Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
played golf yesterday

If you spent the day entirely swinging, it would be a decent workout, especially if you swapped sides while swinging.

Muscles used:

Lateral Rotators of the Hips
Lateral Rotators of the Spine
Primary Movers of the Arms
Extensors of the Forearms
e Arms
Primary Movers of the Wrists (right handed)

Golf-Muscles-Blue.jpg

If you spent the day entirely swinging, it would be a decent workout, especially if you swapped sides while swinging.

Muscles used:

Lateral Rotators of the Hips
Lateral Rotators of the Spine
Primary Movers of the Arms
Extensors of the Forearms
e Arms
Primary Movers of the Wrists (right handed)

Golf-Muscles-Blue.jpg
bit of walking, up and down many hills too

So I get to my home gym today, things that irritate me:

1. Having to unload and reload weights, each and every f**king time.
2. Having to be careful to not damage my equipment or my household items when I drop my weights.
3. Worrying if the weights will come off mid exercise and fly through a TV.
4. Having to watch youtube beforehand and find new ways to do a few exercises I havent done in ages.
5. The girl on the balcony opposite my house is not checking me out, no matter how loud or heavy I pretend to lift.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I get to my home gym today, things that irritate me:

1. Having to unload and reload weights, each and every f**king time.
2. Having to be careful to not damage my equipment or my household items when I drop my weights.
3. Worrying if the weights will come off mid exercise and fly through a TV.
4. Having to watch youtube beforehand and find new ways to do a few exercises I havent done in ages.
5. The girl on the balcony opposite my house is not checking me out, no matter how loud or heavy I pretend to lift.
Get gigantic hollow plastic plates, that will impress her. 😂😂

So, I'm limited with how heavy I can lift due to limited equipment, what's the best option here? Super slow reps? Power training?

Get gigantic hollow plastic plates, that will impress her. 😂😂

So, I'm limited with how heavy I can lift due to limited equipment, what's the best option here? Super slow reps? Power training?

I would say "Go Hard, or Go Home". But youre already at home. :drunk:

Personally and Im open to others that think differently here, for the first couple of weeks, just get used to the feel of doing everything at home, I usually adopt this approach when I first go to the gym and have my first few days at the gym. Dont focus too much on going heavy or changing too much. For most of us, we are changing our routine, that alone is a good enough shock to the system.

After that, I would suggest either high reps or as you mentioned super show reps, to get that time under tension muscular damage happening.

After a month, then you can try to go hard at home and try different things to juice up your workouts. For the time being, keep it simple.

Thoughts? Anyone else different opinion here?

Personally and Im open to others that think differently here, for the first couple of weeks, just get used to the feel of doing everything at home, I usually adopt this approach when I first go to the gym and have my first few days at the gym. Dont focus too much on going heavy or changing too much. For most of us, we are changing our routine, that alone is a good enough shock to the system.

After that, I would suggest either high reps or as you mentioned super show reps, to get that time under tension muscular damage happening.

After a month, then you can try to go hard at home and try different things to juice up your workouts. For the time being, keep it simple.

I think an alternative method could be to stack on the kgs via eating s**t food, shocking the system. Then when gyms re-open get stuck into it and see them gains :D

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Sounds logical. Going heavy isn't an option as a don't have enough weights at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds logical. Going heavy isn't an option as a don't have enough weights at this stage.

I think you and those that train at home will be fine up to about a 3 month period.

Any longer and we are all screwed here. It may even deter people from ever going back, being too hard and too much work to get back to where they were.

I think you and those that train at home will be fine up to about a 3 month period.

Any longer and we are all screwed here. It may even deter people from ever going back, being too hard and too much work to get back to where they were.

If the covids win for 3 months the last thing on societys mind will be gym and fitness.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!

Is that all you are worried about?

I can't see how all of sudden 3 months is some magic number as a point of no return.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I could see it happening. People losing jobs. Starting new jobs. Will be highly stressful for some. Going to gym might be unaffordable or too mentally taxing.

Cost is different to what Grotto is thinking, IMO. He believes people will give up because they've had to long off. Just seems to be a very narrow minded view to everything that is going.

Gyms will be hit hard like the hospitality industry, but there will be opportunities for some to take (in businesses sense) once the restrictions are lifted.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cost is different to what Grotto is thinking, IMO. He believes people will give up because they've had to long off. Just seems to be a very narrow minded view to everything that is going.

Gyms will be hit hard like the hospitality industry, but there will be opportunities for some to take (in businesses sense) once the restrictions are lifted.
Yeah, I can still see some people bring too mentally drained to restart. Maybe not forever, but for a while

Dont be obtuse, thats not what I was thinking at all. :rolleyes:

Outside of workouts relating to posters, this isnt the place to be discussing the ramifications of the Coronavirus. FFS.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can still see some people bring too mentally drained to restart. Maybe not forever, but for a while

6 months is a terribly long time, some of us sure planned ahead for this gym Armageddon. Some have not, when gyms reopen you will get the initial spike, but after a month like New Years resolutions, it will drop off dramatically.

The one thing I hated about a break, is the pain of restarting from "scratch". Its the most challenging aspect of going to the gym and can be enough to end it too.

6 months is a terribly long time, some of us sure planned ahead for this gym Armageddon. Some have not, when gyms reopen you will get the initial spike, but after a month like New Years resolutions, it will drop off dramatically.

The one thing I hated about a break, is the pain of restarting from "scratch". Its the most challenging aspect of going to the gym and can be enough to end it too.

I do it monthly. First sesh is hell.! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back