News Northern Blues alignment with the Club comes to an end - SAD :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Very sad.

But an opportunity for the club to come out the other side with a more closely aligned systematic VFL team.

Good point.

However the sadness of a 138 football club going out of existence overrides any positive aspects this has for Carlton and our player development (least in the short term)

You have to remember that there would be a sizeable number of staff/workers at the NBFC who have/will lose their jobs over this decision.

I do believe this move was probably a long time coming (splitting our alliance with Preston/Northern FC) but it still feels like a very sad day.

For generations of Preston/Northern Bullants supporters and members and stalwart workers, even on a lesser scale, those same awful feelings of loss and grief they would be feeling right now.

💔💔💔

PRobably a long time coming. I wonder where players like Webb sit who trained with Carlton and signed with Northern? Will they come and be a part of our reserves when things get going again?

Where’s the Pratt family when you need them?

Yes, it is very curious that across the board (afl) they (benefactors) are not getting involved.

I have my tin foil hat on here but I feel like this crisis has presented an opportunity for the industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens to our reserves?
From our CEO....

"Should the VFL season go ahead, Carlton will be offered the opportunity to enter a team of our own and we would obviously be leaning heavily on existing Northern Blues players to complement our listed players."

By memory, I thought there was talk of us looking to form our own VFL team a while back...I can only assume that the cost sharing of resources for both our AFL and VFL teams would be one of the overriding factors in the decision.

They should just merge with another local club.

My junior club St Peter's merged with the old VFA club Geelong West and we're now affiliated with GWS as Geelong West Giants.

GWS even provides a weekend where a heap of our juniors go up to tour their facilities, meet players and go to a game.

A club like Preston should be able to merge and continue in some form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back