NFL 2020 - Off-Season Player News & General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The voice of reason transitions to the dark side with GG. We truly are doomed. :(

Wait, I've got a better one, the voice of reason becomes the voice of treason ...ty, ty. I'm here all week.

[Sessler] Daily reminder that SAM BRADFORD made $129,982,500 to go 34-48-1. Never made a Pro Bowl or All-Pro team. Never started a playoff game. Very possibly lives in a castle right now off the coast of some majestic ocean.

Or in ChockNurris basement. 😉

Saints signed CB Janoris Jenkins to a two-year, $16.75 million extension through 2022.
This was mainly a way to open up cap space for 2020, but the Saints like Jenkins enough after acquiring him off waivers from the Giants late last season. Jenkins is entering his age-32 season but received really strong marks from Pro Football Focus in three games with New Orleans. He gives the Saints a capable starter opposite No. 1 corner Marshon Lattimore.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 25, 2020, 10:03 AM ET

The NFL should make week 17 into rivalry round

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bengals are open to keeping Andy Dalton for the 2020 season.
Rapoport said, "All options are still on the table." The Bengals spent the last few weeks trying to find a trade partner, but there are fewer potential landing spots after all of last week's moves. Cincinnati is still holding out hope that a team like the Patriots come calling, but most around the league believe Dalton is more likely to be released than traded at this point. Because Dalton's contract has no guaranteed money, the Bengals can afford to be patient with their Dalton decision. It's possible that Dalton serves as a veteran mentor to Joe Burrow. It's also possible that he's released this week.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 25, 2020, 7:48 PM ET

The NFL should make week 17 into rivalry round

Don't they already sorta do that making week 17 divisional matchups throughout for the last few seasons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it Curtis Samuel is on the trading block. Just after i said on Wednesday that the Anderson signing made no sense with Samuel and Moore on the roster.

Another Panther move I correctly predict before time this offseason? Like white on rice Ive been.

Ravens team president Dick Cass expects the coronavirus pandemic to lead to the cancellation of all offseason activities.

“I just don’t think the OTAs are going to happen at all,” Cass said. “I hope I’m wrong. I’m hoping we can get some players in (the facility) in June, but I’m sort of doubtful of that.” Cass said training camp was the most realistic return date for team activities. Even that, of course, is far from certain in the most uncertain of times. For now, the NFL is steaming ahead with the draft even though many of the league's general managers are reportedly unhappy with the decision. The executives feel they need more time to prepare with the lack of Pro Days and in-person evaluations.

Source: baltimoreravens.com

Mar 26, 2020, 2:49 PM ET

Ravens team president Dick Cass expects the coronavirus pandemic to lead to the cancellation of all offseason activities.

“I just don’t think the OTAs are going to happen at all,” Cass said. “I hope I’m wrong. I’m hoping we can get some players in (the facility) in June, but I’m sort of doubtful of that.” Cass said training camp was the most realistic return date for team activities. Even that, of course, is far from certain in the most uncertain of times. For now, the NFL is steaming ahead with the draft even though many of the league's general managers are reportedly unhappy with the decision. The executives feel they need more time to prepare with the lack of Pro Days and in-person evaluations.

Source: baltimoreravens.com

Mar 26, 2020, 2:49 PM ET
If there’s no OTAs then there’s no rookie tryouts, no rookie minicamps etc. I can’t see how everything fits together with a draft that has no pro days preceding it, and no tryouts afterwards

If there’s no OTAs then there’s no rookie tryouts, no rookie minicamps etc. I can’t see how everything fits together with a draft that has no pro days preceding it, and no tryouts afterwards
I think the NFL just wants to ensure a draft happens...that teams get the players from college that are eligible. All the other stuff, they figure, can work itself out once the covid restrictions are lifted in society. But to entirely miss out on on grabbing all those college players would be a bit devastating for the NFL.

If I was the Raiders I would be hitting up BoB for Watson if he wants to get out. Carr plus a first... although he may take less.

A lot of teams have probably already done so. BB probably gets him for nothing when he's a free agent next. Pats new dynasty. Yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back