Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen you diverge from what most of the other conservatives hold true before.

This is a guy/girl that said:

1. conservatives are more generous because they tipped more, from a study on creditcard.com (LOL)
2. guns stop gun crime, from a study that never actually said that
3. Scomo was being selfless by staying in Hawaii, he would be selfish to come back
4. Climate change isn't worth stopping because it's too expensive
5. It was the aborigines' fault that white people broke into their property and be racist at them
6. Trying to justify racist attacks on malaysians during corona because chinese are similar to malaysians
7. You can't tax churches because it'd stop the charities

Not a right wing stan btw, just reads from their bingo book is all

Must be just playing dumb for shits and giggles

While the kids are attempting to derail the thread, let us get back to the discussion at hand.

I would encourage all Australians to do your bit and help ScoMo in these difficult times.

Put your petty differences and ideology aside, and help us stop much needed medical supplies being secretly shipped back to China.

If you see or hear of such behaviour, please report it to police.

well well well.

So other than * CHINA what is your position on this EasternTiger

Seems like pure free market capitalism to me. A perfect demonstration of a completely and totally unregulated neo-liberal system.

I thought this outcome would be ideological pr0n for you

well well well.

So other than fu** CHINA what is your position on this EasternTiger

Seems like pure free market capitalism to me. A perfect demonstration of a completely and totally unregulated neo-liberal system.

I have posted that article all over my social media accounts, and even the lefties were disgusted by the behaviour of that company.

While the kids are attempting to derail the thread, let us get back to the discussion at hand.

I would encourage all Australians to do your bit and help ScoMo in these difficult times.

Put your petty differences and ideology aside, and help us stop much needed medical supplies being secretly shipped back to China.

If you see or hear of such behaviour, please report it to police.

I had people arguing with me on the Dutton thread after he announced a crackdown on such behaviours. They reckon he was a knob and was simply dogwhistling when when he raised the prospect of targetted looting of our supermarkets and goods exported overseas. These boards are infested with people so bitter and twisted they argue against Australia's interests in the middle of a national emergency.

Some of your finest work there. :thumbsu:

You are an incredibly gifted troll Taylor. I'd say the best I have seen on any site.

Not really, scrolls right pass the 2000 words waffling any day because you know it means nothing and leads nowhere in the end

A good troll knows how to get people's attention straight away

1. conservatives are more generous because they tipped more, from a study on creditcard.com (
It's what that study showed.

2. guns stop gun crime, from a study that never actually said that
From memory it said that between 30,000 and millions of crimes were prevented by guns in good people's hands

3. Scomo was being selfless by staying in Hawaii, he would be selfish to come back
To put his face on TV on the front lines would have been making it all about him.

4. Climate change isn't worth stopping because it's too expensive
Climate change is worth stopping with a plan that actually will work and not a token gesture that achieves nothing and costs a fortune

5. It was the aborigines' fault that white people broke into their property and be racist at them
That was me being suspicious of the sort of character portrait in the twitter profile, I shouldn't have assumed anything about their motives or what lead to the altercation. Not a highlight of mine.

6. Trying to justify racist attacks on malaysians during corona because chinese are similar to malaysians
I don't remember this. I remember saying that Malaysia has a bit of a social divide between chinese malays and the indian malays from memory.

well well well.

So other than fu** CHINA what is your position on this EasternTiger

Its a big red neon sign that Australia's best interests are being sold down the river and that Chinese investment in Australia in particular needs to be durastically slowed, stopped or even better reversed.

Not really, scrolls right pass the 2000 words waffling any day because you know it means nothing and leads nowhere in the end

A good troll knows how to get people's attention straight away

I do find the waffle and deliberate evasiveness annoying but the turn of phrase in some of Taylor's posts is quite clever.

Dumb and Dumber (and I am sure you know who I am talking about) I have now put on ignore. I love spirited debate but those two are just here to cuase trouble. They are the kinds of people who will fart in an elevator just before exiting. I couldn't be bothered with them anymore as they are completely disinterested in any point of view that isn't theirs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of your finest work there. :thumbsu:

You are an incredibly gifted troll Taylor. I'd say the best I have seen on any site.

Is a troll a person who has a philosophy that differs from yours
OR
someone who considers the issue & makes up their own mind
OR
a person who can change their view as a situation unfolds
OR
a dill on BF
OR

No, more that you need to not assume positions are fixed, immobile and ubiquitous throughout all people who share the opinion.

I know it's easier to pass judgement on entire swaths of people if they are relatively equal to each other, but individuals come to you as individuals and should really be treated with a blank slate, free of assumptions about what they stand for.
Thanks for the lecture. I deal with facts, logic and reason. You're welcome to respond with same, instead of this airy-fairy Ayn Rand meets Carlos Castaneda poultice you're dishing up.

I had people arguing with me on the Dutton thread after he announced a crackdown on such behaviours. They reckon he was a knob and was simply dogwhistling when when he raised the prospect of targetted looting of our supermarkets and goods exported overseas. These boards are infested with people so bitter and twisted they argue against Australia's interests in the middle of a national emergency.

Yep.

In this thread, their biggest concern over the last few days is whether their pretend girlfriend can get a haircut within the allocated 30 minutes.

Today, they are obsessed with a mods posting history. One of them stalked her and found 7 points that may be considered conservative.

Even Freud would have been baffled.

Yep.

In this thread, their biggest concern over the last few days is whether their pretend girlfriend can get a haircut within the allocated 30 minutes.

Today, they are obsessed with a mods posting history. One of them stalked her and found 7 points that may be considered conservative.

