Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. Part 2 * CONTINUED ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED *

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Democrats were voicing concerns the virus was a serious threat that was not being adequately responded to. He called those valid concerns a hoax. He said it was totally under control. He said it would go away by April. He said back in Feb that cases would be close to zero within days.

Now he’s totally f’ed it up, he sets to gaslighting the public, blaming China for lack of early warning, he attacks Gov Cuomo after admiration was expressed over his leadership in this crisis and #PresidentCuomo started trending.

No surprise the US is our leading source of infection. The man is a buffoon who puts lives at risk to serve his own insecurities and self interest.

I agree with you. He has done ****ed up here. But people saying he called the virus a hoax are just still triggered by him being President.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
According to Chinese media yes
Same Chinese media that has made it common knowledge among Chinese residents that the virus did not begin there but in the US.

The media run by the government that suppressed news of the virus for a critical three weeks.

But why are we pretending this hasn't all been an operation by the Chinese to put the final nail in the coffin of US hegemony while destabilizing the global economy and threatening Western society. It's all been set up to perfectly to benefit China for this to not have been done intentionally. "Wet markets" my ass.

Yeah, but let's just believe the WHO - lead by an Ethiopian who has been accused of multiple coverups previously. The guy who lambasted countries like US and Australia for closing their borders to China while heaping praise on China's containment of it through stringent lockdowns. That seems to match up. The organisation perpetuated Chinese lies about the virus not being able to spread from person to person.

If I were more optimistic, I would hope that this would significantly erode trust in international organisations and help states move towards regaining some semblance of sovereign identity, but even if major national leaders did decide to do so, it's probably too late for the West.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
The Democrats were voicing concerns the virus was a serious threat that was not being adequately responded to. He called those valid concerns a hoax. He said it was totally under control. He said it would go away by April. He said back in Feb that cases would be close to zero within days.

Now he’s totally f’ed it up, he sets to gaslighting the public, blaming China for lack of early warning, he attacks Gov Cuomo after admiration was expressed over his leadership in this crisis and #PresidentCuomo started trending.

No surprise the US is our leading source of infection. The man is a buffoon who puts lives at risk to serve his own insecurities and self interest.

What a selective view of history. I seem to recall the media spreading misinformation when Trump closed the border couching it in terms like 'the overreaction of a xenophobe'. The Democrats agreed. They were at the time more interested in continuing to hold their weekly hearing on the effects of flavoured e cigarettes.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

So you mean Trump did the same thing the CCP did when doctors in Wuhan were voicing concerns the virus was a serious threat that was not being adequately responded to, except Trump didn't try to silence the Democrats like the CCP silenced the doctors.

The CCP also put lives at risk with their cover up out of self interest and to save face and now they are trying to blame America for the pandemic.

Basically everything you're accusing Trump of doing the CCP did as well, except their denials and inaction affected the whole world and not just the US.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I seem to recall the media spreading misinformation when Trump closed the border couching it in terms like the overreaction of a xenophobe.
When the US closed its borders, the WHO jumped on the bandwagon saying they weren't advising countries to do so. That's the organisation we should be placing trust in for global health matters.

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
"Wet markets" my ass.
Tend to agree with my tin foil hat on and have smelt a rat for a while. Originally this was said to be a disease emanating from a Chinese lab in Wuhan. The story went along the lines of scientists having discovered a cave where the species of bat had some peculiar DNA. The virus escaped the lab. 100% I read that early doors. Now it is the ‘wet markets.’ The shift surprised me that the blame was now on poor hygiene in the butchering process.
This is a bit like the Transformers...more than meets the eye.
I wouldn’t be surprised if more than China are complicit. How else would you explain such inept leadership worldwide. NSW and their cruise ship fiasco beggars belief. Have heads rolled over that? Populations are watching in horror and in many cases being let down leaders.
Why?

But why are we pretending this hasn't all been an operation by the Chinese to put the final nail in the coffin of US hegemony while destabilizing the global economy and threatening Western society. It's all been set up to perfectly to benefit China for this to not have been done intentionally. "Wet markets" my ass.
Because we'd know if a virus was bio-engineered from studying its genome. There is no evidence to that, but plenty to suggest zootonic influence.

Now it is the ‘wet markets.’ The shift surprised me that the blame was now on poor hygiene in the butchering process.
When you have thousands of live, exotic animals in filthy locations all tightly packed against each other, having morons gawk at them as they're flayed alive - why would it be any surprise disease transmission is increased?

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
He was wrong to dismiss the growing concerns a hoax.

He did not call the virus a hoax. He did not call concerns about the virus a hoax. He likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the Coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax."

Hope we've cleared this up now.

No one has said that though, so it’s really just a straw man argument.

Nothing triggered about it. He was wrong to dismiss the growing concerns a hoax.

