Mega Thread "I need to vent" thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

God there are some Real Idiots out there they not respecting other people

In most respects there's nothing wrong with going to the beach. A person going to the beach and then going home won't spread the virus. The problem happens when a lot of people have the same idea. I've found myself close to people in supermarkets and it was my intention to stay well clear of them. That's not to say that some people really dont give a stuff because they are thinking selfishly.

We just need to keep reminding each other to do the right thing. That staying home and not spreading the virus can save lives.

In most respects there's nothing wrong with going to the beach. A person going to the beach and then going home won't spread the virus. The problem happens when a lot of people have the same idea. I've found myself close to people in supermarkets and it was my intention to stay well clear of them. That's not to say that some people really dont give a stuff because they are thinking selfishly.

We just need to keep reminding each other to do the right thing. That staying home and not spreading the virus can save lives.
There is everything wrong with it.
A person that is a carrier can contaminate the area even if nobody is around; Handrails, showers, watertaps and sinks what not.
And that virus can life for hours on those surfaces.
What part of limiting contact to the absolute f*ing necessary don't people understand.
It is very simple:As soon as somebody gets out of their home, they have become a risk factor to others.
Either people should be doing that themselves or it will be decided to do that for them.
In the latter case we have wasted weeks where most have stayed at home only for some small group of *s to continue the spread.

Last edited:
We be on Level 4 Lockdown soon because of the Idiots don't listen and just ignore everything they been told
Seems to be mainly young people Dave, as they believe this is a boomer killer only. Stay safe.

There is everything wrong with it.
A person that is carrier can will contaminate the area even if nobody is around; Handrails, showers, watertaps and sinks what not.
And that virus can life for hours on those surfaces.
What part of limiting contact to the absolute f*ing necessary don't people understand.
It is very simple:As soon as somebody gets out of their home, they have become a risk factor to others.
Either people should be doing that themselves or it will be decided to do that for them.
In the latter case we have wasted weeks where most have stayed at home only for some small group of ******s to continue the spread.

I understand that common sense doesnt have an app yet, but I walked down to the beach today and while I didnt stay or go for a swim:

I didnt get within a metre to anyone on the walk
I didnt touch anything
If I did have a swim, I would have walked home and had a shower

On the way down there, there were people mulling around outside of eateries waiting for takeaways. Perfectly legal. WIthin gov't advice. Personally I wouldnt do it but they seemed to be spread out. I wonder about the plastic cups and where they have been. There was a hairdresser open across the road yesterday. I cut my own hair. I dont see the point but it's legal. Apparently, doctors have said it's ok.

I think it's important that when you go out that you dont touch anything but dont hear much about that. All you hear is washing hands and social distancing. At the moment, we are given a set a rules and there's not a lot of logic with some of them..... going to hairdressers etc.

I'd be happier if everyone just stayed inside for 2 weeks and then test everyone but some people seem to have a need to get some fresh air. I just thought it might be safer if they knew how to do it without spreading the virus.

In about an hour I'll be going for another walk. I wont be talking to anyone. I'll try to keep to streets without people and I'll keep my hands to myself.

Seems to me that ‘non-compliance’ goes across all generations and age groups. I thought the 20 somethings were behaving like idiots. Then the 70 somethings like the elderly lady in the lift the other day who wouldn’t move further away when I got in (and there was room to do so). Then the 40 something at the dentist who ignored the ‘safe distance’ line on the carpet. It goes on and on.

But - has anyone else noticed that cars waiting at traffic lights are also keeping well apart? A kind of vehicle distancing? Bizarre. The virus might have put an end to tailgating. o_O

PS: I am self isolating now anyway, before Big Dan rightly locks us all in our homes

Seems to me that ‘non-compliance’ goes across all generations and age groups. I thought the 20 somethings were behaving like idiots. Then the 70 somethings like the elderly lady in the lift the other day who wouldn’t move further away when I got in (and there was room to do so). Then the 40 something at the dentist who ignored the ‘safe distance’ line on the carpet. It goes on and on.

But - has anyone else noticed that cars waiting at traffic lights are also keeping well apart? A kind of vehicle distancing? Bizarre. The virus might have put an end to tailgating. o_O
I’ve only been out of the house twice in the last 4 days, both times to the local IGA. People are definitely making an effort to maintain social distancing. It’s not a joke anymore.