Even Freud would have been baffled.

my concern for the 30min hairdresser issue is the people I know who run their own business.

they can’t operate under such conditions nor do their job with their own safety or their staff’s safety in mind.

a lot are now just closing.

It's s**t behaviour but it's not looting.

Is a troll a person who has a philosophy that differs from yours
OR
someone who considers the issue & makes up their own mind
OR
a person who can change their view as a situation unfolds
OR
a dill on BF
OR

None of the above.

An example would be someone who continually shuts down people by repeatedly using terms like "TDS" and "lunatic left" whilst evading critique of their own position.

I enjoy reading opposing views that are put forward respectfully. You will find two very clear examples in this thread yesterday where I tried to engage in legitimate debate with ET who only replied with condescending memes and insults. I then fired back in kind because I won't be bullied by dickheads. I am happy to hear an opposing view but some people are only interested in pissing off others. ET and his mate BI are now on permanent ignore, which is something I don't like doing but life is too short to deal with people who have the primary intent of causing grief.

I am by no means perfect and have overstepped on more than one occasion, but it is only ever a response. Never to my recollection have I fired the first personal insult.

Last edited:
None of the above.

An example would be someone who continually shuts down people by repeatedly using terms like "TDS" and "lunatic left" whilst evading critique of their own position.

I enjoy reading opposing views that are put forward respectfully. You will find two very clear examples in this thread yesterday where I tried to engage in legitimate debate with ET who only replied with condescending memes and insults. I then fired back in kind because I won't be bullied by dickheads. I am happy to hear an opposing view but some people are only interested in pissing off others. ET and his mate BI are now on permanent ignore, which is something I don't like doing but life is too short to deal with people who have the primary intent of causing grief.

I am by no means perfect and have overstepped on more than one occasion, but it is only ever a response. Never to my recollection have I fired the first personal insult.
Totally agree. The two posters you mention have shown little inclination to deal solely in verifiable facts, and on the rare occasion they put forward some sort of actual constructed argument, will consistently fail to admit error if their argument is disproven.

So why should we have to waste our time reading their schitte? Some sort of corrupted notion of "balance"? (Everyone is entitled to have their argument heard, even when it's plain moronic? Something like that?)

Nup. The Ignore function is your friend.

It's what that study showed.

A study from creditcard.com, lemme just pull up a counter study from cosmopolitan, it'd just about be as valid.

From memory it said that between 30,000 and millions of crimes were prevented by guns in good people's hands

The entire passage of the study quoting how it was inconclusive and it does not show that guns prevent gun crime was written in the actual study, but you of course, chose to ignore it

To put his face on TV on the front lines would have been making it all about him.

Because sipping a coconut in Hawaii isn't about himself, he is sipping it for the Australian people while they burned XD

Climate change is worth stopping with a plan that actually will work and not a token gesture that achieves nothing and costs a fortune

Nope, you are just using the alleged cost as pettifogging to justify doing nothing

Which sums up your entire phony shtick: boring pettifogging

That was me being suspicious of the sort of character portrait in the twitter profile, I shouldn't have assumed anything about their motives or what lead to the altercation. Not a highlight of mine.

Nope, it was you justifying racism and blaming the victim, waffle on with the wordy excuses though.

I don't remember this. I remember saying that Malaysia has a bit of a social divide between chinese malays and the indian malays from memory.

Oh you did, I am not surprised you tried to justify racist attacks though, you have form

I won't feed the obvious troll anymore than I need to, as it's boring and you get a kick out of it, but the whole playing dumb thing is kinda hilarious, everyone knows what you're up to

Brilliant article.

Richard Flanagan knows a thing or two about words, I guess, so his critique of the PM's way of communicating holds considerable weight.

But then he gets going on the broader theme:

"Honesty and truth, inclusion and respect – how much these would do to help ease the fear and growing despair gripping so many Australians.

But none of these things seem to have ever been in Morrison’s nature. The fault is far from his alone: he rose to the top in a system that rewarded the most conspiratorial, where those most brazen with public acts of threat and punishment would be rewarded and celebrated, where the language was always about evasion of truth and avoidance of responsibility.

And at his press conference on Tuesday night he looked a drowning man, panicked, unsure, angry – an ordinary man who finds himself in the most extraordinary circumstances for which his whole history has been unable to prepare him.

As Barnaby Joyce so succinctly put it in his bizarre Christmas Eve video: he had enough government in his life, now he wanted government out of his life.

Only now, hopefully not too late, we are beginning to understand that all that stands between us and the plague’s most horrifying effects is good government, something which we have sought to destroy for some decades, deriding it, dismissing it, downsizing it, underfunding it, and, as witnessed when the Morrison government returned to power, hectoring and bullying it.

And so we reap our bitter harvest.

A system of thought, an idea of the state, a way of running nations, a grossly unequal economy, all that began 40 years ago with Margaret Thatcher’s declaration that there is no such thing as society, must end with the way we respond to this deadly virus.

For the best part of 40 years a language that might have helped us through this catastrophic moment of our history was derided, then lost, and finally forgotten. Us, we, kindness, compassion, truth, community, sharing. It’s time we got these basic words back and with them the truths that underlie them: that we live together but we will, if we allow this virus to succeed, die alone. It’s time the prime minister spoke simply, directly, truthfully. Time to tell us what he doesn’t know and what he does. Time he stopped threatening us for our bad behaviour, time he told us what the plan was and where we are going. Because we are lost and today, more than ever, we need to know. We need leadership and for the foreseeable future we have only Scott to deliver it. But deliver it he must, and stop the evasion, the aggression, the bumbling. Tell us the truth, tell us the plan and keep us informed. That would be a start."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back