again, I think this is a good point. It's a bit hard to expect to predict what will happen after a 3 month gap, it's like expecting us to pick a team in November.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should have done the free trial of Fantasy coach...oh well, I guess I am supposed to consider it a "donation"
I'm more annoyed at paying for the Supercoach Season Pass, even without the cancelled season. Doesn't even show you Live scores, need to pay for a Herald Scum sub on top for that. This is a base feature of Fantasy!

I'm more annoyed at paying for the Supercoach Season Pass, even without the cancelled season. Doesn't even show you Live scores, need to pay for a Herald Scum sub on top for that. This is a base feature of Fantasy!
Never understood the attraction to SuperCoach. I guess it demonstrates the influence of Murdoch media

Yes, as much as it would suit me to start again, I think this is a good point. It's a bit hard to expect to predict what will happen after a 3 month gap, it's like expecting us to pick a team in November.
maybe that is why my team is so crap

maybe that is why my team is so crap
Worst worded post by me, glad you understood it. I think my November team would have gone ok. Well, better anyway.

It would be very self serving of me to advocate scrapping it all and starting again because I am already 400 points behind in a shortened season but really too much can happen before it possibly restarts.

There could be mass resting/rotating happening, top ups. You could week by week lose players to injury, yet be expected to replace them all with two trades whenever it re-starts (if ever!). Also, no VFL etc to assess form.

Perhaps you keep your score but allow a total revamp of your team like they did for round 1 a few years ago. Or: keep the same team but only the top 18 scores, like the bye rounds?

I don’t know, no answer will be a very satisfactory one.

One thing I am definite about though, is if we continue with 16 minute quarters you can count me out. That was horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back