Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
ALL THE THINGS THAT KEEP YOU HEALTHY. AND YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM STRONG ARE. NOW ILLEGAL LOL..

IIT GIVES YOU THE SHITS, HENCE WHY NO TOILET PAPER.
No toilet paper is from scalpers/hoarders. They give me the shits!
I’ve yet to see an actual TP in the shops in the last 1-2 months. Luckily my wife knows where to get them near her mother’s place.

I am hoping that even during lockdown we are able to.still.go out.for a.daily walk.

I personally am using the time I would usually travel to work to extend my daily morning walk length.

Given the spread of housing in oir suburb and the fact the playgrounds have been fenced off, I dont see this as a risky activity.

My wife is an essential admin worker in the publoc health service. That is far more riskier.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I honestly would hope so too (allowed to go for walks). You can still do this and adhere to social distancing rules. Benefits of walking:
- cardiopulmonary fitness
- bone and muscle strength maintenance
- Vitamin D (from sunlight)
- better physical health generally benefits mental health also.

I am hoping that even during lockdown we are able to.still.go out.for a.daily walk.

I personally am using the time I would usually travel to work to extend my daily morning walk length.

Given the spread of housing in oir suburb and the fact the playgrounds have been fenced off, I dont see this as a risky activity.

My wife is an essential admin worker in the publoc health service. That is far more riskier.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I hope not. I was down at the beach a couple of days ago. It was like a summer carnival atmosphere, everyone relaxing, chilling out, BBQs at full throttle, smoking, just an entertaining time. Families spending time together playing games, elderly absolutely clueless to what is going on, kids roaming free. What social isolation, if anything, the pandemic has made people get out of the house and be amongst each other.

This was at Henley, Glenelg and Brighton too.

I honestly would hope so too (allowed to go for walks). You can still do this and adhere to social distancing rules. Benefits of walking:
- cardiopulmonary fitness
- bone and muscle strength maintenance
- Vitamin D (from sunlight)
- better physical health generally benefits mental health also.

I agree with what your saying, but the general public thinks differently. See my post above.

not many people would take a post that highlights that they’re not employees, and then proceed to boringly drone on about their own experience as an employee

I’ll say it again, they’ve got contracts and they’re not bound to amend them

they’ve made an offer and have asked for more transparency before increasing that offer

seems entirely reasonable to me.

a better question might be what is the league is trying to hide? Why not show them

Force majeure could be applied if the AFL wishes I'd guess, rendering the contract terminated. I'd say it may be common to exercise this clause in the current climate.

I wonder what it's like for the few hundred homeless in the cbd. It must be spooky. They have no income now from begging. All the soup kitchens shut and they know sars-cov2 is coming for them like a grim reaper. Suicide will have spiked.

Force majeure could be applied if the AFL wishes I'd guess, rendering the contract terminated. I'd say it may be common to exercise this clause in the current climate.

Then it would IMO all come down to if any more AFL games could be played in 2020 or not. If not, most definitely.

You could argue that playing R1, actually could work against the AFL. That is they got 9 games in?

I wonder what it's like for the few hundred homeless in the cbd. It must be spooky. They have no income now from begging. All the soup kitchens shut and they know sars-cov2 is coming for them like a grim reaper. Suicide will have spiked.

I drove through the city yesterday, the homeless were not seen in their usual places of setting up shop on the side of the road on King William Road.

Also, i woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep, just want to know - can I get a haircut today?

You can but you can't get your legs waxed or nails done while getting your hair cut.

Oh and you'll turn into a pumpkin if the appointment lasts 30 minutes, though I think the fairy Godfather changed that rule

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have any hotspots in our state as Vic and NSW have done?

Also would be interesting to know the breakdown of where those that tested positive came from or would that involve an inflammatory response by the public which is why its not being stated?
Over 50% had come from USA last time I saw the list.

but is it? - their death rate / number of cases is well down on China, Italy, Spain, Iran. Maybe this % will rise and maybe not
Give it time. Most people who die do so 2+ weeks after becoming infected. This results in a time lag between skyrocketing infections and skyrocketing deaths.

Give it time. Most people who die do so 2+ weeks after becoming infected. This results in a time lag between skyrocketing infections and skyrocketing deaths.
The first case of Corona Virus in the USA was 19th January this year. Since then numbers have grown and grown so there has been a significant amount of time lapse to get to the figures they have. I'd say at a guess that their health system is holding up far better than most of the rest of the world but remember in the USA, individual states hold many powers that the Feds don't which means that responses are somewhat piecemeal in their application despite the assistance of the federal government - maybe why some areas are having a much much greater concentration of cases than others as the responses state to state vary

Yep. Watching CNN and some of the figures are starting to look real scary. California starting to take off now too. It's about to go exponential. And Trump wants everyone to get back to work in weeks.
Yet the NYC are organising refrigerator trucks to be deployed near hospitals and around the city. Hmmm.. wonder what they're for..

And vice versa which would render players out of contract free agents m

I don’t think that option will be available to either party

Agree to a certain extent. Depends on how bad it get financially for the league.

But that's beside the point...you were arguing the players couldn't just be sacked like an employee etc. as they are contracted. Yes they can under force majeure. Same result.

Now whether it gets to that...yes that's a different argument and discussion.

Last edited:
The first case of Corona Virus in the USA was 19th January this year. Since then numbers have grown and grown so there has been a significant amount of time lapse to get to the figures they have. I'd say at a guess that their health system is holding up far better than most of the rest of the world but remember in the USA, individual states hold many powers that the Feds don't which means that responses are somewhat piecemeal in their application despite the assistance of the federal government - maybe why some areas are having a much much greater concentration of cases than others as the responses state to state vary

It may also be like Italy where the North silk industry was reliant on China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back