Then let's just move on with the discussion. 🙂

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
When you have thousands of live, exotic animals in filthy locations all tightly packed against each other, having morons gawk at them as they're flayed alive - why would it be any surprise disease transmission is increased?
Because as I asked why the shift in story. Relax the rhetoric and push your agenda another time, you can save all the animals later. Why did the story change?

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
seriously, fu** these stupid dumb s**t campaigner hippy healer fu**s and their ******* bullshit crystal and onion fu** juice cures for every ******* disease. its about time these s**t campaigners got held responsible for the ******* harm they cause and charged with murder or at least manslaughter for every person who dies using one of their shitty magic medicines instead of going to a ******* doctor. same goes for religious 'healers'. if a single person dies of corona because they anal beaded some rocks instead of going to the doctor (or caught it from one of these hippy campaigners who didnt isolate cause thats bad for their chakras) these campaigners should be put in jail. it should be illegal to give out anything but vague medical advice for minor conditions like colds.

https://www.whimn.com.au/strength/h...t/news-story/2f0fabf16f2664efc5a31c5b3ef0643e
Agree with your sentiment. But deep breaths mate! Stress ain't good for the immune system .
Could be worse. A dude died after taking the 'miracle drug' chloroquine trump was banging on about. At least scomo isnt on that level of s**t bloke

Agree with your sentiment. But deep breaths mate! Stress ain't good for the immune system .
Could be worse. A dude died after taking the 'miracle drug' chloroquine trump was banging on about. At least scomo isnt on that level of s**t bloke

A lot of Trump hate tonight. 🙂

Trump referred to a medicine which a citizen misinterpreted but somehow it's Trump's fault. Lol

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
"this is their new hoax."
What is ‘this‘ though? Does it have a context because you would have thought ‘this’ was Coronavirus.
Or ‘this’ something else?
If ‘this’ is Coronavirus then I think it safe to say he called it a hoax.
Really though ‘this’ all matters little now the US find themselves in an absolute shitstorm and there is little point debating this irrelevant rhetoric. Trump has messed up royally. And he still rambles like a deluded fool.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
What a selective view of history. I seem to recall the media spreading misinformation when Trump closed the border couching it in terms like the overreaction of a xenophobe. The Democrats agreed. They were at the time more interested in continuing to hold their weekly hearing on the effects of flavoured e cigarettes.

I live in the US and have people dear to me stranded in China by the travel ban, so it’s all a little closer to home for me.

Those criticisms were wrong and I said so at the time. I was aware how serious this situation was. I actually wanted a signatory pact banning travel from countries who didn’t join the ban, as temp screenings were obviously useless with this virus and knew of people flying out to Japan to cop the 14 day delay to onward travel.

But Trump calling the growing concerns a hoax had nothing to do with criticisms over the travel ban. That‘s just revisionist bullshit.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco

So someone self medicates with the wrong drug based on a flawed understanding. It happens all the time and of course I agree with you, it's highly regettable.

Imagine this scenario. Imagine Trump never said anything about the drug. They could quite easily have come to the same flawed conclusion and acted in exactly the same way after Cuomo announced he was starting a trial to treat covid-19 after purchasing almost a million doses of that and other drugs. I can guarantee the media would not blame Cuomo as they have done Trump.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
I live in the US and have people dear to me stranded in China by the travel ban, so it’s all a little closer to home for me.

Those criticisms were wrong and I said so at the time. I was aware how serious this situation was. I actually wanted a signatory pact banning travel from countries who didn’t join the ban, as temp screenings were obviously useless with this virus and knew of people flying out to Japan to cop the 14 day delay to onward travel.

But Trump calling the growing concerns a hoax had nothing to do with criticisms over the travel ban. That‘s just revisionist bullshit.

I agree with everything but your final sentence. He did not call "growing concerns" a hoax. I addressed this flawed concept in #2,436.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
What is ‘this‘ though? Does it have a context because you would have thought ‘this’ was Coronavirus.
Or ‘this’ something else?
If ‘this’ is Coronavirus then I think it safe to say he called it a hoax.

Snopes says ...

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax."

Maylandsman

🐯EAT ‘EM ALIVE🐯
Oct 22, 2017
By the Seaside
AFL Club
Richmond
So someone self medicates with the wrong drug based on a flawed understanding.

They got the name wrong and seen a similar name on some fish pellets? Tank cleaner? something to with fish in tanks. And decided to ingest the wrong thing.
Old girl got crook as a dog and old boy died in hospital.

Because as I asked why the shift in story. Relax the rhetoric and push your agenda another time, you can save all the animals later. Why did the story change?
What shift? People were blaming the wet markets a lot earlier than your "it's a bio-weapon" nonsense which you have no proof of.

PS. You can be critical of China's handling of this as well as critical of barbarism. It is not mutually exclusive. You'll find the majority of my posts warn about the significance of this virus, also the post I made puts specific emphasis on greater risk of disease transmission rather than cruelty to animals. Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back