Society/Culture Victoria Cross winner Ben Roberts-Smith - Allegations of war crimes

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that he kicked a civilian off a cliff is not an unsupported claim. The only thing in question is what compelled him to commit such an act, and it seems like a reasonable assumption to make that he was trying to emulate King Leonidas in 300 - a movie that our SAS troopers seemed to have an obsession with at the time.

Why did you say you didnt know - I pointed out I wasnt disputing the claim. Your assume comment says it all.

You are still a bottom feeder in my book.

I'm not the one who kicks innocent people off cliffs to look tough in front of my mates.
No you are the gutless wonder who makes unsupported claims & adds a dose of mayo, a mental midget,

Where is that supported claim, not the allegations, come on put up, see if you Mum can help.
Any number here that can go further than the allegation. Try 36 or 38, 37 cant help.

No you are the gutless wonder who makes unsupported claims & adds a dose of mayo, a mental midget,

Where is that supported claim, not the allegations, come on put up, see if you Mum can help.
Any number here that can go further than the allegation.

What unsupported claims did I make?

Defending the indefensible.
You go girl.

IF you have forgotten I've not defended the action let alone the kid adding mayo from some movie, now theres a dose of reality from the school playground.

You havent posted anything to support the claim not even the allegation, so I understand your need to regard an allegation as good enough if it suits your purpose, bit shallow but I understand your need. The OP is battling to even find the allegation, needs a bit of help.

If people don't enlist then you might get a letter saying congratulations you are in the service now. I wouldn't be complaining about romancing the service life. Appreciate your military and thank them because whatever reason they join ..it means you don't have to.

Am I meant to appreciate and thank these scumbags?:

soldier is under investigation for allegedly threatening the family of the judge looking into allegations Australian Special Forces committed war crimes.

The woman who has accused Australia’s most decorated soldier, Ben Roberts-Smith, of assaulting her during their seven-month affair claims he "coached" her on how to explain her black eye to her husband.

Members of the elite Special Air Service Regiment have been linked to an armed robbery, the theft of weapons, missing classified documents

A record of a discussion between two long-serving SAS patrol commanders, obtained by Fairfax Media, reveals some experienced soldiers in the regiment were worried that Roberts-Smith's apparent bullying meant some in his patrol were scared to question battlefield incidents or those which allegedly occurred back at base or in training.

Just from one regiment. And you can go on and on and on. I'll never thank any of these "heroes" for their "service". They don't deserve it. Doctors, nurses, firefighters, ambos, cops, aged care and disability workers, even garbos and shelf stackers at Coles are greater heroes in our society, it's them who deserve a public holiday in their honour and to be continuously thanked for their work not Australia's overglorified public servants.

War crimes being punishable by death doesn't seem that unappealing when invading foreign nations and killing civilians intentionally.

Killing citizens knowingly no argument - pls dont make out I'm a warmonger, but I do absolutely support our troops regardless of the leanings of the Govt of the day.
'Punch a posty' & 'whack a wharfy' happened when misfits took their politics out on the troops because they couldnt win an election. Weak mongrels.
If our guys transgress they pay the penalty.

You could want to hear the facts, but to each his own.

Do you 'believe everything you read in the papers' or just the bits that float your boat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you were either knocked back from joining the army, or a soldier stole your girl.

My money is on the court being closed.:disappointed:

9FCtoKC.jpg

A former soldier turned senior lawyer has been appointed to prosecute cases of alleged Australian war crimes during the Afghanistan war.

The ABC can reveal David McLure SC was recently drafted by the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (CDPP) for the arduous and high-profile role.

Be interesting to see who out of The West or Murdoch is first to jump in with the character assassination efforts on behalf of Roberts-Smith camp.

It’s a way of militarising our culture.
Just like America, with their “thank you for your service” culture. Not only can’t you say anything bad about the military, you HAVE to support them and thank them and call them heroes at every opportunity.

Everywhere I’ve been in the US if anyone is identified as a soldier they get thank you’s, hand shakes, offers to pay for drinks, meals. People give up their seats for them. They are fawned over in every form of culture from the Ellen Show to the NFL. This for people who may do nothing more than an administrative job in a base stateside and have never been shot at.

Whilst most civilian professions get ignored or get some lip service if they’re in the media for a little while (like firefighters here recently, and healthcare workers are at the moment) but once they’ve faded from the news cycle they’ll be dismissed and we’ll go back to military hero worship.

Even the Minister for Veteran’s Affairs said all Australians should shake the hand of any member of the military and thank them for their service. The powers that be want this American military hero worship culture here no doubt.

So if another Lib government is in power they’ll probably put a former General in charge. Let the “civvie scum” know their place. Which is a label I’m told is quite widespread in the military, and not a joke either. I’ve come across it in varying degrees from former military. From bragging about how much better they are at whatever they do than “civvies”, to downright hatred of civilians. Pure hatred.
It is the lionising of military service aspect of ANZAC Day which sickens me. It is a calculated attempt by government to ensure a goodly supply of fools to carry on the tradition of Australia sticking their beak into countries with which we have no argument.

As you quite rightly point out, not all who served are heroes. Some were murderers, rapists, thieves and/or torturers. Are they as worthy of this mindless adulation as well?

It’s a choice. We have had National Service and conscription before. Either way we will have a defence force. Just be appreciative that young men and women are volunteering so you don’t have to.
Ah yes, a return to conscription. It was so embraced by all the two occasions it was instituted here. Sure to be an electoral winner.

Either way we will have a defence force. As Cromwell said by Hook or by Crook.
I'm not convinced a bunch of surly unmotivated eighteen year olds who probably don't want to be there is the sort of defence force that a modern country needs.

I'm not convinced a bunch of surly unmotivated eighteen year olds who probably don't want to be there is the sort of defence force that a modern country needs.
Not without a jingoistic social engineering campaign, anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back