NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

The leadership of Donald Trump! That figure of 5,002 was 11 days ago. The figure is now 100,717 on March 28th. He is a dangerous FW.
March 29th 124,665. March 30th 140,374. April 2nd 209,071 April 7th 367,385

Last edited:
The leadership of Donald Trump!

How about we focus on EFNL football seeing this is a EFNL forum How would a non EFNL season effect the clubs which at this early stage I prefer.BUT if this did happen how would it effect EFNL staff,no rates from the clubs for the council.Perhaps room/ground developments would be put on hold for 12/18 months.At Mitcham they reckon they about 1 week away from finishing but will constructions workers be the next ones to have no work.Us baby boomers (born just after the 2nd World War) are the lucky ones.Lets hope we all can get back to a normal life sooner and not later.I am missing my footy and sport like all of you but there are more important issues out there right now like jobs,businesses,health ,etc.

How about we focus on EFNL football seeing this is a EFNL forum How would a non EFNL season effect the clubs which at this early stage I prefer.BUT if this did happen how would it effect EFNL staff,no rates from the clubs for the council.Perhaps room/ground developments would be put on hold for 12/18 months.At Mitcham they reckon they about 1 week away from finishing but will constructions workers be the next ones to have no work.Us baby boomers (born just after the 2nd World War) are the lucky ones.Lets hope we all can get back to a normal life sooner and not later.I am missing my footy and sport like all of you but there are more important issues out there right now like jobs,businesses,health ,etc.
Well the thread is talk about anything. Are you a Trump supporter?
As far as the EFNL staff are concerned they are in the same boat as everyone else, unlike AFL footballers who appear to believe they deserve more than everyone else.
It would seem that to assist the economy to recover after the pandemic is over, developments should not be delayed.

As far as the EFNL staff are concerned they are in the same boat as everyone else, unlike AFL footballers who appear to believe they deserve more than everyone else.
It would seem that to assist the economy to recover after the pandemic is over, developments should not be delayed.

Trump at times I like the way he has stood up to countries like North Korea other times I feel he will start world war 3 and we will be all wiped out.Surely councils revenues will be down if they are not getting rates from their sporting clubs over the winter months.If developments are delayed the clubs surely can survive with what they currently have,would hurt the construction industry more I would have thought.But I agree with your last comment.PS Lucky I had that hair cut last week,lol.

Last edited:

If the EFNL can get on the park till June/ July I think to late for senior EFNL football.But how about get our juniors playing 8 or so games and a final series finishing on the last day of September.Of cause making that statement we do not know what is ahead with this virus which is making life so difficult for us all.Still think a shortened season for our senior clubs will hurt us more the no season at all.

Unless there is a vaccine invented by then, no one will play this year. Cricket might not play next year either.
I can't see parents saying it will be OK for their kids to play. Absenteeism at schools last week was around 50%. I'm sure that they were kept at home by their parents and just didn't decide to stay home.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't seen the worst of it yet. Over the coming months the figures will increase remarkably.
It will be during that time when people will start to take things seriously.

If the EFNL can get on the park till June/ July I think to late for senior EFNL football.But how about get our juniors playing 8 or so games and a final series finishing on the last day of September.Of cause making that statement we do not know what is ahead with this virus which is making life so difficult for us all.Still think a shortened season for our senior clubs will hurt us more the no season at all.
This might help put it into perspective.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...s-at-footy-s-grass-roots-20200327-p54ek5.html

The experts don't think the peak of this will occur until June so I cannot see any footy being played this year. Massive challenges for the survival of businesses and many community sporting clubs, especially those that are always on the border line....

If people do the right thing the problem can be managed more effectively - but wait we are such a self centred society and apparently bulletproof going by the numbers at the beaches yesterday. The sooner a total lockdown occurs the better.

The experts don't think the peak of this will occur until June so I cannot see any footy being played this year. Massive challenges for the survival of businesses and many community sporting clubs, especially those that are always on the border line....

If people do the right thing the problem can be managed more effectively - but wait we are such a self centred society and apparently bulletproof going by the numbers at the beaches yesterday. The sooner a total lockdown occurs the better.

You would think those idiots on the St.kilda beach would learn from what happened at Bondi but sadly not.Survival of footy clubs I see no more Northern Blues and perhaps the end of another old great VFA club Preston.Cliff that article you posted from the Age is a good read and pretty accurate I am afraid.

The latest computer modelling suggests that this will be the only person to survive the current COVIND-19 pandemic.
View attachment 848999

Another post you should delete from this forum,have you lost the plot old timer If you are stuggling to find about something to talk about how about Box Hill.Could they be back in the EDNFL some time with the future of the VFL in doubt in its current format.

Last edited:
I'm involved in the EFNL, but not at club level. What does the delayed start to the season mean to clubs? What will the season look like when it can start up? Will it start up? Will every club be able to be involved? Are any in serious danger? Juniors?

Another post you should delete from this forum,have you lost the plot old timer If you are stuggling to find about something to talk about how about Box Hill.Could they be back in the EDNFL some time with the future of the VFL in doubt in its current format.
You need to talk to marstermind old timer.
Besides Hawthorn have already said they are sticking with Box Hill.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back