I understand that common sense doesnt have an app yet, but I walked down to the beach today and while I didnt stay or go for a swim:

I didnt get within a metre to anyone on the walk
I didnt touch anything
If I did have a swim, I would have walked home and had a shower

On the way down there, there were people mulling around outside of eateries waiting for takeaways. Perfectly legal. WIthin gov't advice. Personally I wouldnt do it but they seemed to be spread out. I wonder about the plastic cups and where they have been. There was a hairdresser open across the road yesterday. I cut my own hair. I dont see the point but it's legal. Apparently, doctors have said it's ok.

I think it's important that when you go out that you dont touch anything but dont hear much about that. All you hear is washing hands and social distancing. At the moment, we are given a set a rules and there's not a lot of logic with some of them..... going to hairdressers etc.

I'd be happier if everyone just stayed inside for 2 weeks and then test everyone but some people seem to have a need to get some fresh air. I just thought it might be safer if they knew how to do it without spreading the virus.

In about an hour I'll be going for another walk. I wont be talking to anyone. I'll try to keep to streets without people and I'll keep my hands to myself.
Fresh air is also one mtr outside the front door.
Using the "but it is legal" excuse is a lame cop out because it suits the narrative.
Sorry to say that includes you.
You are still a risk factor. You don't want to be, I understand that, but you are .
Nobody can guarantee they are not a carrier unless they have been tested and been in in isolation since then.
Bunker down, 2 perhaps 3 weeks. We should have enough tests by then to slowly go back to life.
Not trying to wing it. People will still spread and at a much higher costs.
No but, not if; simply don't.

Fresh air is also one mtr outside the front door.
Using the "but it is legal" excuse is a lame cop out because it suits the narrative.
Sorry to say that includes you.
You are still a risk factor. You don't want to be, I understand that, but you are .
Nobody can guarantee they are not a carrier unless they have been tested and been in in isolation since then.
Bunker down, 2 perhaps 3 weeks. We should have enough tests by then to slowly go back to life.
Not trying to wing it. People will still spread and at a much higher costs.
No but, not if; simply don't.

i didnt say that i agreed with the narrative. Also fresh air for me includes the exercise. So are you buying food? Maybe you need a chemist too? Do you live with people? Are they bunkered in with you? Have you excluded any face to face contact with anyone?

PS: I am self isolating now anyway, before Big Dan rightly locks us all in our homes

They making sure we be under Level 4 Lockdown very soon and this will last longer then 1st Thought

Me and my Family are also Self Isolating and only going out to get Food and few other things Needed at Home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's past a joke down here. People from Melbourne think they can "socially isolate" down here at their holiday houses (or worse) at "holiday accomodation". We don't have the infrastructure to cope with our own communities getting sick but if these holiday isolators get ill, well then we're stuffed!
IGA has been shopped to death for two weeks now (sometimes even by busloads of tourists who are still coming to the Great Ocean Rd) ....WHY??

For gods sake Dan...LOCK US DOWN...and the rest of ya....stay at home....(and we know you don't live down here!)

They making sure we be under Level 4 Lockdown very soon and this will last longer then 1st Thought

Me and my Family are also Self Isolating and only going out to get Food and few other things Needed at Home
Good example for us all Dave.

Just for the record, there is nothing wrong with being on a beach provided you keep moving and don't sit around in a group. I was on the Port Melbourne dog beach today and three police arrived and told the small groups of people on the sand that they would either have to swim or keep moving. There were several other people with their dogs and not a word was said to any of us.

Then when I was in line to pay for groceries at Coles I leaned forward to look over the heads of the couple in front to see if there were any Ages left on the stand. Of course there weren't - there never are at Port Melbourne Coles on a Saturday. The middle aged Chinese guy didn't like me briefly flickering inside their social distancing space and told me to stay away. Bit of a sore point for me really given my posting history on this topic but I bit my tongue and moved on with life.

First time I have been in a supermarket and there has been toilet paper and paper towel available and I wasn't interested. The shelves were stripped bare in other places. I am kind of surprised at some of the things in short supply.

