Preseason Teams: Rate them, critique them and praise them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the Brouch pick
Hate the Parish pick, you're better than that
Get Whitfield!! I'll eat my hat if he doesn't get at least one 150+ in the first 3 weeks. Imagine him running around in games where everyone is fatigued due to the fixture squeeze, will be unbearable not having him

You’re right...although Whitfield will be $700k by week 4 if he doesn’t score a huge 100 first 2-3 rounds...

Final Team

D Crisp Doc Houston Robbo Zerky DUD (C LOOP) ==Mcasey E LOOP Brander
M Danger Macrae Bont Neale Cog JPK Green Picky ==Brown E LOOP Mcinerney Buda
R Grundy VC Naismith (DUD)
F Whitters Dusty Smithy Brayshaw Taylor King ==Cavarra E LOOP Sturt

final team

D - Lloyd, Laird, Docherty, Houston, Roberton, Cumming, [Starcevich, Gould]
M - Merrett, Coniglio, Mitchell, Adams, Narkle, Rowell, Green, Pickett, [Ash, Robertson, Budarick]
R - Grundy(c), Jacobs, [Williams]
F - Whitfield(vc), Martin, Petracca, Smith, Brander, Taylor, [Cavarra, Sturt]

32k leftover

Final team. Williams, Curnow & Rowbottom my real uniques. 6 gun midfield which did very little but im super glad i got Adams in for Danger which allowed me to get a more expensive rookie in defence (Starcevich). 30k in the bankView attachment 846580
Ive got a fair few issues with this team already. Mainly backline related. Im hoping Brayshaw gets more game time next round and whichever one of Roberton and Cumming that i keep, repays my faith. I use the term 'faith' loosely given i dont actually have faith in either of them, its just likely that i dont have the trades to get rid of both. Would be good to get Sturt in for Cavarra i think. So at the moment i think ill do Roberton > Noble and Cavarra > Sturt

That said, a lot could and probably will change before round 2 starts. Im expecting an extra trade or 2 which could be nice!

Ive got a fair few issues with this team already. Mainly backline related. Im hoping Brayshaw gets more game time next round and whichever one of Roberton and Cumming that i keep, repays my faith. I use the term 'faith' loosely given i dont actually have faith in either of them, its just likely that i dont have the trades to get rid of both. Would be good to get Sturt in for Cavarra i think. So at the moment i think ill do Roberton > Noble and Cavarra > Sturt

That said, a lot could and probably will change before round 2 starts. Im expecting an extra trade or 2 which could be nice!
I was surprised to see that Roberton played a completely negative shut down role. I reckon this was the first time he had been given such a role and I don't think he was very successful at it so I'm hoping he will go back to the role he's more suited to. Playing as the spare defender.
Even if Ratten is determined to continue him in this negative role and he were to have another poor score, it's not as if he will lose heaps of cash.
I'll wait and see what he does in round 2 before deciding what to do with him.

I was surprised to see that Roberton played a completely negative shut down role. I reckon this was the first time he had been given such a role and I don't think he was very successful at it so I'm hoping he will go back to the role he's more suited to. Playing as the spare defender.
Even if Ratten is determined to continue him in this negative role and he were to have another poor score, it's not as if he will lose heaps of cash.
I'll wait and see what he does in round 2 before deciding what to do with him.

Yeah, part of me would like to keep Roberton but if there are decent options like Hill/Young/Doedee available i may pull the trigger, although alternatively i could wait a week for those players to be on the bubble. As you said, it comes down to role for him. There is no doubt about his scoring ability if he is allowed to play more freely.

Personally, there are obvious issues with my backline that id like to fix ASAP but when i think about it, i really could have foreseen this happening given i spent so much on my midfield and told myself that i'd back my backline in (pun not intended). I did plan for the use of a corrective trade or 2 on my backline, with the logic that i wont need as many trades as others to fully upgrade my midfield. Problem is, im really looking at sideways trades and there is obviously no guarantee they come off. Upon reflection, i think ill give Roberton another round. I'll definitely jump on Hill when he is on the bubble

4 trades for round 2

I needed 8 after round 1...

Whitfield to dusty
Gresham to wingard (had wingard all preseason..Gresham scores 33 in round 1. Wingard 101)
Greenwood to bailey smith
Brad crouch to neale

Nothing more surer than every player I trade out scores more than the player I bring in round 2

Having 4 trades is actually giving me grief, given prices change after only 2 rounds. Part of me wants to use 3 or 4 to correct my mistakes with rookies and my backline mid-pricers but there is no obvious way for me to make enough money to do an upgrade so pretty much all potential trades are sideways. 24 trades is a decent amount but its also not so generous that you can afford to make lots of 'corrective' trades based on 1 week of data. Thus, having prices change early has added a level of complexity to the game IMO. In SC with 30 trades, the price changes after 2 games is almost a blessing as you can afford to make more corrective trades and jump on and off a couple players just to make some quick cash. For DT, we really don't have that luxury. So yeah, im confused. I think maybe Brayshaw and Cumming/Roberton will be traded but i dont see myself using all 4 trades available, ill probably look at using just the 2 and maybe a 3rd if team lists throw up a surprise or 2

I needed 8 after round 1...

Whitfield to dusty
Gresham to wingard (had wingard all preseason..Gresham scores 33 in round 1. Wingard 101)
Greenwood to bailey smith
Brad crouch to neale

Nothing more surer than every player I trade out scores more than the player I bring in round 2
Footy’s almost back and glad to see some things haven’t changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back