Mega Thread All things positive (the Rainbow connection) thread

Remove this Banner Ad

cant go anywhere so its a good time to get smoking
d9de231935d49fac621b6aa631cb0351.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

We're going to win today - well at least according to Foxtel.

(just realised it was the last game i saw us win at the G too)

Pretty funny watching our number 20 get tackled by their number 20, who's actually now our current number 20

nice

How long did you smoke it for?

I had it on for around 6 hours, I lost a bit of heat in the halfway through so I let it continue at a lower temp.

My biggest challenge while learning is getting my temperature consistent.

I had it on for around 6 hours, I lost a bit of heat in the halfway through so I let it continue at a lower temp.

My biggest challenge while learning is getting my temperature consistent.
what type of smoker do you have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what type of smoker do you have?

I don’t have one yet but am looking to invest in one now that my business is dying and I have no money coming in.

Any tips for the responsible people like myself?

I don’t have one yet but am looking to invest in one now that my business is dying and I have no money coming in.

Any tips for the responsible people like myself?
Depends on how much you want to spend i guess

I bought a Traeger pellet smoker for about $1,500 but you can get a smaller one for under a grand

I would recommend the pellet smoker as you can set the temp and it regulates the temp for you. Much easier than having to regulate the temp yourself

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’ve got the same one Bluelegs. I’ve been using it for about 4 years and still struggle with regulating the temp.

On GF day I tried to smoke a full brisket overnight, and even using a Bluetooth temp probe and alarm all night I still stuffed it.

00Stinger thats a nice smoke ring you’ve got on that thing. How long and what temp?

I’ve got the same one Bluelegs. I’ve been using it for about 4 years and still struggle with regulating the temp.

On GF day I tried to smoke a full brisket overnight, and even using a Bluetooth temp probe and alarm all night I still stuffed it.

00Stinger thats a nice smoke ring you’ve got on that thing. How long and what temp?
Having a pellet grill smoker I tend to smoke mine overnight. I usually do a 3-3.5kg brisket and inject it the night before with beef stock for moisture

So I put it on about 10pm at the lowest level. Think it is around 70-75 degrees Celsius

Wake up about 6 am and go and adjust the temp up to around 102-107 degres Celsius

Then when the internal temp of the brisket gets to around 150-160ish I coat it with coke/pepsi (about 150mls) then wrap it up in tinfoil and put it back in at 102-107 degrees (normally around 10am)

Then I pull the brisket off the smoker when it gets to about 195 degrees internal temp (around 1pm ish)

I keep it in the tinfoil and wrap it in a towel for about 1-2 hours depending on when I want to serve it

So 3-3.5kg usually smokes for around 15 hours

It's a solid unit as an entry-level product but the bloke at BBQ's galore sold it to me over an off-set on the basis that you have to regulate the temp on an offset a lot more.

When the temp starts dropping I've been pulling the top off to fan the briquettes with a rake to get them going again.

Interestingly on the weekend after I finished my cook I left the hood off with the tower still intact and the briquettes started to really pick up the heat after diminishing in the hour prior. I might play with that when I'm starting for my next go at it.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Now that 2020 is done, we can delusionally reflect on some of the positives to come out of it:

- Trac is now Elite and a match winner. Also very fun to watch.
- May probably should have been AA, had 10 goals kicked on him all year. Building chemistry with Lever.
- Langdon was an excellent pickup, top 5 in the BNF, arguably won us a handful of games with his gut running in last quarters.
- Oliver regained some confidence from last year. Kicking and ability to take the game on improved.
- Weid stood up as the lone target up forward for the majority of the season, top 10 in the BNF, nearly tore a few games apart, physicality and consistency improved. Building nicely.
- Jackson, Rivers, Pickett all showed great signs. Really strong draft crop coming through, a good combination of toughness and skill.
- Big tick for Burgo. Very few injuries and we seemed to run out games strongly.
- Hibberd bounced back after a shocking R1 coupled with the tragic passing of his brother to regain his intensity and defensive efforts we have come to know him for.

Much of the rest of the season was the same old Melbourne slop. That's life though, I guess.

Agree with all the above except perhaps Oliver.
Our draftees I felt all 'showed signs' which was nice. Rivers I think is the best pick (at least for now). Fits in at the top level and has some class we lack.
Thought we saw some usefulness from our lesser lights too. Hunt and Spargo had some good games up forward and each could easily slot in there.
Tomlinson was solid without ever really starring, but adds some versatility and consistency to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back