Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTTO'S ISTANBUL UPDATE

This virus is really starting to piss me off.
I own an automotive glass wholesale and retail business.
Car windows don't break sitting in the garage.
I need people to be out and about.
Guess I am going to have to engage the Turkish side of my brain and pay a handfull of young punks 50 dollars each to go around breaking car windows. Prop up demand. (I'm only joking people...Of course I'm not going to give them 50 bucks. 20 is more than enough during these hard times.)

Not much else to report. City is a ghost town. Schools have been closed till the end of April as a minimum.
No real panic buying. Markets seem fine. People are buying a few extra items just in case they call a curfew but nothing over the top.

OTTO'S ISTANBUL UPDATE

Car windows don't break sitting in the garage.
I need people to be out and about.
Guess I am going to have to engage the Turkish side of my brain and pay a handfull of young punks 50 dollars each to go around breaking car windows. Prop up demand. (I'm only joking people...Of course I'm not going to give them 50 bucks. 20 is more than enough during these hard times.)

Not much else to report. City is a ghost town. Schools have been closed till the end of April as a minimum.
No real panic buying. Markets seem fine. People are buying a few extra items just in case they call a curfew but nothing over the top.

The crime wave will start soon... have faith.

Your death rate figures are incorrect, from Italian official medical sources: 10 per cent mortality rate, of which only 8% is directly related to C-V.

8% of 10%...
My rate was on outcome only.

Recovered or deceased

I'm not trying to be alarmist and when this is all done, i think the death rate will sit well under 5%. But it is a snapshot into how dire it is in Italy

Last edited:
OTTO'S ISTANBUL UPDATE
Car windows don't break sitting in the garage. I need people to be out and about.
Guess I am going to have to engage the Turkish side of my brain and pay a handfull of young punks 50 dollars each to go around breaking car windows. Prop up demand. (I’m only joking people...Of course I'm not going to give them 50 bucks. 20 is more than enough during these hard times.)

Lol great read.

the non $50 as $20 is more than enough is pure gold.

Needed that laugh.

Stay well Otto. give my best to your dungeon keep WalterBlaknWhte

The common cold is not a single virus. Dozens of quite different respiratory viruses can cause the common cold
Fair enough. I read somewhere the covid19 comes in at least two variations. But maybe thats the same virus, just a different mutation whereas you are pointing out the common cold is the name used for completely different viruses. I'm just speculating on why there was some information suggesting recovered victims of covid19 tested positive again.

Fair enough. I read somewhere the covid19 comes in at least two variations. But maybe thats the same virus, just a different mutation whereas you are pointing out the common cold is the name used for completely different viruses. I'm just speculating on why there was some information suggesting recovered victims of covid19 tested positive again.
I had a look on the WHO site a few days ago.
There have been claims of people getting it twice but nothing confirmed by the WHO.
Probably unlikely that you can.
What they don't know is how long you remain immune for.
6 months, 1 year, 3 years etc. Not enough data for that yet

Just watched 7.30 Report on ABC and medical staff were concerned about shortage of mask.

Yesterday went to get a script filled and saw lots of people walking around wearing masks, asked the Chemist where they got them from and was told they had some weeks ago but sold out. So who is selling them. It is strange as I thought they were not affect wearing them, only to be used if you have the virus so it doesn't spread.

Hope people are not buying without understanding and medical staff missing out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but until then the only people potentially winning from this are big pharma, IMO...

If a long lock down occurs I think you're forgetting another big winner.

Divorce lawyers!

Just watched 7.30 Report on ABC and medical staff were concerned about shortage of mask.

Yesterday went to get a script filled and saw lots of people walking around wearing masks, asked the Chemist where they got them from and was told they had some weeks ago but sold out. So who is selling them. It is strange as I thought they were not affect wearing them, only to be used if you have the virus so it doesn't spread.

Hope people are not buying without understanding and medical staff missing out.

We sold all our masks to china.

Chinese government is hoarding tens of millions of them and hand them out to important people and loyalists.

200.gif

jmac70 virtual hug me!

There's a lot more where that came from.
I’m not sure what you posted supports that they have hoarded masks and are supplying them to only important people.

It’s not surprising that the Chinese, being the first hit, would be organising to protect themselves. It’s not a conspiracy against the world.

My cousin last week left Victoria to take up a new position in Darwin with the Aboriginal Community.......she is a leading Psychologist in Australia and I love her so much.

It is such a s**t time for all of us atm but we have been chatting today and just to put things in perspective she has been stopped from going into the communities today in her first week.

Stay safe people and do the right thing because as a Victorian I think we will be in complete lock down from this weekend.

She sent me this pic enjoy.......😘

2BE76B9F-AE84-4CFC-8341-42FBAEF19D66.jpeg

My cousin last week left Victoria to take up a new position in Darwin with the Aboriginal Community.......she is a leading Psychologist in Australia and I love her so much.

It is such a s**t time for all of us atm but we have been chatting today and just to put things in perspective she has been stopped from going into the communities today in her first week.

Stay safe people and do the right thing because as a Victorian I think we will be in complete lock down from this weekend.

She sent me this pic enjoy.......😘

View attachment 847305
good at graphs. bad at spelling

I’m not sure what you posted supports that they have hoarded masks and are supplying them to only important people.

It’s not surprising that the Chinese, being the first hit, would be organising to protect themselves. It’s not a conspiracy against the world.

Oh, I have been to China a lot of times, it's common knowledge the Government gets access to things like masks before the common people. They have direct control over the factories, and obviously look after themselves and their allies #1. This isn't a conspiracy, it's just how the world works in China.

Oh, I have been to China a lot of times, it's common knowledge the Government gets access to things like masks before the common people. They have direct control over the factories, and obviously look after themselves and their allies #1. This isn't a conspiracy, it's just how the world works in China.
So what you are posting is your opinion/guess/extrapolation based upon your limited experience?

Im in no way defending the Chinese government by the way.

And you posted a link to support your claims from the Daily Mail? That’s one of the notoriously unreliable newspapers on the face of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back