It's past a joke down here. People from Melbourne think they can "socially isolate" down here at their holiday houses (or worse) at "holiday accomodation". We don't have the infrastructure to cope with our own communities getting sick but if these holiday isolators get ill, well then we're stuffed!
IGA has been shopped to death for two weeks now (sometimes even by busloads of tourists who are still coming to the Great Ocean Rd) ....WHY??

For gods sake Dan...LOCK US DOWN...and the rest of ya....stay at home....(and we know you don't live down here!)
If Singapore and Korea are examples of best practice it's not lockdowns that are going to save us from the virus but testing. Unfortunately we haven't spent the money nor had the forethought to do so on the one item proven significant in reducing the spread - testing equipment. Nor has the USA and look what a mess their figures are. Still I guess when the horse has already bolted lockdowns may be all that we have left. So long as supermarkets and bottle shops remain open I can survive a lockdown. In fact, other than the very important fact there is no football to follow or watch, I probably would not notice a lot of difference in my lifestyle.

Just for the record, there is nothing wrong with being on a beach provided you keep moving and don't sit around in a group. I was on the Port Melbourne dog beach today and three police arrived and told the small groups of people on the sand that they would either have to swim or keep moving. There were several other people with their dogs and not a word was said to any of us.

Then when I was in line to pay for groceries at Coles I leaned forward to look over the heads of the couple in front to see if there were any Ages left on the stand. Of course there weren't - there never are at Port Melbourne Coles on a Saturday. The middle aged Chinese guy didn't like me briefly flickering inside their social distancing space and told me to stay away. Bit of a sore point for me really given my posting history on this topic but I bit my tongue and moved on with life.

First time I have been in a supermarket and there has been toilet paper and paper towel available and I wasn't interested. The shelves were stripped bare in other places. I am kind of surprised at some of the things in short supply.

Could you explain to me the science behind keep moving.... Has it got something to do with how droplets come out of the carrier's mouth?

i didnt say that i agreed with the narrative. Also fresh air for me includes the exercise. So are you buying food? Maybe you need a chemist too? Do you live with people? Are they bunkered in with you? Have you excluded any face to face contact with anyone?
You don't agree completely with the narrative, just the part where you think you can do as you see fit.
You don't die by not going for 'fresh air' but people with Corona and have their lungs destroyed, do.
The virus doesn't care about your good intentions.
For the record, I don't buy food, don't need chemist, live with 1 person who has an auto immune disease and haven't spoken to anyone.
Am I cranky, yes. Am I going out for no reason other completely run out of food or urgent medical assistance, no.

People going out, are the ones spreading a virus.
I have never heard of a virus spreading by people staying at home.
I do my bit, do yours.

You don't agree completely with the narrative, just the part where you think you can do as you see fit.
You don't die by not going for 'fresh air' but people with Corona and have their lungs destroyed, do.
The virus doesn't care about your good intentions.
For the record, I don't buy food, don't need chemist, live with 1 person who has an auto immune disease and haven't spoken to anyone.
Am I cranky, yes. Am I going out for no reason other completely run out of food or urgent medical assistance, no.

People going out, are the ones spreading a virus.
I have never heard of a virus spreading by people staying at home.
I do my bit, do yours.

you should think twice about buying food. you might be a carrier by then

Good example for us all Dave.

Thanks.

My Dad is happy as on Monday he getting his 2nd Eye done for Catereic so he can then Recover at Home.

Good think we live on Acer and a Half so can go outside in the Yard and do things.

What doing now is not a Ton away from our Normal Routine

you should think twice about buying food. you might be a carrier by then
I thought you asked a hypothetical question, hence the yes to food and chemist when really needed.
In reality I am working from home for two weeks, my last foraging trip was almost a week ago and have no need to go for at least another one or two weeks.
If nobody in the household has gone out by then, I should be reasonably safe in assuming that I am not a carrier.
And even if I was and I was asymptomatic, I know I can't have spread it even further.

Golf courses now closed, played my last round this morning. Easy to keep distance from playing partners, etc, but had to happen. Solitary cycling is all I have left.
So sad! I had five rounds of golf booked for next week.
No rakes, no flags, three players only in a group - completely virus free.
It was so lovely out there on Friday with the sun, good company, trees and magpies. :'(:'(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back