Streaming Ozark - Netflix

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. The only baddie they have left is crazy redneck woman isn't it? More cartel dudes and/or more rednecks I guess. Rinse and repeat.

Buddy was a big loss.
I love that they developed Buddy into an ally
I was worried at the first episode that he was just going to be some creepy old guy that walked around nude

Loved Season 1. Started to watch Season 2, Episode 1 with the wife the other night. Without a recap of where things were left in Season 1, we were completely lost. I was prepared to persevere, but the wife said NO!

I thought there was a quick recap? Or a trailer at least. There's probably a you tube around.
I should check out YouTube. There was no recap on Netflix

This is a problem with binge watching TV shows (I am sure someone will write a thesis on it!) - you don't retain the info. Remember the good old days you had to wait a week between episodes and a year between seasons. You'd be thinking and talking about the show. Now its in and out....

Another cracking season, few minor mis-steps aside (the Snells surviving the hit in their car and just driving out of it, lol wut). Buddy turned into a really great character, sorry to see him go. The girl that plays Ruth is a cracking little actress and I thought the character development for Wendy was great this season, stone cold killer by the end (correct decision though for what its worth, what an olympic standard deadshit Ruth's dad was).

Didn't mind the Mason stuff as some others seemed to, that arc provided one of the most gut-wrenching moments of the season with his final scene in the basement with the baby, christ I found that hard to watch. Echo the thoughts that next season will probably focus on the Kansas City mob and Marty trying to square up with them over the non-union committment he made to the gambling commission.

Sorry to see Jacob Snell go, was pretty watchable I thought. Darlene hahaha what a nutcase, she'll obviously be the other foil floating around in season 3.

Yeah once again they could have wrapped it up but elected to leave loose ends. Hopefully they're not using the Lost/Walking Dead business model.

Was as good as the first but i hope they dont drag this show on too long.

That's a shame. Doubt they can maintain the quality for a third season.

Geez steady on boys, its had 2 seasons o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halfway through season two, this is a pretty decent series.

I like Ruth and the strange fbi agent they're the most entertaining to me, jason bateman seems to act in a similar sort of way no matter the character he is playing in basically everything though which makes it a little predictable and boring, that scene where he was getting his toe nails ripped off was pretty laughable.

Overall good show without being great worth a look

Last edited:
Was late to the party on this based on a poor review from someone a while back, but have binge watched both seasons over the last couple of weeks.

Loved it, are we allowed to ask/discuss hole plot questions or observations in this thread? I really only have a couple of big ones (one of which keeps the story convenient, but didn't make much practical sense)

Was late to the party on this based on a poor review from someone a while back, but have binge watched both seasons over the last couple of weeks.

Loved it, are we allowed to ask/discuss hole plot questions or observations in this thread? I really only have a couple of big ones (one of which keeps the story convenient, but didn't make much practical sense)

Don't see why not?

Fire away

So Ruth manages to get a 50k discount on the paddle steamer. What happened to the money?
She was dead keen on finding/fleecing as much as she could on and off during Season 2, but this was never spoken about, one way or the other again.....
Did she tell Marty or pocket it herself? She clearly didn't tell/give it to her old man!

So Ruth manages to get a 50k discount on the paddle steamer. What happened to the money?
She was dead keen on finding/fleecing as much as she could on and off during Season 2, but this was never spoken about, one way or the other again.....
Did she tell Marty or pocket it herself? She clearly didn't tell/give it to her old man!

I thought the boat guy was initially asking more than Marty had given Ruth to spend? Could be wrong though, been while since I watched this... so yeah I dunno, just pocketed the cash I assume.

She did kinda flip flop throughout season 2, one ep she's all in with her old man on fleecing Marty, the next seems like she's solid. I could kinda buy it though the way her old man was treating her.

Isn't that the money for her brothers college tuition?

Very curious to see how this season plays out. I wonder if it's the last season, I'm sure some people already know that answer though. I'm only 1.5 eps in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back