Chess

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Candidates still going on (somehow), thought it would be good to have a general chess thread and this seems like the place to do it. Might fall flat.

Here's the Candidates scores after Round 6:

1585140400413.png

Why not start an online BigFooty competition?

I have no idea how chess tournaments work but I'd be happy to promo something, put up a prize and so on.

Id love to but would there be the interest I guess. From a search not much discussion on these forums. It would be the right time though with the tournament being suspended.

I think there'd be a lot with interest that don't talk about it on a footy forum.

I had a look around and I could put up a BigFooty club on Chess.com. We could gauge interest by how many people join?

That’s a great idea, especially as I have a chess.com account (haven’t used it for years!). Very happy to manage/arrange things if there’s enough interest.

That’s a great idea, especially as I have a chess.com account (haven’t used it for years!). Very happy to manage/arrange things if there’s enough interest.

Thank you so much for this!

Thank you so much for this!
So I will set up an account with a club.

I will promote it, and see what response we get.

If we get a good response, we can set up a tournament. If not, let the club run for a bit and see if it builds up. It's like $4 a month so no biggie.

I hope I can give you some sort of admin access to start/run a tournament? I honestly don't know how it works and, while I know how to play, I don't play Chess much so I wouldn't be in the tournament.

So I will set up an account with a club.

I will promote it, and see what response we get.

If we get a good response, we can set up a tournament. If not, let the club run for a bit and see if it builds up. It's like $4 a month so no biggie.

I hope I can give you some sort of admin access to start/run a tournament? I honestly don't know how it works and, while I know how to play, I don't play Chess much so I wouldn't be in the tournament.

It’s actually super simple to set up a tournament on chess.com, once you have a club.

Looking at the roles you’d be a Super Admin (https://support.chess.com/article/336-what-are-the-different-club-roles). Then you can make me whichever of the roles you wish (Coordinator, Admin or Super Admin) and I can take it from there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I missed something, I thought MLV wasn't invited to candidates and Aleeksenko was invited instead. What happened?

So that is true, Aleeksenko came in for MVL. However, when Radjabov withdrew because he didn’t feel it was safe to play due to Coronavirus, MVL got invited to replace him.

It’s now really interesting what will happen. FIDE just want to play the 2nd half of the tournament when things are okay, but Radjabov has already appealed, saying he should now be able to play as he has been vindicated.

So that is true, Aleeksenko came in for MVL. However, when Radjabov withdrew because he didn’t feel it was safe to play due to Coronavirus, MVL got invited to replace him.

It’s now really interesting what will happen. FIDE just want to play the 2nd half of the tournament when things are okay, but Radjabov has already appealed, saying he should now be able to play as he has been vindicated.
Ah ok. Makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back